Gruden didnt want Haskins

Sounds familiar with the Redskins...history repeating itself just like with Shanahan and RGIII..

When will Snyder learn that he is the reason the Redskins suck and just remove himself as much as possible from their day to day operations.

They are a mess.  I don’t blame Williams for sitting.  I’d trade our 1st next year for an elite LT the next 4 or 5 years.  Not all mal-contents are equal.  Peters was right for wanting out of Buffalo at the time.  Mack was right for wanting out of Oakland.  Current Washington situation might be worse than Buffalo in 2007.

I think if you are Washington with their QB situation you take a swing on Haskins at 15 whether you are in love with him or not..

I seem to recall a lot of the draft experts in the media predicting they would need to trade up to get him..( the Bills were often predicted as trading down with them..)

The article says that Gruden wanted Jones but he wasn’t there to be had..

Edited by Aussie Joe

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

he and his team will be annihilated sunday and the seat will catch fire. his time there is drawing to a close.

Yeah...that situation is ugly already. The whole thing is reaching a conclusion before it even got started.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Yeah...that situation is ugly already. The whole thing is reaching a conclusion before it even got started.

I think being fired would be the best thing that could ever happen to Gruden.  No one will hold it against him because Snyder/the Redskins are such a shitshow.  He'll get another HC gig next year.

Edited by Gugny

Just now, Gugny said:

I think being fired would be the best thing that could ever happen to Gruden.  No one will hold it against him because Snyder/the Redskins are such a shitshow.  He'll get another HC gig next year.

Maybe you are right. The game of football, or at least coaching is starting to escape Gruden a little. Get out of shitshow mode and start over somewhere else.

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

Maybe you are right. The game of football, or at least coaching is starting to escape Gruden a little. Get out of shitshow mode and start over somewhere else.

I don't know why anyone would want to coach in Washington.  I get that there are only 32 of these jobs in the world.  But there's also about 7 openings each season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I don't know why anyone would want to coach in Washington.  I get that there are only 32 of these jobs in the world.  But there's also about 7 openings each season.

Especially the atmosphere that Snyder creates. Who knows...maybe each new coach feels that they can make a difference.

Snyder also wanted RGIII, Shanahan wanted Kirk Cousins.  One is a backup, the other is starting on a big contract; how good Cousins is, is up for debate but this is another case of Snyder ultimately getting it wrong.  The Redskins will always be a charlie foxtrot as long as Snyder is the owner.  I agree with the sentiment that not sure why anyone would want to coach in Washington.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Thanks for the newsflash ;) 

This has been talked about on DC radio.  

Colt is Gruden’s guy.  Not Cousins, not Alex, not Case not Haskins 

But the problem is, is that Colt is nothing more than a below average game manager and your never gonna win with a QB like that starting for your team

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m going to laugh hysterically if the Skins end up with the #1 pick, and the fish end up bridesmaids after tanking intentionally. Just perfect karma. 

what's the tiebreaker if they both go 0-16??  

• Haha (+1) 2