Duke signed to active roster

If he can make contested catches down the field he could find a place on the offense.  The other things are a most.  Teams, blocking, but adding a poor man Alshon Jeffery deep threat may help Allen stretch the field.  Being able to underthrow it and having a guy go get it could be a big difference.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

If they are trying to phase Zay out and maybe trade him for a low draft pick it's probably not good to make him inactive. But that is a lot of conjecture. It's what I would do but McDermott and Beane have their quirks. 

...so if you're an opposing other 31 GM, what in his skill set attracts you to give up any pick?.....you'll have to be objective and ignore his "TBD whipping boy status"......just curious bud...

27 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Or ends. We'll see. Would love to see the guy have a big day. Just don't see that skillset translating to the NFL.

A tall WR who can out muscle CB's and has shown the ability to make that contested catch.

He is not a speed burner, His job is to fight and attack the ball in traffic. He has shown he is pretty good at that, and it is the biggest missing attribute we have in our WR corps.

He will be utilized much differently then Zay IMO

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so if you're an opposing other 31 GM, what in his skill set attracts you to give up any pick?.....you'll have to be objective and ignore his "TBD whipping boy status"......just curious bud...

I don't think you see much at all. But he was a second round pick, he had a great college career, he caught seven touchdowns last year, he can block. I wouldn't do it but some may.

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

A tall WR who can out muscle CB's and has shown the ability to make that contested catch.

He is not a speed burner, His job is to fight and attack the ball in traffic. He has shown he is pretty good at that, and it is the biggest missing attribute we have in our WR corps.

He will be utilized much differently then Zay IMO

We'll find out. My opinion is that anything Williams can do, one of the tight ends can do. I like that he's getting a shot; why not? It's not like the back end of the receiving unit has any standouts. Just don't have any real expectations.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Who thinks Zay puts these numbers up in the CFL? 

Why would anyone (except for other CFL teams and fans) care? 

I wish Duke luck.  While I was fairly unimpressed with him in preseason,  regular season is a different animal. Hopefully he steps up.

As to who is inactive in the event Duke plays  I hope it isn't McKenzie.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Dean said:

Why would anyone (except for other CFL teams and fans) care? 

I wish Duke luck.  While I was fairly unimpressed with him in preseason,  regular season is a different animal. Hopefully he steps up.

As to who is inactive in the event Duke plays  I hope it isn't McKenzie.

Why were you unimpressed? He made probably the best 2 catches in the preseason.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

We'll find out. My opinion is that anything Williams can do, one of the tight ends can do. I like that he's getting a shot; why not? It's not like the back end of the receiving unit has any standouts. Just don't have any real expectations.

that's what they're going for, a team full of athletic TE's that can catch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1