Allen clears protocol and expected to play Vs Titans

YoloinOhio

I was kinda hoping they would rest him this week so he would have that extra week to rest. But then again I can understand the desire to have the best in there to win this one. 

That Titan defense is no joke #4 in points allowed.  And that Henry is 6'3'' 247 lb RB is no joke either. 

Let's hope the Bills crushem! 

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

There is no confirmation that Allen or any of the 3 actually had a concussion. You can be placed in the protocol without being diagnosed. There aren’t any nfl teams shelving players after they are cleared. 

Yolo, I think this is a very good explanation.  Look at the bottom of this post, last paragraph.  I don't believe it's true that a player can be placed in the protocol without being diagnosed.

It is correct that there aren't any NFL teams shelving cleared players.

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Make it 6 then wise guy.

I am a Neurologist.  There’s a building at my Alma Mater named after me.

You went to the Southern Hills Institue of Technology too? 

I'm just glad DiMarco cleared so the Bills can spread the field with him out wide. He's a great deep threat.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...explain...I'm old and slow bro............

Every empty backfield is a gift to opposing defenses.  And there are too many of those gifts.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I’m a proctologist. They named the protocol after me. 

I was pawsitive you were a dawg  ?

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Yep. I'd do the same thing.

I think both. Stage 5 the team doctors and independent ones have to clear him. So the independent doctor could clear him and then the team could choose to keep him in the protocol, I believe.

I think it's the other way around, from what I've been reading.  The team physician says "OK we think he's good" and then the independent neurologist has to examine and agree.

So in theory, the team physician could feel the guy's good to go, but don't send him to the independent guy until they're ready.

8 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yea but like, can you really trust the doctors and the NFL?! ???

Funny because if he stinks up the joint, you can bet your bottom dollar that the concussion will be used as an excuse by many here.

Edited by Chicken Boo

3 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I was kinda hoping they would rest him this week so he would have that extra week to rest. But then again I can understand the desire to have the best in there to win this one. 

That Titan defense is no joke #4 in points allowed.  And that Henry is 6'3'' 247 lb RB is no joke either. 

Let's hope the Bills crushem! 

I don't know why you think he needs rest. He practiced all week and medically cleared to play

No fine for the hit. The NFL says it was a clean football play caused by Allen lowering his head and shoulders while acting as a runner. Hopefully he now knows to slide. During the Monday game I kept thinking of Allen every time Wilson (a very good runner) slid. QB's need to be smart.

Edited by FriendlyFire
  • Thank you (+1) 1