Gruden didnt want Haskins

21 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Question...Has there ever been a successful NFL QB from Ohio State?  My memory fails me on this.

No, but that has nothing at all to do with Dwayne Haskins. Just as all the previous nfl QBs from Texas tech have nothing to do with Mahomes and so on. Programs, coaches, and schemes change over the years. Haskins is a Ryan Day/Quincy Avery coached QB. The O on his helmet pertains to his brotherhood, not his nfl prowess.  That’s just how it is these days.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No, but that has nothing at all to do with Dwayne Haskins. Just as all the previous nfl QBs from Texas tech have nothing to do with Mahomes and so on. Programs, coaches, and schemes change over the years. Haskins is a Ryan Day/Quincy Avery coached QB. The O on his helmet pertains to his brotherhood, not his nfl prowess.  That’s just how it is these days.

I'm not trying to slam Ohio State.   I was just asking.   It does seem that due to injury or coaching changes many QBs come out with only one year in that position.  May be a disadvantage. 

12 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I'm not trying to slam Ohio State.   I was just asking.   It does seem that due to injury or coaching changes many QBs come out with only one year in that position.  May be a disadvantage. 

Oh i know - Tbh they just haven’t had any nfl caliber QBs. That may change. I think Haskins is a Real one. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, jkeerie said:

Do you think having only one year under his belt hurts him?

I think he could have benefited from another year but not realistic to think he wouldn’t declare with a 1st rd grade. I think he needed a redshirt year but in the nfl it almost never works that way. Trubisky only played one year in college as well, I do think it’s a challenge. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think he could have benefited from another year but not realistic to think he wouldn’t declare with a 1st rd grade. I think he needed a redshirt year but in the nfl it almost never works that way. Trubisky only played one year in college as well, I do think it’s a challenge. 

May just take him longer.  Having more years under your belt makes it easier.   Case in point,  Gardner Minshew.

6 hours ago, Oyea said:

Consciencly speaking. It's obvious J Gruden has had everything handed to him. Even his philosophy of life, his philosophy or knowledge of football. He believes these things are true. That they will work. He's stubborn with it. Let's call him conservative. Believing what is false. Something his 4 father's invested in him passed down. The whole world knows the truth. His game plan, game planning are below professional standards. He's a indirect coach. My meaning for that is or example. Coach who does not directly correct, disciplin, leading ect.... Then he acts innocent an unaware. PRIVILEGED!. I DARE NOT SAY! He's living his grandfather's dream. He's not passionate about football. Extraordinary coaches use what they have to get what they want. It takes great imagination, passion ect... HE DOESN'T GOT IT! Snyder needs to clean house! Fire Gruden an the one who came up with the Idea to hire him! You're rich man why you holding on to this trash! Are you a hoarder? You need intervention? You need big dose of consideration. Stop betting against your own team.

Antonio, is that really you?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ColeB said:

The ever meddling owner.  Remember that Shanahan  didn’t want RG3 but Snyder forced him on him.  

How many playoff games has your team won, Dan?  1-3 in 20 seasons!  At least meddlesome Jerry has won Super Bowls!

Now they announce Colt McCoy is starting!  I think Gruden is trying to get fired. 

I let a lot of bad insults go but man... that one stings around here 

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Urban Meyer’s college scheme wasn’t used for Haskins so it doesn’t matter in this case. You wouldn’t use any of those concepts. He doesn’t  run - he isn’t even that mobile. He doesn’t run the zone read. He’s a straight up pro style QB. 

didn't know that, he should have a better chance then. The most important thing any college QB has to do is be able to read NFL defenses and make quick decisions, if he can do that he is golden if not he won't make it.

15 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

But the problem is, is that Colt is nothing more than a below average game manager and your never gonna win with a QB like that starting for your team

Mark Rypien and Doug Williams say, “hello!”

19 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This should end well.... just keep your hands off of Daboll and Frazier Mr Schneider 

but would you trade either (actually allow them to take the job if they wanted it) for Trent Williams and a 2nd in next year's draft (I'd want a first but I doubt they would give that up)

Edited by entropyrules

14 hours ago, Oyea said:

Consciencly speaking. It's obvious J Gruden has had everything handed to him. Even his philosophy of life, his philosophy or knowledge of football. He believes these things are true. That they will work. He's stubborn with it. Let's call him conservative. Believing what is false. Something his 4 father's invested in him passed down. The whole world knows the truth. His game plan, game planning are below professional standards. He's a indirect coach. My meaning for that is or example. Coach who does not directly correct, disciplin, leading ect.... Then he acts innocent an unaware. PRIVILEGED!. I DARE NOT SAY! He's living his grandfather's dream. He's not passionate about football. Extraordinary coaches use what they have to get what they want. It takes great imagination, passion ect... HE DOESN'T GOT IT! Snyder needs to clean house! Fire Gruden an the one who came up with the Idea to hire him! You're rich man why you holding on to this trash! Are you a hoarder? You need intervention? You need big dose of consideration. Stop betting against your own team.

Is there a translated version of this post?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, entropyrules said:

but would you trade either (actually allow them to take the job if they wanted it) for Trent Williams and a 2nd in next year's draft (I'd want a first but I doubt they would give that up)

Not really. I’m happy with these coordinators.  I can’t remember when it felt like threre was modern nfl competence on both sides.

ST needs some work.