What Is Your Stance on Wearing Ex Bills Jerseys at home games?

Here is a funny topic some fellow Bills fans and I were discussing while tailgating.  Is it a party foul or maybe a “fashion “faux pas” to show up to a Bills game wearing a jersey of a player who no longer plays on the team.  I don’t mean old players who are synonymous with Buffalo like legends like Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith or even fan favorites like Stevie Johnson or Fred Jackson.  Even the fans who wore Mario Williams jerseys....he’s not longer in the NFL so I guess that’s ok. 

But I’m talking more jerseys of former Bills who are still playing in the NFL.  Obviously, I’m guessing people spent a lot of money on the jersey and didn’t want to spend more on another jersey just because that player left.  I get it from a logic standpoint.  But from a fan standpoint (and as a jersey buff), I think it’s kind of weird. 

At the stadium Sunday I saw Bills fans wearing jerseys of Ryan Fitzpatrick, Stephon Gilmore (Ironic, huh?), LeSean McCoy, Tyrod Taylor, Sammy Watkins and many more.  You wouldn’t believe how many people had on Marcel Dareus jerseys!  There were a lot LOL.

So as a Bills fans, what’s your own stance on wearing a Bills jersey of a current NFL player who is playing with another team?   

• Like (+1) 1

I do not buy them for that reason.  The Not For Long reality is that they expect you to fork over extra cash for the right to wear soon to be irrelevant apparel and I don't like the concept. 

Kudos to the fan I saw with the duct tape over the obsolete name plate with the new name repping the number written on it with a sharpie.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Who cares

7 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Wear whatever jersey you want, we are all there to support the same team, who cares what you are wearing.

Better?

Why did you bother weighing in? 

There are countless threads I open and think the same as you, I ignore them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Unless they are on the wall, I don’t wear anyone but current jerseys.  

With that being said, I’ve never had a Jersey last more than two years with turnover.   They are stupid expensive and ever since Nike took over, they are made super cheap.  

I get why people don’t upgrade for that reason.  But yes, I think it’s weird to support players not on the team that aren’t on the Wall. Kyle would be an exception because he will go up there.  

I tried to find a good knock off site for jerseys as, for only $20, they are really well made.  

48 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Who cares

Amen. I dont do it, but if someone does they probably are half way Invested fans, with a curiosity towards the sports whats wrong with that.

Guarantee there are plenty of crowds that wear designer suites everyday that would laugh at someone in an authentic Allen jersey!

Dont be a fn tool

• Thank you (+1) 1

Totally depends on who it is. Someone like KW95 or Freddy is obviously 100% ok. Something like a Mario Williams or a Sammy Watkins is more iffy. Then there’s the ones that have been gone long enough now that it’s ok to wear again like a Terrence McGee or a Takeo Spikes or Milloy. Then there’s just the trash that should never be worn like Losman, Edwards, McGahee, etc.

I have a Thurman jersey and a Owens jersey and wear them both. Don't give a ***** what anyone thinks. Although Thurman's hot wife yelled "nice jersey" to me as I was walking through lot 1 as her and Thurm were driving into the stadium.

• Like (+1) 1