What Is Your Stance on Wearing Ex Bills Jerseys at home games?

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

It’s fine.  Unless the player left on reeaallyyyy bad terms.

Or committed an atrocity after leaving

I mostly wore former player jerseys to games, I’m built to play on the offensive line so I didn’t hear any smart-mouth comments on my choices 

• Like (+1) 1

it should be about the name on the front not the name on the back....unless its a player that said bad things about Buffalo while/after leaving, I wont wear those but I wont judge someone else for wearing it...and like many have said, $100 - $250 for a damn shirt is just crazy to throw into limbo cuz the player is gone

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Amen. I dont do it, but if someone does they probably are half way Invested fans, with a curiosity towards the sports whats wrong with that.

Guarantee there are plenty of crowds that wear designer suites everyday that would laugh at someone in an authentic Allen jersey!

Dont be a fn tool

I know you mean well here, but it's a bit backhanded to call someone a "half way invested fan" for not buying a new jersey all the time. As it happens, I'm not really a jersey person, but in a fit of excitement after driving 10 hours to watch Andre Reed inducted, I decided to buy a jersey, and my choices were Manuel and Watkins. I had a well-paying full-time job then, and am working multiple part-time jobs recently. I still try to find money for Sunday ticket (a new jersey has been secondary) and in NYC between that and going to the Bills bar, I have only missed watching one game in the last 20 years (went to college in Buffalo and lived there most of the 1990s), and watched the replay of that as soon as I could -- that would be on NFL Game Pass in the Seattle airport, screaming loud enough I risked getting thrown out of the area. Tomorrow, I'm checking out the Public House, NYCBBB's new place, and I WILL wear that Watkins jersey proudly, because, to address another poster in this thread...

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I get why people don’t upgrade for that reason.  But yes, I think it’s weird to support players not on the team that aren’t on the Wall. Kyle would be an exception because he will go up there.  

We're not supporting the players, we're supporting the team. I don't wear the jersey to rep Watkins -- although I wish him no specific harm -- but to support the Bills, as I have been since a child in the 1980s (my family's from Buffalo) and stayed with them while I was in grade school in Manhattan and the team was going 2-14 for two years straight. Maybe some fans rocking obsolete jerseys are "half way invested" but not fair to presume that ;)

Sorry, yes I may be overreacting while sleepless in the middle of the night, but find this thread a bit obnoxious and judgmental.

• Like (+1) 3

Totally cool.

It is a Bills jersey after all.

And it shows you are a true fan who has been through it as opposed to a Johnny Come Lately in an Oliver jersey.  When I go to a game at the Ralph i get a kick out of some of the old jerseys I see.  And yes, a few years ago I saw a lady in a Maybin jersey.

buy yeah, wear whatever jersey you want.

as for me, I'm going with Flutie on Sunday.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Haha (+1) 2

Wearing a Moorman jersey now is almost as bad as buying one in the first place.

I have seen the following jerseys that make no sense to be wearing in 2019

1. Price

2. Spiller

3. Manuel

4. Alonso

5. Moorman

6. Gilmore - seriously the dude was wearing a Gilmore Bills jersey

7. Watkins

8. Dareus 

9. M. Williams

10. Edwards 

I understand these are expensive but if you were wearing any of the above this season, you really just need to go buy a new sweatshirt. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Wear whatever jersey you want, we are all there to support the same team, who cares what you are wearing.

Better?

3 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Why did you bother weighing in? 

There are countless threads I open and think the same as you, I ignore them.

Maybe because his valid opinion is relevant to the topic at hand?  We could do without the gatekeeping and "only opinions that agree with me are valid" attitude.

For the record, I also weigh in heavily in the WHO CARES and "not everyone has the money to blow on new jerseys every offseason" camps.

Someone giving a single crap about what Bills jersey someone else wears is akin to questioning a female gamer on her gaming credentials, or grilling a superhero movie fan on their knowledge of comic lore.  It's elitist nonsense.

32 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Wearing a Moorman jersey now is almost as bad as buying one in the first place.

I have seen the following jerseys that make no sense to be wearing in 2019

1. Price

2. Spiller

3. Manuel

4. Alonso

5. Moorman

6. Gilmore - seriously the dude was wearing a Gilmore Bills jersey

7. Watkins

8. Dareus 

9. M. Williams

10. Edwards 

I understand these are expensive but if you were wearing any of the above this season, you really just need to go buy a new sweatshirt. 

I still have and sometimes wear my old Moorman jersey, which I got back at my first live Bills game all those years ago.  I was a fan of his when I was young and I won't stand for being shamed for it by elitist jerks.

Saying that makes you sound like the forum equivalent of a diva WR or RB who is a cancer to the team, bringing everyone else down.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I still have and sometimes wear my old Moorman jersey, which I got back at my first live Bills game all those years ago.  I was a fan of his when I was young and I won't stand for being shamed for it by elitist jerks.

Saying that makes you sound like the forum equivalent of a diva WR or RB who is a cancer to the team, bringing everyone else down.

He was the punter on some of the most disappointing teams of all time. Great for the community but still he was a punter.  To each their own. I only own one jersey. HOF signed Thurman Thomas. And that stays at home. 

4 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'm curious, did you buy it before or after?

Way after, when Four Falls of Buffalo came out

Norwood suffered more as a Bill than any of us have suffered as long-suffering Bills fans.

Edited by Dan Darragh
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Here is a funny topic some fellow Bills fans and I were discussing while tailgating.  Is it a party foul or maybe a “fashion “faux pas” to show up to a Bills game wearing a jersey of a player who no longer plays on the team.  I don’t mean old players who are synonymous with Buffalo like legends like Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith or even fan favorites like Stevie Johnson or Fred Jackson.  Even the fans who wore Mario Williams jerseys....he’s not longer in the NFL so I guess that’s ok. 

But I’m talking more jerseys of former Bills who are still playing in the NFL.  Obviously, I’m guessing people spent a lot of money on the jersey and didn’t want to spend more on another jersey just because that player left.  I get it from a logic standpoint.  But from a fan standpoint (and as a jersey buff), I think it’s kind of weird. 

At the stadium Sunday I saw Bills fans wearing jerseys of Ryan Fitzpatrick, Stephon Gilmore (Ironic, huh?), LeSean McCoy, Tyrod Taylor, Sammy Watkins and many more.  You wouldn’t believe how many people had on Marcel Dareus jerseys!  There were a lot LOL.

So as a Bills fans, what’s your own stance on wearing a Bills jersey of a current NFL player who is playing with another team?   

This got me thinking, is it equally a fashion faux pas to have your own name on a Bills jersey?

5 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Norwood is overrated big time by the fan base.

Who the hell are you to say that? He won many games for the Bills during his time here. Learn your team history.

Goddam Whippersnappers..? 

Anyway, as usual, this thread is stupid. Do you and your classmates take into account jerseys are often gifts? They May have significant meaning beyond just a jersey for Gameday. 

You’ve yet to make a mature thread, yet, undaunted, you puke one out every day..

• Like (+1) 1

I'm in the "who cares" group... fan in front of me was wearing a #32 "not guilty" custom jersey and I wore my #58 Conlan jersey. As long as you aren't wearing a jersey of a team that isn't playing at the ralph that day, who cares about the name or number as long as you are supporting your team?