Am I a true Bills fan?

Ga boy

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

So last Sunday, I go to DC with my wife for an cultural fest.  Hang out with her til 12:45.  Go to nearest sports bar which turns out to be adopted by Pats fans.  Outnumbered 200-1 (later when we score TD, I find 2 of my kind).  People were nice enough.  No buffalo wings there, just something called buffalo chicken flat bread.  Tasty, had to eat with fork.  I must admit I was a little annoyed with the adulation of Brady-Belichek.  Dynamic duo shirts.  Yuck.  GOAT shirts.  Yuck.   I was thinking of leaving if Pats go up 20-3.  I'm glad I stayed.  That crowd became real nervous in 2nd half.  They were dumb struck.  I savored it.  But my take-away was that they were fans just like me.  Pretty good folks.  A week later, I'm wondering if I'm a true Bills fan??  Go Bills!!  

....good show and story bro....thanks for sharing......:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The Pat fan thing is meaningless, but this is HIGHLY suspect. A real Bills fan is watching that game til the bitter end.

In defense of the OP, I wouldn’t wanna stay in a patriots* bar if we were getting walloped either. The fact he went to a patriots bar in the first place is a baller move.

Having said that, the only time I remember leaving a sports bar early is the Baltimore game last year when Nate Peterman was at the helm.  Oddly enough, I happened to be in a Baltimore ravens bar. 

5 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

In defense of the OP, I wouldn’t wanna stay in a patriots* bar if we were getting walloped either. The fact he went to a patriots bar in the first place is a baller move.

Having said that, the only time I remember leaving a sports bar early is the Baltimore game last year when Nate Peterman was at the helm.  Oddly enough, I happened to be in a Baltimore ravens bar. 

Fair enough, but I'm the kind of guy who would have stayed in that Pats bar just to let them know I wasn't going anywhere or letting the score or even the result deter me. At the end of the day, this is all entertainment. I just have that petty quality that won't allow me to walk away defeated(Even though I really have nothing to do with the team.) I do consider resilience part of being a Bills fan, so there's that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ga boy said:

So last Sunday, I go to DC with my wife for an cultural fest.  Hang out with her til 12:45.  Go to nearest sports bar which turns out to be adopted by Pats fans.  Outnumbered 200-1 (later when we score TD, I find 2 of my kind).  People were nice enough.  No buffalo wings there, just something called buffalo chicken flat bread.  Tasty, had to eat with fork.  I must admit I was a little annoyed with the adulation of Brady-Belichek.  Dynamic duo shirts.  Yuck.  GOAT shirts.  Yuck.   I was thinking of leaving if Pats go up 20-3.  I'm glad I stayed.  That crowd became real nervous in 2nd half.  They were dumb struck.  I savored it.  But my take-away was that they were fans just like me.  Pretty good folks.  A week later, I'm wondering if I'm a true Bills fan??  Go Bills!!  

Show me on the doll where they touched you........

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chill said:

Not sure. Usually if you have to ask... What happened In the 2nd half that was so shocking they were dumb struck? They were up 6 and in control all game. 

John Brown was one yard away from going ahead.  Tom Brady looked like a beaten Eli Manning.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Ga boy said:

Other fans are people too. Dont sweat it.

Hey TBD colleagues:  I don't often post, so I found this amusing.  I see why yall do it especially those who are good at it.  Since it has been easy to be annoyed by the evil empire, I had this opportunity to be on the "inside".  Nice folks but not my folks.  I know I'm still a true Bills fan even though my opinion of them is altered.  The table is about to turn, and I'll definitely return to my table there when it does.  Go Bills!!  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ga boy said:

If you go to DC again try Jimmy's Old Time Tavern in Herndon Va.  A Bills bar with wings and beef on weck.

9 hours ago, Ga boy said:

Back in August I stayed in RI with a guy who I used to work with.  He and his wife became pretty good family friends.  We (me and family) stayed with them 3 nights.  He's a rare breed - really has been a Pats fan for 40 odd years.  Remembers when they were the "Patsies" and beaten up by the Bills on a regular basis in the late '80s/early '90s.

Every morning, I came down and picked a mug for my coffee out of a cabinet full of Patriots-themed mugs.  Naturally I would never drink a drop of coffee out of a Patriots mug even if the alternative were my cupped hands or (gasp!) no coffee.  Yet I failed to drop/damage a single mug; neither did  I pull out the stepladder and seclude all the Patriots mugs on the highest shelf of the cabinet over the fridge where they truly belonged.

I'm wondering if I'm a true Bills fan?*****  Go Bills!!!

*****just kidding.  I know I'm a true Bills fan, just not a jerkwad of a guest.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Back in August I stayed in RI with a guy who I used to work with.  He and his wife became pretty good family friends.  We (me and family) stayed with them 3 nights.  He's a rare breed - really has been a Pats fan for 40 odd years.  Remembers when they were the "Patsies" and beaten up by the Bills on a regular basis in the late '80s/early '90s.

Every morning, I came down and picked a mug for my coffee out of a cabinet full of Patriots-themed mugs.  Naturally I would never drink a drop of coffee out of a Patriots mug even if the alternative were my cupped hands or (gasp!) no coffee.  Yet I failed to drop/damage a single mug; neither did  I pull out the stepladder and seclude all the Patriots mugs on the highest shelf of the cabinet over the fridge where they truly belonged.

I'm wondering if I'm a true Bills fan?*****  Go Bills!!!

*****just kidding.  I know I'm a true Bills fan, just not a jerkwad of a guest.

Jerkwad of a guest. ? 

Won’t drink coffee out of a Patsies mug.        Double ? 

I hate their team and their fans. But when I see them in our stadium, im not going to be an ass to them. They paid for their ticket just like I did. The other 364 days a year, I want to scream in their face, and ask how can you sit there and keep thinking your entitled to more championships. But when I see them in person, I mind my own business....

You are a true Bills fan and you have nothing to worry about.  I once had a roommate who was a Pats fan and I prefer my wings dipped in ranch over blue cheese and yet I still consider myself a true Bills fan.  Don't care what anyone else tells me.

• Thank you (+1) 1