Andy Varipapa - Greatest Trick Bowler Ever

ChevyVanMiller

21 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I am not in any way belittling Andy’s skills, but I wonder if any creative blocking was employed oiling the lanes.

I'm sure that it probably was, but he still was a wizard. Here's a shorter video showing even more amazing shots. Check out the one where he bowls straight down the line of a row of pins before picking off the 7-Pin.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I am not in any way belittling Andy’s skills, but I wonder if any creative blocking was employed oiling the lanes.

That's sort of like scepticism towards magicians because you know they're deceptive.

It's fun to watch and that's where it should end.

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Again, I am not denigrating the skills or entertainment value, merely wondering how a ball pushed by a foot makes a left turn further down the alley.  ??

Undoubtedly it took countless attempts to get any shot to succeed.

Bet he let a lot of explitives fly before mugging it up for the camera.

One thing for sure, Andy can really control his balls.

I wonder how many takes it took for each shot, although the fact he could do them even once is amazing.  Note, this was before bowling lane automation.

17 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Again, I am not denigrating the skills or entertainment value, merely wondering how a ball pushed by a foot makes a left turn further down the alley.  ??

Think of it as a cue ball.  He has to kick the ball off center to get spin.  Makes it even more amazing.

Edited by Greybeard