Am I a true Bills fan?

Ga boy

15 hours ago, Ga boy said:

So last Sunday, I go to DC with my wife for an cultural fest.  Hang out with her til 12:45.  Go to nearest sports bar which turns out to be adopted by Pats fans.  Outnumbered 200-1 (later when we score TD, I find 2 of my kind).  People were nice enough.  No buffalo wings there, just something called buffalo chicken flat bread.  Tasty, had to eat with fork.  I must admit I was a little annoyed with the adulation of Brady-Belichek.  Dynamic duo shirts.  Yuck.  GOAT shirts.  Yuck.   I was thinking of leaving if Pats go up 20-3.  I'm glad I stayed.  That crowd became real nervous in 2nd half.  They were dumb struck.  I savored it.  But my take-away was that they were fans just like me.  Pretty good folks.  A week later, I'm wondering if I'm a true Bills fan??  Go Bills!!  

You are a Bills fan if you stick to watching the game till the last play even when you have no chance of winning. 

I am Bills fan because I stay up at 11:30 PM to watch the game live for 3 hours after that and go to bed at 3 AM....no matter what the score is. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MyDogLuvsPB said:

I would've left.  A bar is a social gathering where you're supposed to enjoy yourself. 

I was out of town for the Pats game and left a Bills Backers Bar at halftime because of an overly obnoxious Pats fan the staff there wouldn't do anything about (she'd just glance his way, roll her eyes, then avoid our section to not have to deal with him).  There were other Pats fan there who would politely cheer for their team but otherwise seemed to know their place, but this one guy was just over the top and was clearly just there to troll Bills fans.  He was even harassing another guy there who was distraught over his father in law just recently dying in his arms (thankfully resuscitated after), as well as badgering him for eating vegetables?

I was sat at the bar amongst several other Bills fans, and this tool went out of his way to stand right amongst us despite there being available seats, and then eagerly jumping in the seat of one of them right beside me who had to leave early to tend to family matters.  He wasn't wearing Pats gear but would intentionally VERY loudly cheer Pats plays (louder than anyone else in the bar for either side), and would oddly B word constantly about how much he hates Brady.  But it was clearly meant to provoke us like "GOD I hate Brady, he's good looking, has a hot wife, he's the greatest of all time, AND HAS SIX RINGS.  And he's going to have SEVEN RINGS I mean who could like that guy?".  I did manage to settle him down for a minute when he did the typical Pats fan "nah that's clearly not grounding cuz X" and I corrected him on the rule, which he tried to snarl back with "thanks BUDDY, but I know the rules" to which the other Bills fans backed me up on and made him settle down for a bit.  But then he eventually got his courage back and again started loudly boasting about how when he was younger, he knew someone would "swing at him", but now that times have changed and he's older he doesn't have to worry about that anymore so he can do what he wants.  More eye rolling from the bartender was the last straw for me so when halftime hit, I went and paid my tab and implied to her I was leaving because she wouldn't do anything about this guy.

For what it's worth, I have chronic anxiety issues and wasn't about to prove him wrong about nobody swinging at him, as tempting as it was (which was clearly his goal).  I don't care if this makes me look like a wuss, I was out of town and worn out from a long couple days, didn't feel like putting up with him any longer 

18 hours ago, Ga boy said:

So last Sunday, I go to DC with my wife for an cultural fest.  Hang out with her til 12:45.  Go to nearest sports bar which turns out to be adopted by Pats fans.  Outnumbered 200-1 (later when we score TD, I find 2 of my kind).  People were nice enough.  No buffalo wings there, just something called buffalo chicken flat bread.  Tasty, had to eat with fork.  I must admit I was a little annoyed with the adulation of Brady-Belichek.  Dynamic duo shirts.  Yuck.  GOAT shirts.  Yuck.   I was thinking of leaving if Pats go up 20-3.  I'm glad I stayed.  That crowd became real nervous in 2nd half.  They were dumb struck.  I savored it.  But my take-away was that they were fans just like me.  Pretty good folks.  A week later, I'm wondering if I'm a true Bills fan??  Go Bills!!  

From my experience that can very nearly happen at the stadium while playing the Pats! Bandwagon fans all over! Probably why the league doesn’t want the Brady dynasty to end. I’d say your good!?

• Like (+1) 1