Would you have taken 3-2 at the bye?

6 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

We need to stop thinking this way, its been a culture problem for years. It's win the division or bust. The Bills already proved they can play with New England so why accept losses to lesser teams.? If the Bills needs to make adjustments then the trade deadline is weeks away. Make the necessary changes or the Patriots will.

Absolutely. It is time to break this culture of pessimism. Something really good is starting to happen, so lets go with it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I see what you mean. The point is the Bills could easily be 2-2 (and as Virgil said 4-0) just like the Titans could as well.

i think people taking the Titans a bit to lightly as they are capable beating any team especially at home. Like I said I expect a very low scoring game.

you’re going to get me banned 

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

I thought about this after the NE game. It's funny how the order of your wins/losses makes you feel so much differently about your team, even though the record is the same. 

What if we'd played the Pats* week 1 and lost, but then rattled off 3 straight wins? We'd have a much different feeling around here right now.

To me it’s  not as much as the lose to pats***

that disappoints me  , it’s more of the way Allen performed in that game 

Obviously I would prefer to be 5-0. I predicted the team between 8-10 wins. Close wins against bad teams, and blowing it in a winnable game against the Pats haven’t convinced me otherwise yet.

This TEN game is one of the most important of the season in terms of needing the win, and having an understanding of where we stand as a team. Both teams match up similarly. 

To to answer the question. Expected result, yes. Happy with it, no. They have all been winnable to date. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

We need to stop thinking this way, its been a culture problem for years. It's win the division or bust. The Bills already proved they can play with New England so why accept losses to lesser teams.? If the Bills needs to make adjustments then the trade deadline is weeks away. Make the necessary changes or the Patriots will.

a wild card spot would be just fine

you never know.... (yeah you do...)

• Like (+1) 1

No chance.

Only thing I would have taken is 4-1. My reasoning was 3-1 for the first quarter of the season and we need to go 3-1 for the second quarter of the season. 

We we need to beat Tennessee, Miami, and Washington and we can lose to philly. 

Tennessee is a must win considering they could be battling us for a wc. 

16 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

No chance.

Only thing I would have taken is 4-1. My reasoning was 3-1 for the first quarter of the season and we need to go 3-1 for the second quarter of the season. 

We we need to beat Tennessee, Miami, and Washington and we can lose to philly. 

Tennessee is a must win considering they could be battling us for a wc. 

Equals 6-2

Then 3-1 or 2-2 vs Browns, Dolphins, Broncos, Cowboys

Then 3-1 or 2-2 vs Ravens, Steelers, Pats, Jets

Equals best of 12-4 to 10-6. A bunch of teams fighting for the wild card spots. Bills have an advantage being in the east with the Jets and Mia. Hopefully other divisions beat each other up a bit and all wind up 2-2 vs each other. 

17 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No will not be happy with 3-2, especially since it would mean we lost 2 in a row in the AFC, including against a Titan team who could be competition for a playoff spot late in the season.  

I had us at 4-1 before the season started. 

I also won’t freak out either, lot of football left.

....coming out of the bye with 2 consecutive losses is painful (RELUCTANTLY, there was a glimmer of hope vs Pats at home)....2 consecutive AFC losses adds salt to the wound IMO....

Nah, I’ll be disappointed with 3-2. Especially losing two within the conference. A lot of people complain we don’t get enough respect. Well, win some tough games and it will come. No one is getting respect beating up on the jets and phins. 

Edited by Captain Murica
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Captain Murica said:

Nah, I’ll be disappointed with 3-2. Especially losing two within the conference. A lot of people complain we don’t get enough respect. Well, win some tough games and it will come. No one is getting respecting beating up on the jets and phins. 

I know people forget this now, but the Jets were a pretty good team -- on par with the Titans -- when we played them.

No.  When the schedule came out I figured the Bills needed to be 4-1 going into the bye to have a good shot at the playoffs, 3-2 to still have a chance.  They need to stack some wins together now because later in the season the schedule gets tougher.   

I figured they *should* beat the Jets/Giants, would probably lose to NE, so I thought they would most likely be 4-1 or  3-2 going into the bye.  3-2 wouldn't be the end of the world but it would be disappointing.