Duke signed to active roster

8 minutes ago, The Dean said:

What does that have to co with the CFL?

I'm fine with Duke being on the roster and takin snaps from/replacing Zay. But how either would perform in the CFL is simply not in the equation. 

When you have two “ like” things ( receivers)

it can be interesting to compare them.

Sometimes, you can even make believe and take a little flight of imagination in the process. You should try it sometime ?

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

When you have two “ like” things ( receivers)

it can be interesting to compare them.

Sometimes, you can even make believe and take a little flight of imagination in the process. You should try it sometime ?

I didn't say it wasn't "comparable". ANY two things are comparable.

I just don't think Zay's imaginary CFL stats make one bit of difference. Like I said, I'm all in with Duke being called up.

This gives Josh a little different kind of target.  It's not going to make a huge difference.  I figure he'll be good for a catch or two per game.  If this offense is going to become explosive, it has to come from Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

You see someone who's young and talented and you see them screw up because they do not know what they do not know.   And it's not that they are bad or are fundamentally flawed as human beings.  They just don't know how the world works yet and what might actually be on the line in a particular moment.  And what they don't know is that their talent and effort doesn't guarantee them limitless opportunities.  

So, enter Duke Williams, who has by all accounts done everything he could do in the CFL and this off season to earn another shot at the NFL and I, like many others, can't help but want to see him succeed.  We know it will mean more to him and those closest to him than most others because when you think you have squandered your last, best chance, it may seem like another may never come.  Hell yeah we think he'll fight for the ball or give maximum effort to make an impactful block or tackle.  It's American mythology.  The Roy Hobbs story of redemption.  If he does anything tomorrow to help them, win or lose, it will not go unnoticed.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

This gives Josh a little different kind of target.  It's not going to make a huge difference.  I figure he'll be good for a catch or two per game.  If this offense is going to become explosive, it has to come from Josh.

A catch or two last week would have made a huge difference.  Just the Zay drop in the endzone alone is the difference between a win and a loss.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

A catch or two last week would have made a huge difference.  Just the Zay drop in the endzone alone is the difference between a win and a loss.

If I had a nickel for every time that was true.. smh

• Like (+1) 1