Duke signed to active roster

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

I would say he’s more like Dez Bryant in that he’s not very fast but he’s a hands catcher that should fight for the ball in traffic...

Didn't Dez drop quite a bit? I feel like Anquan Boldin is the closet to who he may resemble.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Margarita said:

geesh heaven forbid folks actually post comments of interest on a Bills Message board if you don't like the topic why click on the thread...@-@ 

Look up the words incessant and redundant, then maybe you'll understand my point.

16 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Look up the words incessant and redundant, then maybe you'll understand my point.

I bristle at chat police (its not my job,  above my pay grade haha) I don't tend to be that reactive to what people post otherwise it doesn't bother me. my original thought stands. we all want what's best for the team is the way I read it. To each his own. GO BILLS

Edited by Margarita
  • Like (+1) 1

Congrats to Duke for working and grinding and blocking during preseason and then continuing to do so on the practice squad. Didn't look great in training camp, but when the pads went on and the hitting began, it was game on. There are speed guys, finesse guys and human joysticks.  He is none of those. He's a physical guy. A (dirty word on the modern NFL, but I'm gonna say it) "possession" receiver.  Props to the scouting staff for finding an off the radar, left field pickup.  Now he gets his much delayed chance in the real NFL. Will he succeed? No clue, but I'm an optimist who loves a good underdog story.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

If they want to shop Zay I don’t think they would inactivate him- Foster more likely?

i've been wanting to see foster opposite brown. it may have been done but maybe it's foster not getting many targets and/or josh not going to him or being inaccurate. i hope all that changes. they can go deep on the titans and i hope they do.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jwhit34 said:

My prediction is that one of three things happens with Duke:

1. He takes snaps away from Foster, not Zay Jones

2. He gets less than 15 plays total (less than 20% of snaps)

3. He is inactive tomorrow

As a result the posters here at TBD have a collective nuclear meltdown. 

They have six WR on the active roster. It makes zero sense to add a seventh and then not activate him. They brought him up to play him. In practice he has been on the first team special teams for the first week. He is going to play.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

They have six WR on the active roster. It makes zero sense to add a seventh and then not activate him. They brought him up to play him. In practice he has been on the first team special teams for the first week. He is going to play.

He was doing yeomens work as a gunner during preseason, no?

Prayers have been answered. All aboard the hype train, I may even pick up Duke in my fantasy league. 

Zay played himself into this situation and who the hell knows what's going on with Foster. This had to be done. Bet Duke catches a TD in the first half.

2 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

Zay is the only reason the masses haven't turned on Foster yet. Foster was a nice story, but I'd much rather see more Duke and McKenzie than Zay or Foster at this point. Brown-Beasley-Duke-McKenzie, that's a pretty nice group.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

Foster is a bit banged up...went from full to limited on the injury report Friday...wouldn't surprise me to see Foster on the inactive list Sunday...I can see his snap count being dependent on 1- how often they enter red zone, 2 - whether or not a message is being sent to Zay

• Like (+1) 1