Jonathan Jones NOT fined for his hit on Allen

Herc11
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Listen up!

Keep it moderately clean, folks.  When I edit I'm way less creative than y'all are capable of without getting crude.

Damned if I want to toss any Bills fans on game day for righteous upset about league inconsistency and perceived favoring Pats.

But I also don't want to spend game day baby-sitting this topical relevant thread

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, and neither do penalties when they can be offset by a guy on the opposite team with a handful of jersey.

Fundamentally, what the league just said is that if you see the refs throwing laundry, launch a free hit at any runner's helmet.  Knock him out but try flashing your shoulder at the last minute, and you're good.  Riveron says so.

Personal foul penalties have been offsettable for years. If the offense holds, you could  target and hit the QB late in the backfield, but then you wouldn’t get the yardage. 

Isn’t this really just childish outrage because Josh got a boo boo?

1 hour ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Holding on offense, unnecessary roughness on defense.  Penalties offset.  3rd and 10.  Barkley came in and threw a 30 yard dime to Brown against a heavy blitz, in which Gilmore interfered with Brown.  But Brown made a fantastic one handed catch regardless.

Well if you want personal fouls to count, don’t hold, right? 

You know that’s how all fouls work right? Roughing the kicker, roughing the passer, unnecessary roughness, will all offset a holding penalty. This has been the rule in the NFL for years. I wonder what’s changed to make y’all so ornery.

7 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Isn’t this really just childish outrage because Josh got a boo boo?

No, it is anger at watching our QB take a deliberate shot to the head and watching the league, whose mantra has been curbing unneccessary hits to the head, do nothing.

• Like (+1) 3

I mean if this took place 20 years ago not a big deal at all really.  Jimbo even took some rougher hits than that.

But yeah as everyone alluded too you can't tell us if that was Brady on the receiving end of that there'd be no league repercussions.  

Edited by Another Fan

11 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Is there a soul alive who believes that if it was Tom Brady getting speared in the head,  that this would be the ruling?

That's one of the worst helmet to helmet hits I've seen.

Wow...

If that was Brady they would have taken our guy out of the stadium in handcuffs

8 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

No, it is anger at watching our QB take a deliberate shot to the head and watching the league, whose mantra has been curbing unneccessary hits to the head, do nothing.

By “do nothing,” you mean call a penalty which negated offensive holding which would have resulted in an injury and a 3rd and 20?

“Do nothing” is flat out untrue and a clear sign of the cognitive dissonance in this thread.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

By “do nothing,” you mean call a penalty which negated offensive holding which would have resulted in an injury and a 3rd and 20?

“Do nothing” is flat out untrue and a clear sign of the cognitive dissonance in this thread.

The league didn't do that, the officials during the game did that. If you can't understand the distinction in the discussion, then, perhaps, you should explore your own cognitive dissonance. 

Of course, it would all be a moot point if we had a QB who played like your idol:

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, klos63 said:

Take off the Buffalo colored glasses and you will see that's exactly what happened. It wasn't a dirty hit.

Yes , I guess his intent was to just tackle Josh so at the end of the play when Josh was laying on the ground injured & he was standing over Josh gloating he must had actually been saying a pray for Josh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

The league didn't do that, the officials during the game did that. If you can't understand the distinction in the discussion, then, perhaps, you should explore your own cognitive dissonance. 

Of course, it would all be a moot point if we had a QB who played like your idol:

Right, the league doesn’t tell the officials what penalties to call or what the rules are, I guess I forgot. There’s no dissonance there!

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Right, the league doesn’t tell the officials what penalties to call or what the rules are, I guess I forgot. There’s no dissonance there!

And the officials do not hand out fines - which happens to be the TOPIC in the thread you are responding to. Are you being deliberately obtuse or is it your natural state of cognition?

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

And the officials do not hand out fines - which happens to be the TOPIC in the thread you are responding to. Are you being deliberately obtuse or is it your natural state of cognition?

Why would you care about a fine more than a penalty? Would you rather it not get called a penalty on the field and Jones to have gotten a fine? Which scenario affects the product on the field more?

15 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Yes , I guess his intent was to just tackle Josh so at the end of the play when Josh was laying on the ground injured & he was standing over Josh gloating he must had actually been saying a pray for Josh.

Kinda makes the whole story about not wanting to hurt anybody fall on it's face!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Didn't matter regarding Tuck rule they made up for Br*dy either.

Take off the New England colored glasses and you will see if it was a deliberate hit.

Did you cash Kraft's check yet?

Is this supposed to be a clever response?

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Why would you care about a fine more than a penalty? Would you rather it not get called a penalty on the field and Jones to have gotten a fine? Which scenario affects the product on the field more?

I would rather the league be consistent in its message and desire to protect all players.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand. You are in a thread about the league's position on protecting players and the role of fines or suspensions - yet you seem so oblivious to to the actual topic matter in a thread you are choosing to participate in.

SMDH....

3 hours ago, mjpbills said:

If the hit was on Marsha there would have been an ejection and a fine

Marsha? Seriously?

19 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

No his intent was to hurt him, because everyone is against Buffalo. Why does the NFL hate us so much. Wah wah wah.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I would rather the league be consistent in its message and desire to protect all players.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand. You are in a thread about the league's position on protecting players and the role of fines or suspensions - yet you seem so oblivious to to the actual topic matter in a thread you are choosing to participate in.

SMDH....

I have read all the threads on this topic. You all pretend like a penalty wasn’t assessed on the field so you can shake your fist at the sky and say the league hates Buffalo and hates Josh Allen and wants him to die on the field.

more power to y’all. 

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

I have read all the threads on this topic. You all pretend like a penalty wasn’t assessed on the field so you can shake your fist at the sky and say the league hates Buffalo and hates Josh Allen and wants him to die on the field.

more power to y’all. 

Your assessment of posts by the vast majority of Bills fans on this topic is as flawed as your assessment of the actual play on the field.

Not surprising.

12 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Your assessment of posts by the vast majority of Bills fans on this topic is as flawed as your assessment of the actual play on the field.

Not surprising.

It was a helmet to helmet hit and penalty, called correctly on the field. Not sure what else there is to assess.