Duke signed to active roster

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

We'll find out. My opinion is that anything Williams can do, one of the tight ends can do. I like that he's getting a shot; why not? It's not like the back end of the receiving unit has any standouts. Just don't have any real expectations.

TE's have different responsibilities, and we're light on TE's who can receive or who have shown they are capable of Duke has shown. Knox is the only one maybe can do it.  We have Croft who is a major unknown and Lee Smith who can't catch much

Not sure I see how TE's trump Duke here

18 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

It'll be good to get some real evidence to support the ranting people have been doing on either side of this issue on the board. 

Who cares about ranting or evidence to support it ? There has been a deficiency at WR, and there still is after the newly added wideouts. The coaches made a move to see if they could get an increase in production at the position. It will be good if they are able to find it by trying a different player. Otherwise the only chance for improvement is the trade market, and the deadline looms a few weeks out. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I don't think you see much at all. But he was a second round pick, he had a great college career, he caught seven touchdowns last year, he can block. I wouldn't do it but some may.

...a very fair assessment bud....sure East Carolina competition is perhaps suspect, but the kid did catch 160 balls......if we equate collegiate competition as the sole judgment, how do guys like Jerry Rice (Mississippi Valley State), Don Beebe (Chadron State), Andre Reed (Kutztown State), FredEx (Coe College) etc get acclimated to the NFL level and make it a career?....what plagues this kid?.....OR...is the TBD hatred over the top?...

2 minutes ago, Ta111 said:

Why were you unimpressed? He made probably the best 2 catches in the preseason.

He did. Before that, slow, drops, lack of seperation and effort on some plays.Given the buildup here, I expected more. But my mind is wide open.  I'm rooting for him.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Why would anyone (except for other CFL teams and fans) care? 

I wish Duke luck.  While I was fairly unimpressed with him in preseason,  regular season is a different animal. Hopefully he steps up.

As to who is inactive in the event Duke plays  I hope it isn't McKenzie.

Because Zay seems to have entered “ Dead weight” territory on my team. Dead weight serves no purpose but to slow my team down...... so there’s that?

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Big C said:

How excited is everyone?

...NOT....Dabumble gives him at most two plays....he gets beyond his scripted "first fifteen" and then mumbles, stumbles, bumbles, fumbles to adjust.......sure many differ, but just my opinion.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Because Zay seems to have entered “ Dead weight” territory on my team. Dead weight serves no purpose but to slow my team down...... so there’s that?

What does that have to co with the CFL?

I'm fine with Duke being on the roster and takin snaps from/replacing Zay. But how either would perform in the CFL is simply not in the equation. 

• Like (+1) 1

That's all well and good that Duke is looking forward to making contact and being physical.  He needs to catch, and hold onto the ball during contact; I'd imagine he's not exactly Michael Irvin at this point.  IMO, Zay does have some value in the shorter routes; Daboll was inexplicably using him on longer routes, and most likely just outsmarting himself like he tends to do.

Hoping for the best with Duke.

Honestly, how many people just Rewatched his YouTube highlights? The man can catch. look at last yrs Winnepeg game. All I saw was JA throwing to the right, while running to the left, and Duke catching everything. Great blocker. Over the middle/ red zone demon. Hope he plays up to the talent level increase.