Allen clears protocol and expected to play Vs Titans

YoloinOhio

Glad he's ok, but still think it's a mistake to play him.

As we all know, concussions are easier to reoccur after already having one, and does anyone think Allen's just going to start playing significantly different to be safer?

We also have seen over 16 games that Allen plays the same, reacts the same, and makes the same decisions, good or bad, every time he's facing a certain scenario. He'll make the same awful plays you just saw him do the last time he faced that situation, and you'll see him punish a team running just like the last time the defense gave him that look.

If we're in need of a 1st, especially if we're behind on the scoreboard (and definitely if Allen is the primary reason for that deficit), I expect him to run straight into those defenders trying to get the extra couple yards...EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

His health is important, and Barkley is a smart guy that has had even more time in this offense to learn the ins & outs. He's more than capable of winning this game, possibly more than Josh at this point, and should start in his stead. 

Giving Allen 2 extra weeks would be better to help him get a fresh start after that awful game anyway.

44 minutes ago, FriendlyFire said:

No fine for the hit. The NFL says it was a clean football play caused by Allen lowering his head and shoulders while acting as a runner. Hopefully he now knows to slide. During the Monday game I kept thinking of Allen every time Wilson (a very good runner) slid. QB's need to be smart.

Wilson is far more elusive than JA and a different type of runner altogether, but JA could take a few pointers from him. Wilson is the master of the slide. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

As we all know, concussions are easier to reoccur after already having one, and does anyone think Allen's just going to start playing significantly different to be safer?

We also have seen over 16 games that Allen plays the same, reacts the same, and makes the same decisions, good or bad, every time he's facing a certain scenario. He'll make the same awful plays you just saw him do the last time he faced that situation, and you'll see him punish a team running just like the last time the defense gave him that look.

If we're in need of a 1st, especially if we're behind on the scoreboard (and definitely if Allen is the primary reason for that deficit), I expect him to run straight into those defenders trying to get the extra couple yards...EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

His health is important, and Barkley is a smart guy that has had even more time in this offense to learn the ins & outs. He's more than capable of winning this game, possibly more than Josh at this point, and should start in his stead. 

Giving Allen 2 extra weeks would be better to help him get a fresh start after that awful game anyway.

A hit like that would probably make anyone think twice about taking another one. He will likely not soon forget it. Or maybe he will , and continue in a Cam Newton type damn-the-torpedoes mode. Regardless, if the Bills think it would be in any way beneficial to sit him and come back after the bye week then they will start Barkley tomorrow. If not, then why would they wait ? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Good point. If he gets another concussion this week he may miss many games. IMHO, I think he played his way to the bench this week. Can anyone honestly say he gives the Bills the best chance to win after watching that game? He regressed completely.. almost got himself killed.. I'm not sure when NFL coaches decided benching your "potential" franchise QB when he plays like crap hinders their development, but I hate it. Sitting on the sideline after a game like that might just be what he needs to develop.

2 hours ago, nucci said:

I don't know why you think he needs rest. He practiced all week and medically cleared to play

I dunno, probably because after he came back from his injury last season after he missed a few games he looked far more focused and calmer in the pocket. 

This season, I wouldn't say he has regressed. I would say he doesn't look as sharp as he did in the latter part of last season. 

33 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I dunno, probably because after he came back from his injury last season after he missed a few games he looked far more focused and calmer in the pocket. 

This season, I wouldn't say he has regressed. I would say he doesn't look as sharp as he did in the latter part of last season. 

This is absolutely absurd. Good god this is bad. Allen 100% looked better in his first 3 games than he ever did last year. He had ONE bad pick in those first 3 games while averaging 250 pass yds a game and 65% comp rate and showing real

signs of development.  He then had one really bad game against an amazing defense putting up historical numbers...then pig slop like your post starts getting spewed onto the board. 

What are we supposed to do now? Every time he has a rough game sit him in the corner to think about it for a couple of weeks? 

Come on man. Geez

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Damn was really hoping to see Barkley play.

We probably don't win the game now. 

i hate to say it, but i was hoping to see matt too mostly because i think 2 (3)weeks in between possible concusses would be better safe than sorry. it's not like josh wouldn't learn anything on the sidelines. in fact maybe a timeout would be better in the long run.

