What Is Your Stance on Wearing Ex Bills Jerseys at home games?

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Who the hell are you to say that? He won many games for the Bills during his time here. Learn your team history.

Goddam Whippersnappers..? 

Anyway, as usual, this thread is stupid. Do you and your classmates take into account jerseys are often gifts? They May have significant meaning beyond just a jersey for Gameday. 

You’ve yet to make a mature thread, yet, undaunted, you puke one out every day..

I’m going to need to speak to Mrs Chandler please.  She’s clearly not performing her wifely duties and is making Mr. Chandler frustrated. 

?

4 hours ago, thurst44 said:

the Bills, as I have been since a child in the 1980s (my family's from Buffalo) and stayed with them while I was in grade school in Manhattan and the team was going 2-14 for two years straight. Maybe some fans rocking obsolete jerseys are "half way invested" but not fair to presume that ;)

Sorry, yes I may be overreacting while sleepless in the middle of the night, but find this thread a bit obnoxious and judgmental.

Oh, it’s definitely judge mental.  I think it comes from being a yankee fan too.   I’m so sick of seeing fair weather fans.  I get annoyed when I see yankee jerseys that have the player name on the back.  That’s literally their one uniform rule and you break it as a fan.  

I know a lot of people go to the game for the first time, want to wear a jersey, go to TJ Max, and they have a ton of McCoy jerseys on clearance and they don’t know any better. 

It’s an elitist mentality and anyone judging is a dick.   But yeah, I’m kind of a dick. 

• Like (+1) 1

One of the fun parts of Bills games in partying in the lot and seeing what jerseys people wear.  Official jerseys cost too much to constantly wear a current player based on roster turnover.  Nothing wrong with wearing a former player currently playing elsewhere...although Gilmore to a patsies game is kinda weird.

Me, I wear my Kent Hull jersey to regular season gams, and my Moorman for preseason.  Yep, Moorman, and I have nothing to apologize for...

4 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Maybe because his valid opinion is relevant to the topic at hand?  We could do without the gatekeeping and "only opinions that agree with me are valid" attitude.

For the record, I also weigh in heavily in the WHO CARES and "not everyone has the money to blow on new jerseys every offseason" camps.

Someone giving a single crap about what Bills jersey someone else wears is akin to questioning a female gamer on her gaming credentials, or grilling a superhero movie fan on their knowledge of comic lore.  It's elitist nonsense.

I interpreted 'Who cares' as 'Who cares what anyone's stance is...' not 'Who cares what jersey someone wears'. Perhaps I misinterpreted, if so you're right, completely valid opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Taskerismygod said:

I am certain that any player whose jersey I buy is doomed: injured, a bust, cut, traded, gone. I have copious amounts of evidence to support this fear, lol.

I can slightly relate.  I was given a Fred Jackson jersey for my birthday & he was cut like a week later.  I'll still wear that thing until it falls apart though.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

I mostly wore former player jerseys to games, I’m built to play on the offensive line so I didn’t hear any smart-mouth comments on my choices 

Sure you are. And I'm built to play wide receiver, lol.

?

I'm guessing you are better built for spectating.......in row_33, of course.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

I have 2 Bills jerseys:

81 Chandler (Home Blue, Puma, authentic at the time)

61 Kalsu (Away White, Reebok, replica)

Both are players that died too young. But, being safely in the ground, they can’t OJ me.

True story: I ordered my Chandler jersey online. A few hours later, I get a call from a nice lady in Iowa asking if that the name I wanted. She had checked the Bills roster and there were no Chandlers. “Is this a gift?”, she inquired. “Nah, just my first favorite player from the 70s.” I then explained how they postponed the OJ trial for his funeral. She said, “Wow, I’m going to reduce the shipping/handling to $1.01.” Apparently if they went lower, it required some sort of paperwork.

Anyway, I have a very good , never worn, Chinese-knockoff Tyler Myers sweater hanging in my closet. It was $28 w/ $45 shipping. 

?

11 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Then I guess Rob Johnson 11 is completely out of the question.

I remember when the Bills fan shop was blowing out red ‘third version’ jerseys with ‘Johnson’ and ‘11’ for $5.  Long before there was ever any talk of ‘Color Rush’.  I am surprised that we didn’t see pictures from Africa of people wearing them.

8 hours ago, UConn James said:

That’s what I did when I got an Elite (~$300) throwback jersey. I picked a favorite number and have my last name on back. It’s going to last a long time. I don’t want the name of some dude who may not be there next week in the revolving door that is the modern / free agency NFL.

If anyone has a problem with this, they can pound sand.

I went to my first game at Rich/Ralph/NE Field back in 1997, and while walking through the lot, some drunk started in about me wearing my authentic Kelly jersey, saying I should get a current player. **** that and **** him. Wear what you want. You and I are not there to impress anyone with our fashion choices.

Yup, I'm with you UConn James!!!

11 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Sure you are. And I'm built to play wide receiver, lol.

?

I'm guessing you are better built for spectating.......in row_33, of course.

I’m up there in height and girth, sure not in good as shape at 280 as those carrying it and still playing