Beane at Iowa / Michigan

MAJBobby

9 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I honestly believe these trips are to scout players in the mid to low rounds and possible UDFA's. The top guys don't need much in-person evaluation (with the exception of QB), though they get it as well. 

Meh. The GM is looking at higher end prospects as he lives and does on those picks 

My guess is that Beane is looking to draft a DE in the first next year. If he was at Iowa, I’m sure Espensa was at the top of his watch list. If he was at the Penn State game, Yetur Gross-Matos is a stud and could be there in the 20’s. Dang it...I was hoping for one of these stud WRs but this is certainly trending towards DE being on the top of their list...

27 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

My guess is that Beane is looking to draft a DE in the first next year. If he was at Iowa, I’m sure Espensa was at the top of his watch list. If he was at the Penn State game, Yetur Gross-Matos is a stud and could be there in the 20’s. Dang it...I was hoping for one of these stud WRs but this is certainly trending towards DE being on the top of their list...

I'm sure Beane is looking at everything.

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Not surprised with WR still a need Michigan has 3 WRs that will play on Sunday in Black, Collins, and Peoples Jones  just have a qb that can’t get them the ball and of course Iowa has Mr Espinosa  

Not to mention that GMs always pay attention to Iowa TEs and linemen. 

If he managed to stay and watch the whole of that crapfest more power to him.

God Michigan stink. It is unwatchable football.  

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I'm sure Beane is looking at everything.

Yes. At this time of year they are just watching players regardless of position. 

I was at the Big House yesterday.  Didn't see many players I'd want from either team.  

Michigan's WR's were big recruits, but they haven't done anything.  Black can't stay healthy.  Peoples-Jones has trouble with health and disappears in games.  It's hard to tell, because Shea Patterson has been pretty terrible, but the receivers haven't really developed.  

• 2 weeks later...