Jonathan Jones NOT fined for his hit on Allen

Herc11
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Listen up!

Keep it moderately clean, folks.  When I edit I'm way less creative than y'all are capable of without getting crude.

Damned if I want to toss any Bills fans on game day for righteous upset about league inconsistency and perceived favoring Pats.

But I also don't want to spend game day baby-sitting this topical relevant thread

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

It was a helmet to helmet hit and penalty, called correctly on the field. Not sure what else there is to assess.

Other than, maybe, a fine...you know, what this thread is actually about?

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I have read all the threads on this topic. You all pretend like a penalty wasn’t assessed on the field so you can shake your fist at the sky and say the league hates Buffalo and hates Josh Allen and wants him to die on the field.

more power to y’all. 

If you've read all the threads on this topic and that's your take home of what "you all" (we all) think, I would suggest you up your reading comprehension.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you've read all the threads on this topic and that's your take home of what "you all" (we all) think, I would suggest you up your reading comprehension.

Yeah I already read your previous dramatic post about the “implications” of this hit without recognition that it’s existed for personal fouls for as long as I can remember.

It’s okay. Everyone has a right to be a little dramatic and over the top.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What I see is that (regardless of intent and "dirtyness" of the hit)

1) Jones could have tackled the runner differently in a way that wouldn't smash helmets

2) If the league wants to eliminate helmet to helmet hits, they have to take a consistent stance on Every One.  Every.  One.

Regardless of Jones intent, what the league just said to all DB is "if you see laundry fly, go ahead and helmet the runner in the hat.  your team won't suffer, and if you flip your shoulder as you hit, you're good"

I think this is very unfortunate.

Again....look at the wording.  Allen being regarded as a runner at that point, still on his feet and churning forward for yards, is part of the picture.

You are NOT going to see Brady**** putting himself in that same situation.

Whether we like it or not, it's the league sending a message to Allen and the Bills as well: "if you (your boy) wants to put himself in harm's way, stiff-arm and truck over linebackers, put his head down and keep his feet churning for yards, he's getting no protection and no benefit of the doubt when he does"

Allen:  SLIDE.  S-L-I-D-E.

Agreed. Thats exactly what the nfl is saying. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yeah I already read your previous dramatic post about the “implications” of this hit without recognition that it’s existed for personal fouls for as long as I can remember.

It’s okay. Everyone has a right to be a little dramatic and over the top.

So bright eyes, when did the league put in the helmet-to-helmet ejection rule and all the recent changes?  Do you really want to try to defend the concept that the NFL hasn't changed its message and its enforcement of helmet to helmet hits and etc quite recently?

Unless of course, your memory only extends a few short years.  Which would explain a lot.

But if you read my post, however you characterize it, you're being quite disingenuous in your claim that "we all" think there wasn't a flag.  That is all.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So bright eyes, when did the league put in the helmet-to-helmet ejection rule and all the recent changes?  Do you really want to try to defend the concept that the NFL hasn't changed its message and its enforcement of helmet to helmet hits and etc quite recently?

Unless of course, your memory only extends a few short years.  Which would explain a lot.

But if you read my post, however you characterize it, you're being quite disingenuous in your claim that "we all" think there wasn't a flag.  That is all.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What I see is that (regardless of intent and "dirtyness" of the hit)

1) Jones could have tackled the runner differently in a way that wouldn't smash helmets

2) If the league wants to eliminate helmet to helmet hits, they have to take a consistent stance on Every One.  Every.  One.

Regardless of Jones intent, what the league just said to all DB is "if you see laundry fly, go ahead and helmet the runner in the hat.  your team won't suffer, and if you flip your shoulder as you hit, you're good"

I think this is very unfortunate.

Again....look at the wording.  Allen being regarded as a runner at that point, still on his feet and churning forward for yards, is part of the picture.

You are NOT going to see Brady**** putting himself in that same situation.

Whether we like it or not, it's the league sending a message to Allen and the Bills as well: "if you (your boy) wants to put himself in harm's way, stiff-arm and truck over linebackers, put his head down and keep his feet churning for yards, he's getting no protection and no benefit of the doubt when he does" 

Allen:  SLIDE.  S-L-I-D-E.

Yeah unless you consider flags for helmet to helmet hits “no protection,” I’d say I was right on the money.

You should try watching this guy named Cam Newton, he’s been lowering the shoulder as a runner for almost a decade and hasn’t left in his wake hundreds of ejected defensive players. It’s nothing new in the NFL.

Edited by BringBackOrton

13 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Is there a soul alive who believes that if it was Tom Brady getting speared in the head,  that this would be the ruling?

That's one of the worst helmet to helmet hits I've seen.

Wow...

That wasn’t one of the worst you’ve seen unless you don’t watch football

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yeah unless you consider flags for helmet to helmet hits “no protection,” I’d say I was right on the money.

