What the Bills need to do offensively to win on Sunday

HOUSE

Nate Mendelson

Contributing Correspondent

What the Bills need to do offensively to win on Sunday

Stephen Hauschka nailed a 46-yard field goal as time expired to lift Buffalo to a 13-12 victory over the Titans the last time the two teams played in Week 5 of 2018. The Bills leaned on the strength of their defense as Josh Allen completed 10 passes for 82 yards and Zay Jones had three catches for 20 yards.

Just a year later, Jones and Allen are two of the last remaining pieces from that offense. With Allen’s status uncertain for Sunday, Jones has stressed the importance of execution when they meet the Titans again.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-what-the-bills-need-to-do-offensively-to-win-on-sunday

Edited by HOUSE

i don't think their 2ndary matches up that well.  i vote for trying to get good yardage with different run schemes on 1st down and then torching them on 2nd and short,

if we can get into 2nd and short....even 3rd and short, the playbook opens up.

usually i'm against the predictable run on 1st down thing, but we need to not get cutesy and end up with 3 and outs and gas our defense.

long, clock ticking drives....then toss it up for duke in the corner.?

Edited by billsredneck1

Just don't turn the ball over...they have moved the ball well against everyone so far...if they stop turning the ball over they will generate a lot more points like they did in the Giants game.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

We are not playing the number 1 defense in the league, but they are still good. No turnovers and play a similar plan to what we did last week. Allen was starting to hit his stride (before the hit) when he was throwing the underneath stuff to Yeldon and we were getting big chunks of yards. Then Barkely was successful with it. Should be the same tomorrow. Go heavy on Knox and Beasley with small stuff and big YAC. I don't know if Singletary is playing, but Gore could once again have a nice day. 

• Like (+1) 1