Am I a true Bills fan?

Ga boy

So last Sunday, I go to DC with my wife for an cultural fest.  Hang out with her til 12:45.  Go to nearest sports bar which turns out to be adopted by Pats fans.  Outnumbered 200-1 (later when we score TD, I find 2 of my kind).  People were nice enough.  No buffalo wings there, just something called buffalo chicken flat bread.  Tasty, had to eat with fork.  I must admit I was a little annoyed with the adulation of Brady-Belichek.  Dynamic duo shirts.  Yuck.  GOAT shirts.  Yuck.   I was thinking of leaving if Pats go up 20-3.  I'm glad I stayed.  That crowd became real nervous in 2nd half.  They were dumb struck.  I savored it.  But my take-away was that they were fans just like me.  Pretty good folks.  A week later, I'm wondering if I'm a true Bills fan??  Go Bills!!  

• Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

So last Sunday, I go to DC with my wife for an cultural fest.  Hang out with her til 12:45.  Go to nearest sports bar which turns out to be adopted by Pats fans.  Outnumbered 200-1 (later when we score TD, I find 2 of my kind).  People were nice enough.  No buffalo wings there, just something called buffalo chicken flat bread.  Tasty, had to eat with fork.  I must admit I was a little annoyed with the adulation of Brady-Belichek.  Dynamic duo shirts.  Yuck.  GOAT shirts.  Yuck.   I was thinking of leaving if Pats go up 20-3.  I'm glad I stayed.  That crowd became real nervous in 2nd half.  They were dumb struck.  I savored it.  But my take-away was that they were fans just like me.  Pretty good folks.  A week later, I'm wondering if I'm a true Bills fan??  Go Bills!!  

Heaven forbid you should hang out with a group of Patriots fans.   I mean people are people....  It didn't sound like anybody there was messing with you 

I don't know the reason you posted but I hope it wasn't because you're insecure about your fan hood 

Edited by Another Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I’d have to say no. Pats fans are highly suspect  humans, and hanging around them for more than a forced moment or two is troubling.  Anyone not born and raised in BOS that openly roots for that team has major character flaws and should not be trusted. The coach and players are totally unlikable personalities. A true Bills fan would have left immediately and found a more suitable venue, preferably one filled with normal fans, most of whom despise the Pats* and realize they are the worst thing that ever happened to the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

what is a True Bills fan?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He hung around with and watched a Bills game in a venue full of Pats* fans. 

I fail to see the issue here. So if you go to an away game shoud you question your fanhood. To me your fanhood is strengthened when you can stand strong in the midst of the enemy and root our beloved team on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

I fail to see the issue here. So if you go to an away game shoud you question your fanhood. To me your fanhood is strengthened when you can stand strong in the midst of the enemy and root our beloved team on.

Yeah it sounded like he was just looking for a place at the last minute and stumbled upon this bar.  How was he supposed to know it'd be all Patriots fans? 

14 minutes ago, StHustle said:

An away game is a different animal. No issue there, though going to NE for a game still questionable. Hanging around in a bar not even in the NE area occupied by such heathens ? Not a chance , and a huge issue. Why hang around with folks of suspect character and backbone? The company you keep.....

15 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah it sounded like he was just looking for a place at the last minute and stumbled upon this bar.  How was he supposed to know it'd be all Patriots fans? 

Couldn’t have known, once the landscape was surveyed should have moved on to a place with better clientele. 

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

Did you let ranch dressing touch any part of the buffalo like chicken on the flat bread? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

Last week I attended a billsbackers bar and found seats at a long table where the very nice Bills fan young lady informed us we were saving seats for her Pats fan friends...they were promptly booed coming into the venue but having said that they knew they were in enemy territory and were civil and were good natured to the smack banter and even laughed at some of the pats and Brady memes I showed them off my phone haha … and one of the guys was coast guard so I thanked him for his service keeping it classy but I also will say all they seemed to care about was the vegas line and wether they'd cover  …..I think the Bills fans actively "hate" on the pats but their smack  falls back back on the lazy reply of we losing 4 super bowls which makes me hate them even more LOL  it just confirms to me theyre team is dynasty but their fanbase is overall super spoiled and weak.

Edited by Margarita
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

Did you kick anyone's a$$? If yes, we welcome you, my brother! :beer:

(If not, GTFO, Brady bootlicker...) :bag:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1