What the Bills need to do offensively to win on Sunday

HOUSE

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Is Singletary playing?

He hasn't been ruled out and I believe he was a full participant in yesterday's practice.  I'll take that as a good sign.

McDermott's injury list is Belichick-esque.  Two guys out, who everyone knew would be out; and the rest of the team as questionable!

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Nate Mendelson

Contributing Correspondent

What the Bills need to do offensively to win on Sunday

Stephen Hauschka nailed a 46-yard field goal as time expired to lift Buffalo to a 13-12 victory over the Titans the last time the two teams played in Week 5 of 2018. The Bills leaned on the strength of their defense as Josh Allen completed 10 passes for 82 yards and Zay Jones had three catches for 20 yards.

Just a year later, Jones and Allen are two of the last remaining pieces from that offense. With Allen’s status uncertain for Sunday, Jones has stressed the importance of execution when they meet the Titans again.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-what-the-bills-need-to-do-offensively-to-win-on-sunday

..tell me Daboll's offensive game plan......conservative as hell?....15 scripted plays and then WTF?......gadgets?........I have NO clue HOUSE......and my shorts are in jeopardy...

6 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This offense seems like a rhythm offense so far. Need to hit the 5-10 yard pass plays and then run the ball. We haven’t seen the big play from the passing attack yet like last year. I don’t think this week is a good week to expect it either. Tenn has a solid defensive backfield. 

Their backfield is susceptible to the deep ball, actually. Colts and Jags put them in a bind with it (Hilton & Chark). I think we could see a big one from Brown or Foster (or even Roberts?) tomorrow.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Run run run. I believe Allen will be like Russel Wilson and both need a good run game to succeed.

Josh is actually pretty good at them.

Yeah he is! It's kind of surprising that he doesn't draw more Offside and throw the long ball with the free play. I'm not sure I've even seen one of those instances this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

They need to move the ball. You can attack the edges of this defense. If Singletary is up that is huge because I think if he can get outside the opportunities for big plays are there. They are pretty stout through the middle. The interior of their defensive line is really good and their inside backers are instinctive and can hit.

I think there will be more chances for Josh to find the outside receivers than there has been the past two weeks. Interesting that they have promoted Duke for this game. Tennessee have 3 "starting" corners. Malcolm Butler plays outside and then Logan Ryan is the normal outside starter opposite him with Adoree Jackson (another of that really good 2017 corner class) in the slot. But Ryan and Jackson do rotate at times depending on the matchups. None of those 3 are even 6ft. If there is a corner trio we will play against this year where Duke is a genuine mismatch it is this group. I expect him to be up and to have a very gameplan specific role. Might be the day they finally break a big one over the top for Brown too. 

Defensively the plan has to be bottle up Henry, take away the threat of play action and make Mariota drop back, read the defense and beat you. Look for lots of simulated blitzes that end up being max coverage. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Josh needs to use his head for taking plays that are there, not for getting speared in it by a Titan defender.

Titan Coach Vrabel played for Belichick for a number of years so you know he watched to see what Billy did with a close game in the 4th Q ... Have a player take out the starting QB with a cheap shot and a couple plays later try and take out the backup QB with a cheap shot.

Avoid homerun forward pass on a kickoff.