Allen clears protocol and expected to play Vs Titans

YoloinOhio

I know he is cleared. But we're talking brain injury here, not a broken finger or bone. IMO it would make sense to make him active as the #2 QB, With the bye week and QBs not getting hit in practice, that would be 3 full weeks of recovery if Barkley finishes the game. Think long term here, not just this week! 

DiMarco, as a fullback, will also be out there after a week? Can you really recover that fast from a concussion? As for Allen, he was out! The athletic commissions in MMA and boxing are way more protective.

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

I know he is cleared. But we're talking brain injury here, not a broken finger or bone. IMO it would make sense to make him active as the #2 QB, With the bye week and QBs not getting hit in practice, that would be 3 full weeks of recovery if Barkley finishes the game. Think long term here, not just this week! 

DiMarco, as a fullback, will also be out there after a week? Can you really recover that fast from a concussion? As for Allen, he was out! The athletic commissions in MMA and boxing are way more protective.

At least this guy's on the up.

19 minutes ago, RememberTheRockpile said:

Assuming facts not in evidence.

Well you got a point. I personally didn't think he was out as he was actually adjusting and clutching the ball on the way down. You can actually expect a KOed guy to clench the ball hard even out, but not "make a football move'". The commentators said he was out though, but they weren't on the field more than us. And really, this should be easy to know one or way the other with all the witnesses there!

39 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

There is no confirmation that Allen or any of the 3 actually had a concussion. You can be placed in the protocol without being diagnosed. There aren’t any nfl teams shelving players after they are cleared. 

4 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Well you got a point. I personally didn't think he was out as he was actually adjusting and clutching the ball on the way down. You can actually expect a KOed guy to clench the ball hard even out, but not "make a football move'". The commentators said he was out though, but they weren't on the field more than us. And really, this should be easy to know one or way the other with all the witnesses there!

Dan Fouts said "he may be out cold". Nothing definitive. I agree, I don't think he was out either.

8 minutes ago, RememberTheRockpile said:

Dan Fouts said "he may be out cold". Nothing definitive. I agree, I don't think he was out either.

I think the head hitting the turf may have been the worst of it. The helmet to helmet was in the facemask area. Allen's helmet hit the turf on the side/rear.

But as far as being "out cold", Josh was reaching his arms for a lift from teammates pretty soon after the play, but (I assume) the trainers shut that down and made him stay on the ground.

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

This should be required reading:

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There is no confirmation that Allen or any of the 3 actually had a concussion. You can be placed in the protocol without being diagnosed. There aren’t any nfl teams shelving players after they are cleared. 

Read this, another excellent informative post . DrPJax discusses whether or not he was concussed :

8 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Watching this guy play against another good defense is going to give me a headache of my own 

You can choose not to watch it

40 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I think the head hitting the turf may have been the worst of it. The helmet to helmet was in the facemask area. Allen's helmet hit the turf on the side/rear.

But as far as being "out cold", Josh was reaching his arms for a lift from teammates pretty soon after the play, but (I assume) the trainers shut that down and made him stay on the ground.

Agreed. 

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

He doesn't need to be a 'game manager' , whatever that is, he just needs to protect the ball better and make quicker, sound decisions. He's a dynamic player, I want to see him make big plays, he just needs to get better at it.

What I mean is what you're saying. Like a good point guard in the old days of basketball. Josh needs to enable the players around him to make plays, and once in a while, when the shot is there, he takes it. Because we have such an exceptional defense, Josh doesn't have to be the hero on this team. That's what I mean.

2 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

1 hour ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Yes!!! Allen offers so much more with his elusiveness, just needs to take what the defense gives him. 

what if the defense gives him 1 yd passes?

• Haha (+1) 1