What Is Your Stance on Wearing Ex Bills Jerseys at home games?

My 'Whitner' jersey now says 'Rosen'.  Wore it yesterday.  My 'Dareus' jersey now says 'Phillips'

My Bledsoe jersey is now blank, and is not allowed out of the back of the closet.  I don't really wear the Moulds jersey any more either - I associate that whole period with those uniforms with losing.

My Johnson and Spiller jerseys are worn out-and-about, but not to games. 

But my authentic Jeff Wright and Chris Spielman jerseys are still viable, and my new throwback Kent Hull jersey was worn last week.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

true story..Ive only "retired" aka donated to Goodwill one jersey in my life and that was Willis Mcgahee...Once you badmouth Buffalo upon exit you are persona non grata NO WAY do I represent you after you dis not only my city but my football team.  Plus I don't want to be associated with having bought such a losers jersey in the first place lol..

Anyone elses jersey I don't judge..I did have to laugh at a billsbackers bar when I saw a guy sporting an Ashton Youbouty jersey and the guy was like 6'6" 290 LOL it just struck me funny :-))

• Thank you (+1) 1

I still laugh about the jersey I saw at a preseason game 3 years ago - was a chinese knock-off Dan Carpenter jersey.  Or it was supposed to be, but it said 'Carpernter' ?

Dude was wearing it anyway, oblivious.

Carpernter.jpg

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 10/5/2019 at 11:22 PM, RiotAct said:

It’s fine.  Unless the player left on reeaallyyyy bad terms.

Yeah. I wore my Jackson jersey during the year he was on the Seahawks roster because he's just a guy that I have a lot of respect for. I can even understand Shady. He left on good  terms, and it was strictly a football decision.

But guys like Whitner, and McGahee, burn those jerseys before wearing them to a game. This is why I buy the chinese jerseys. If they last 2 years, I get my money's worth.

• Like (+1) 1

I tend to stay away from current players jerseys for that reason. I made the exception when we drafted Oliver because I'm a Houston Cougar fan and follwed him since his freshman year. So I bought a Red color rush jersey with his name. Reason being, if he ends up not being a Bill in a few years, I can still wear it to all the Cougar games.

35 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I tend to stay away from current players jerseys for that reason. I made the exception when we drafted Oliver because I'm a Houston Cougar fan and follwed him since his freshman year. So I bought a Red color rush jersey with his name. Reason being, if he ends up not being a Bill in a few years, I can still wear it to all the Cougar games.

Cowart was the last jersey for an active player

active for another 2 weeks...  :(

If it's Bills gear or even Bills colors, it's a-ok.  

Bills fans come from all walks of life, some with limited means to invest in the team.  Nobody should be shamed for wearing a historic jersey - and that's what they truly are - historic treasures, a snapshot in time of the franchise and the fan's life.    

I personally like the menagerie of jersey colors and names. 

Still impressed with the fan who had an authentic John Digiorgio jersey who wasn't...John Digiorgio. 

Edited by dpberr

4 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I still laugh about the jersey I saw at a preseason game 3 years ago - was a chinese knock-off Dan Carpenter jersey.  Or it was supposed to be, but it said 'Carpernter' ?

Dude was wearing it anyway, oblivious.

Carpernter.jpg

at least my knock off was spelled correctly....   Can't argue the need for a  straight and FIXED Font .... 

image.png.1790daf3457a246b4f1a35637a0337d2.png

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

the buffalo is not face-planting   everything else is crooked 

?

If his back toes and his front knees (and chin) are even with that hem, he''s face-planting.  It's a classic knock-off giveaway.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/7/2019 at 10:49 AM, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I still laugh about the jersey I saw at a preseason game 3 years ago...

Carpernter.jpg

Seamstress drinks...a lot.

48 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

the buffalo is not face-planting   everything else is crooked 

Including the place you bought it from...?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

Havent bought a jersey in a long long time.   I think my last was Posluszny.    I am in my mid thirties now and something about wearing another guys name on my back, who happens to be younger than me feels a little strange.   That said, if I bought another one I would only buy a former long time player like Kelly or Thomas.    May go for something novel like the aforementioned Bryce Paup jersey, I think those are at the very least a conversation starter.

Otherwise live and let live.   Very weird for any grown man to be putting another person down for their choice of sports wear.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Havent bought a jersey in a long long time.   I think my last was Posluszny.    I am in my mid thirties now and something about wearing another guys name on my back, who happens to be younger than me feels a little strange.   That said, if I bought another one I would only buy a former long time player like Kelly or Thomas.    May go for something novel like the aforementioned Bryce Paup jersey, I think those are at the very least a conversation starter.

Otherwise live and let live.   Very weird for any grown man to be putting another person down for their choice of sports wear.

you flip and flop all over that simple posting.

we understand.

Walking around Nashville, I didn’t really pay attention to whether that player was still on the team. I just saw a sea of Bills jerseys, and that’s what Nashville saw. That’s what thee fans at home saw. I’m not a big jersey guy (I just wear my Bills gear), but I know they are very expensive and every year is a ton of turnover. Wear what you got!!! Represent! 

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

Walking around Nashville, I didn’t really pay attention to whether that player was still on the team. I just saw a sea of Bills jerseys, and that’s what Nashville saw. That’s what thee fans at home saw. I’m not a big jersey guy (I just wear my Bills gear), but I know they are very expensive and every year is a ton of turnover. Wear what you got!!! Represent! 

once you get out of high school you realize people aren't staring at you all the time, unless you are famous or REALLY REALLY stand out

jerseys are a good way to bond on the road and at games, legally of course...

• Like (+1) 1