Concussion hypocrisy

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Have you seen the head shots?  Josh got knocked for a loop.  The defender often turns their head down at the last moment just like....a ram.

The other factor is that so many games are televised and these guys have probably all watched Ram games.  

please quit while you're, ahem, ahead ........

Posting while being concussed isn't advised OP...you are hallucinating...seeing ghosts.

Go lay down with your padded helmet on...the lights are too bright for you...keep your eyes closed.

3 hours ago, freddyjj said:

OP is from Indiana....  Coincidence, i think not?

Being from Indiana explains a lot...

Edited by matter2003

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The Bengals just have stripes.  The Lion, while lunging forward, was marginal but made the list.  I can't really make the case that the Bengals helmet encourages head shots but their old helmet certainly didn't.

But you can make the case that other helmets do encourage head shots????????

5 hours ago, CLTbills said:

I mean we're going to say that team mascots have a G.D. thing to do with concussions?

Mods... close this thing.

OK....

What in the holy hell does that have to do with the team's mascot?

it's sarcasm

6 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Our QB has a concussion and obviously the problem is way bigger than just one player.  The NFL acts like it cares and we all complain about the lack of penalties, or excessive penalties, or selective enforcement but take a step back and look at the big picture.

I think any lawyer worth his salt could put the NFL in serious jeopardy w.r.t. their attitude towards concussions and leading with the head.  How?  The Los Angeles Rams.  Look at their helmet.  I'm not sure if everyone has seen nature shows about actual Rams but those things slam their heads together at an alarming rate of speed.  How can the NFL reconcile the Rams helmet, which clearly encourages leading with the helmet with their supposed concern for player safety.  You could make a case that some other helmets give the illusion of forward motion but the Rams is BLATANT.  Don't be surprised if this ends up in a case somewhere.

Other, lesser culprits could be seen in the helmets of the:

Pats, Bills, Chiefs, Titans, Jags, Eagles, Vikings, Lions, Bucs, Panthers, and Seahawks.

you started out great but lost it in the second paragraph.

NO lawyer would make a successful lawsuit against the league based on  team logos. Completely irrelevant what is on them contributing towards the attitude of the league about concussions.

27 minutes ago, PIZ said:

It does make you wonder though, why actual rams don't get concussions when they smack each others heads.  Maybe helmets should be designed like actual ram horns?

not much velocity behind the hit, if they were at full speed on ice skates at collision it would have more impact

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I got stoned to try to figure it out and now I don’t know how to get out of here. 

Might be the funniest thing you've ever said, literally laughed out loud when I read this.  Nice work

• Thank you (+1) 1