Allen clears protocol and expected to play Vs Titans

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

This is probably smart on McD's part.  Why give out more info than you need to, before you need to?  Would Belichick not do the same?

Yep. I'd do the same thing.

58 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Does the team clear players from protocol or do the doctors? Aren't the doctors independent from the team?

I think both. Stage 5 the team doctors and independent ones have to clear him. So the independent doctor could clear him and then the team could choose to keep him in the protocol, I believe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yep. I'd do the same thing.

I think both. Stage 5 the team doctors and independent ones have to clear him. So the independent doctor could clear him and then the team could choose to keep him in the protocol, I believe.

team dr has to clear him first. Once that occurs the independent neurologist has to clear the player. 

https://www.playsmartplaysafe.com/newsroom/videos/nfl-head-neck-spine-committees-concussion-protocol-overview/

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, MJS said:

This confirms suspicions that the Bills have been keeping guys in the protocol till the last minute. All 3 guys released from the protocol at the same time? They all woke up this morning and passed their tests?

Likely all three were ready days ago, especially Josh.

Pretty Belickick-like.   

Hmmmm.   Delicious...

Image result for eat crow

With our D Allen needs to settle down and be more of a game manager. He will make the occasional great throw or scramble, but if he just keeps his baseline at the game manager level, this team could win a playoff game, not just get there. Fingers crossed Josh has FINALLY learned to reign it in. I'm psyched for Sunday.

Good or bad I want Allen to play.  So let’s do this.  I do think Barkley would’ve managed the offense just fine.  And he seems to have better touch on “drop in the bucket” type throws than Allen at this point in their careers.  But Josh isn’t going to develop his game sitting on the bench.

Josh was ready to come back into the game against the Pats, he was fine.

The NFL required the protocol due to the nature of the hit.

I took some grief over my statements on Sunday but what was told to me was true. The person who told me would know.

4 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

With our D Allen needs to settle down and be more of a game manager. He will make the occasional great throw or scramble, but if he just keeps his baseline at the game manager level, this team could win a playoff game, not just get there. Fingers crossed Josh has FINALLY learned to reign it in. I'm psyched for Sunday.

He doesn't need to be a 'game manager' , whatever that is, he just needs to protect the ball better and make quicker, sound decisions. He's a dynamic player, I want to see him make big plays, he just needs to get better at it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Josh was ready to come back into the game against the Pats, he was fine.

The NFL required the protocol due to the nature of the hit.

I took some grief over my statements on Sunday but what was told to me was true. The person who told me would know.

And yet no word of a fine for the hit.  Methinks the NFL is a bit inconsistent.  "If you get hit in the head, we're going to make you sit so we make sure you're ok.  But we're still going to allow players to hit you in the head."

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

totally agree.   Would love to see Allen use his mobility the same way Wilson uses it.  Dance around the pocket, only sneak when needed, and slide.  Needs to work on the accuracy to reach a Wilson level, but he's got the mobility, just the pocket movement/presence, which I think will come. 

• Like (+1) 1