Allen clears protocol and expected to play Vs Titans

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Wilson is far more elusive than JA and a different type of runner altogether, but JA could take a few pointers from him. Wilson is the master of the slide. 

That's because he also played minor league baseball. Josh needs to go to Spring Training with the Yankees in March.

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Glad he's ok, but still think it's a mistake to play him.

As we all know, concussions are easier to reoccur after already having one, and does anyone think Allen's just going to start playing significantly different to be safer?

We also have seen over 16 games that Allen plays the same, reacts the same, and makes the same decisions, good or bad, every time he's facing a certain scenario. He'll make the same awful plays you just saw him do the last time he faced that situation, and you'll see him punish a team running just like the last time the defense gave him that look.

If we're in need of a 1st, especially if we're behind on the scoreboard (and definitely if Allen is the primary reason for that deficit), I expect him to run straight into those defenders trying to get the extra couple yards...EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

His health is important, and Barkley is a smart guy that has had even more time in this offense to learn the ins & outs. He's more than capable of winning this game, possibly more than Josh at this point, and should start in his stead. 

Giving Allen 2 extra weeks would be better to help him get a fresh start after that awful game anyway.

What he said! 

I would love to see a small difference in Dabolls game plan for Allen this week. The Titans D-line can be rendered useless with quick slants, outs, and screens. Allen needs to learn to walk again before he starts running, and I put that responsibilty on Daboll to create a confidence building game plan for Allen and make necessary adjustments at the half. 

6 hours ago, TuelTime said:

He had 4 turnovers vs. the Jets. Without a top 5 defense, I don't think that's a win. He wasn't exactly "good" against the Bengals either. His lone "good" game came against the Giants where he was 19/30 250 1 TD.. Not saying I don't like Josh or see potential in him, but his career trajectory is reminiscent of EJ, whose avg QB rating was 10 points higher than Josh's at this point in their career.

If you actually watched the jets game and are still putting every turnover on him then you have serious issues and you probably should take pause when commenting on the subject 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

If you actually watched the jets game and are still putting every turnover on him then you have serious issues and you probably should take pause when commenting on the subject 

Yup, at least three of them were on the receivers.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Yup, at least three of them were on the receivers.

The first fumble, though his tackle got burnt, i’ll Put on Allen. The 1st int is quite obviously on Beasley. The 2nd fumble we’ve learned was most definitely on Morse. And then the 2nd int was just a freak tip drill. 

Allen, as a passer, was pretty lights out in that game.