Duke signed to active roster

46 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Yea but someone has to suffer the reason why Duke was brought up.

We don't know yet how they plan to use Duke.  Maybe he'll be blocking on ST and blocking on offense.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but it's not clear to me they're kicking Zay to the curb and plugging Williams into his role.  Maybe they are, and maybe they aren't.  Looking at the injury report and the snap counts, I'm thinking they're trying to fill in for Foster to let his groin have 2 weeks of game rest to heal.

• Like (+1) 2

Every QB needs a receiver that will bail him out once in while.  Josh hasn't had that...until now.  You watch other teams and there are plays where the throw is not perfect, yet the WR fights and makes a grab.  Not here, not yet anyway.  Duke looks like he could fill that void, and give Allen a clutch target.  Really hoping he can step into that role, and very excited to see him play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's impossible to imagine, for me, with six WR already on the roster, that they would add him and then not activate him tomorrow. So either Zay, Foster or McKenzie is likely inactive. I hope it's Zay. We don't know if Foster is 100% although he has been practicing.

Foster is listed as FP Weds, FP Thurs then LP Friday.

It's usually not a good sign when a guy's participation drops during the week.  I'm guessing it will be Foster who is the (unhealthy - groin injury) scratch.

I'm thinking it's more Foster's role Duke is being called up to fill, and more on ST than on the offense although hopefully we'll see him on offense too.

5 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Every QB needs a receiver that will bail him out once in while.  Josh hasn't had that...until now.  You watch other teams and there are plays where the throw is not perfect, yet the WR fights and makes a grab.  Not here, not yet anyway.  Duke looks like he could fill that void, and give Allen a clutch target.  Really hoping he can step into that role, and very excited to see him play.

Brown has made some outstanding grabs.  Not to denigrate Duke in any way but give JB his propers.

• Like (+1) 2

There was a short video of HC McD working with the WR group this week (which I can't find now.)  One by one a player would enter the picture and run an out route to the sideline.  Then Duke entered the picture.  I know he's not huge at 6'3", 228lbs but it was almost like a Jurassic Park movie when you are watching the velociraptors running around and the T-Rex suddenly shows up.  He definitely has a body type that was missing in the WR group.  He was also the only one to make the catch, quickly stop and turn up the sideline.  Since McD was lined up playing defender, I wondered at the time if these things made any impression on him.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Dopey said:

But it's a Duke thread. There's plenty of other Zay bashing threads. Even some that were hijacked, like this one will be.

Or won't be.  Things happen sometimes.

2 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

There was a short video of HC McD working with the WR group this week (which I can't find now.)  One by one a player would enter the picture and run an out route to the sideline.  Then Duke entered the picture.  I know he's not huge at 6'3", 228lbs but it was almost like a Jurassic Park movie when you are watching the velociraptors running around and the T-Rex suddenly shows up.  He definitely has a body type that was missing in the WR group.  He was also the only one to make the catch, quickly stop and turn up the sideline.  Since McD was lined up playing defender, I wondered at the time if these things made any impression on him.

McDermott made it pretty clear in his presser that he was not happy with how some passes were not contested for.  It was commented on Twitter that he was paying close attention to the WR drills this week.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, One Buffalo said:

Ok with this report once inactive list is out and Duke is not on it. He will be my value WR Sunday in my FanDuel. I am sure going to only count 4K against my cap allowing to get better elsewhere. 

just checked 4500. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Just tweeted

"There was much rejoicing throughout the land." .... Good for him, he's had an interesting journey. Guys that earn it the way he has seem to give a bit extra and appreciate it a bit more. I hope he does well.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, CSBill said:

"There was much rejoicing throughout the land." .... Good for him, he's had an interesting journey. Guys that earn it the way he has seem to give a bit extra and appreciate it a bit more. I hope he does well.

...knowing Dabumble, "welcome to the sideline son"....stay tuned.................

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok with this report once inactive list is out and Duke is not on it. He will be my value WR Sunday in my FanDuel. I am sure going to only count 4K against my cap allowing to get better elsewhere 

Dukes stat line prediction vs the Titans:

17 rec, 241 yards, 5 TD’s

Josh Allen stat line prediction vs the Titans.

17-23, 241 yards, 5 TD’s

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

You see someone who's young and talented and you see them screw up because they do not know what they do not know.   And it's not that they are bad or are fundamentally flawed as human beings.  They just don't know how the world works yet and what might actually be on the line in a particular moment.  And what they don't know is that their talent and effort doesn't guarantee them limitless opportunities.  

So, enter Duke Williams, who has by all accounts done everything he could do in the CFL and this off season to earn another shot at the NFL and I, like many others, can't help but want to see him succeed.  We know it will mean more to him and those closest to him than most others because when you think you have squandered your last, best chance, it may seem like another may never come.  Hell yeah we think he'll fight for the ball or give maximum effort to make an impactful block or tackle.  It's American mythology.  The Roy Hobbs story of redemption.  If he does anything tomorrow to help them, win or lose, it will not go unnoticed.

Love the Roy Hobbs reference, quite apropos. Let's hope he plays like Roy.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...NOT....Dabumble gives him at most two plays....he gets beyond his scripted "first fifteen" and then mumbles, stumbles, bumbles, fumbles to adjust.......sure many differ, but just my opinion.....

My concern is how is Daboll going to use him.

I have a lot of questions about Daboll's decision making.

Like Lee Smith running a deep route on 3rd dn in 4th qt when game was still in reach.  Allen looking great running no huddle first drive in game #1 then NEVER seeing it again.

I could go on and on.

Daboll is my one big doubt with this team, I am still hoping he proves me wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...knowing Dabumble, "welcome to the sideline son"....stay tuned.................

Knock it off. Your campaign was tiresome hours ago.

56 minutes ago, Dopey said:

But it's a Duke thread. There's plenty of other Zay bashing threads. Even some that were hijacked, like this one will be.

Well you’re well on your way to it. Is that your motivation?

• Haha (+1) 1