Beane at Iowa / Michigan

MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Damn i always forget the work that goes into scouting. We’ll out here in the thick of the season and it hadnt even crossed my mind that gms are out and about collecting intel. 

yeah scouts are all over. I just watch twitter for Where Beane is at though. The GM going to a game is interesting to me more so than just the scouts 

it was the Penn St / Maryland game last week.

Edited by MAJBobby

I honestly believe these trips are to scout players in the mid to low rounds and possible UDFA's. The top guys don't need much in-person evaluation (with the exception of QB), though they get it as well. 

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

yeah scouts are all over. I just watch twitter for Where Beane is at though. The GM going to a game is interesting to me more so than just the scouts 

it was the Penn St / Maryland game last week.

Psu has some talent but the reason that one was so well attended by nfl FOs is because it was on a Fri night 

30 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Damn i always forget the work that goes into scouting. We’ll out here in the thick of the season and it hadnt even crossed my mind that gms are out and about collecting intel. 

Yeah, it can be a grind. The new scouting year begins in earnest in August each year. Lots of miles will be logged between now and the combine for sure.