You should try watching this guy named Cam Newton, he’s been lowering the shoulder as a runner for almost a decade and hasn’t left in his wake hundreds of ejected defensive players. It’s nothing new in the NFL.

The lack of reading comprehension is quite stunning.  What part of " Regardless of Jones intent, what the league just said to all DB is "if you see laundry fly, go ahead and helmet the runner in the hat.  your team won't suffer, and if you flip your shoulder as you hit, you're good" can you possibly interpret as a claim "flags for helmet to helmet hits are no protection"?

Never mind, I don't really want to know.  Either it's disingenuous or you really can't get it.

I fully expected no fine or suspension ... If it was Brady it would've been different.

Was there a fine on the cheap shot against Barclay a couple plays later ?  ... I'm guessing no.

This is one of the reasons people are thinking this league is scripted, the patriots seem to get away with everything and get assistance from the men in stripes.

this is shades of Cam Newton,  guy becomes a runner,  refs barely care if youre a QB or not when u get hit like that.

IF it was Brady,  of course there would be a fine,   hes on a different level.  Brady doesnt run around like that tho.

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

I mean if this took place 20 years ago not a big deal at all really.  Jimbo even took some rougher hits than that.

But yeah as everyone alluded too you can't tell us if that was Brady on the receiving end of that there'd be no league repercussions.  

The flip side is if it’s poyer hitting a Zeke- you’d be surprised to see the flag or it might possibly go against zeke (though with the tackler wrapping up from behind unlikely - point being the runner can’t drop his head either)

it it was an ugly play. Outside of our community it wasn’t judged as being significantly outside the norms of the game though.

3 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I fully expected no fine or suspension ... If it was Brady it would've been different.

Was there a fine on the cheap shot against Barclay a couple plays later ?  ... I'm guessing no.

This is one of the reasons people are thinking this league is scripted, the patriots seem to get away with everything and get assistance from the men in stripes.

If scripted- they’d be better off not throwing the flag but later fining. With this scenario I’m not seeing the point of the “script”

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The lack of reading comprehension is quite stunning.  What part of " Regardless of Jones intent, what the league just said to all DB is "if you see laundry fly, go ahead and helmet the runner in the hat.  your team won't suffer, and if you flip your shoulder as you hit, you're good" can you possibly interpret as a claim "flags for helmet to helmet hits are no protection"?

Never mind, I don't really want to know.  Either it's disingenuous or you really can't get it.

Flip side, ignoring the back and forth to get back to the core.... without that flag on the hit the drives over. It was far from a free pass, it was an extra play at midfield in a 1 score game in the 4th. I think most coaches would advise their teams to avoid that even in an offsetting scenario.

Gee, it's almost like @BringBackOrton is dodging my question.  I'll ask a third time...can you look me in tbe eyes and tell me that had Brady took that exact hit, there would not have been a fine?

The point you're missing is, it's the NFL's hypocracy and favoritism that has us upset.  NE, and especially The Golden Child, simply get preferential treatment.  This incident is just another example and some of us are getting sick of it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Gee, it's almost like @BringBackOrton is dodging my question.  I'll ask a third time...can you look me in tbe eyes and tell me that had Brady took that exact hit, there would not have been a fine?

The point you're missing is, it's the NFL's hypocracy and favoritism that has us upset.  NE, and especially The Golden Child, simply get preferential treatment.  This incident is just another example and some of us are getting sick of it.

I’m not sure. When’s the last time Brady took a head to head hit as a runner?

6 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Brady is a lot more likely than josh, or cam to get that flag. Josh is a lot more likely than gore to get that flag. It’s life. 

On the fines, I think it’s more even handed on a broad level. 

Edited by NoSaint

24 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

The flip side is if it’s poyer hitting a Zeke- you’d be surprised to see the flag or it might possibly go against zeke (though with the tackler wrapping up from behind unlikely - point being the runner can’t drop his head either)

it it was an ugly play. Outside of our community it wasn’t judged as being significantly outside the norms of the game though.

If scripted- they’d be better off not throwing the flag but later fining. With this scenario I’m not seeing the point of the “script”

Flip side, ignoring the back and forth to get back to the core.... without that flag on the hit the drives over. It was far from a free pass, it was an extra play at midfield in a 1 score game in the 4th. I think most coaches would advise their teams to avoid that even in an offsetting scenario.

No bro! The NFL has been sending a message for years that the next time JJ Watt gets held, Whitney Mercilus should go for the QB’s knees in the pocket 10 seconds after the play! 

Edited by BringBackOrton

Should be no fine right?  Just part of football.  Earl Thomas turned his shoulder slightly when making the hit.

Any time a defensive player chooses to make a high hit and misses resulting in helmet to helmet first contact he should face stiff punishment.  Whether Jones or Earl Thomas.  Thomas wasn't trying to tackle Rudolph