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

i agree 100% to me it's not about the physical thing alone , but also about the mental aspect of josh thinking he's gotta redeem himself in a big way and that could spell disaster.

for my money, i would take barkley for the clock controlling win. let josh watch and engage from the headset and learn until he's relaxed and feeling confident. this could be a huge win for him or it could really put a big ***** in his armor....guess we'll see tomorrow , but i think it's shortsighted on this staff.

37 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is absolutely absurd. Good god this is bad. Allen 100% looked better in his first 3 games than he ever did last year. He had ONE bad pick in those first 3 games while averaging 250 pass yds a game and 65% comp rate and showing real

signs of development.  He then had one really bad game against an amazing defense putting up historical numbers...then pig slop like your post starts getting spewed onto the board. 

What are we supposed to do now? Every time he has a rough game sit him in the corner to think about it for a couple of weeks? 

Come on man. Geez

You're spot on!  Good take!  

I think people are way too quick to bury him because of 1 bad game.  He's still learning and making good strides!  Expectations should be high next year!  This year just make the playoffs and gain experience for the future as we take it to the next level then! 

Go Bills!

28 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

I think people are way too quick to bury him because of 1 bad game.  He's still learning and making good strides!  Expectations should be high next year!  This year just make the playoffs and gain experience for the future as we take it to the next level then! 

Go Bills!

He had 4 turnovers vs. the Jets. Without a top 5 defense, I don't think that's a win. He wasn't exactly "good" against the Bengals either. His lone "good" game came against the Giants where he was 19/30 250 1 TD.. Not saying I don't like Josh or see potential in him, but his career trajectory is reminiscent of EJ, whose avg QB rating was 10 points higher than Josh's at this point in their career.

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Wilson is far more elusive than JA and a different type of runner altogether, but JA could take a few pointers from him. Wilson is the master of the slide. 

I don’t know if he is far more elusive and he is my favorite non-Bill in the league. Josh eludes guys with such ease sometimes that it seems normal or routine when it’s not. He’s a different kind of runner for sure. 

26 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I don’t know if he is far more elusive and he is my favorite non-Bill in the league. Josh eludes guys with such ease sometimes that it seems normal or routine when it’s not. He’s a different kind of runner for sure. 

sure didn’t elude the two Pats with ease

2 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

I think people are way too quick to bury him because of 1 bad game.  He's still learning and making good strides!  Expectations should be high next year!  This year just make the playoffs and gain experience for the future as we take it to the next level then! 

Go Bills!

Against arguably the best defense in the entire League. 

He was marching them down the field to win the game when they took him out. 

Kelly once threw 4 (or was it 5) INTs in the first half of a game and came back to win it. He ripped the reporters in his post game PC whom he asked, “Who here thought we would come back and win the game?”  Lots of reporters sheepishly raised their hands, and Jim went around the room looking each in the face and pointed to each, saying, “” You’re a liar, and you’re a liar, and you’re a liar...”  An epic presser. 

Edited by Nanker
English
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

This year just make the playoffs and gain experience for the future as we take it to the next level then! 

I fully agree with this.  I think we must and will make the playoffs this year to let the bread and butter of this team (Allen, Singletary, Edmunds, Oliver, ie; the young guys) get to experience the pressure of the postseason. However far we go is a bonus. 

Next season,  if everything keeps progressing,  the AFC East is surely ours and all NFL teams will be looking at the Bills as automatic loss on their schedules. Times they are a changing and we look set for a long run of being not just competitive,  but dominate.   

1 hour ago, loyal2dagame said:

I fully agree with this.  I think we must and will make the playoffs this year to let the bread and butter of this team (Allen, Singletary, Edmunds, Oliver, ie; the young guys) get to experience the pressure of the postseason. However far we go is a bonus. 

Next season,  if everything keeps progressing,  the AFC East is surely ours and all NFL teams will be looking at the Bills as automatic loss on their schedules. Times they are a changing and we look set for a long run of being not just competitive,  but dominate.   

I like the direction we are headed. But I am not sure I see anything that suggests ready to dominate.... maybe hold the horses a little on that. 

6 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

So, you don't want him to sit because of injury, it;s because he's not playing well? You want him benched