Would you have taken 3-2 at the bye?

Before the season, I would have been glad that we were 3-2 at this point in the season.  I stated it a couple of weeks ago that we'd be 3-2...and now after 4 weeks of play against 3 poor teams and one good team, I definitely think this is a winnable game.  If the D has the ability to rattle Brady the way that they did last week, they sure as heck can rattle Mariota.  The Bills fared poorly against the Pats defense (rated #1 in overall DVOA through 4 weeks) and even without Josh they should do better against Tennesse (rated #16 overall DVOA).

Edited by inthebuff

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

Before the season, yes.  Knowing our first 3 opponents were 0-9 and the Titans were 2-2 going in.....no.

I know your not going like this but the Bills are a missed FG away from being 2-2 and the Titans are a missed FG away from being 3-1.  In other words the teams are a lot closer than you think. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

I would have taken 3-2 at the bye but not if coming off 2 straight losses. 

I thought about this after the NE game. It's funny how the order of your wins/losses makes you feel so much differently about your team, even though the record is the same. 

If you lose the first two, but win the next three, versus winning the first three and losing the next two. Same record, but it makes you feel so much differently about it. 

What if we'd played the Pats* week 1 and lost, but then rattled off 3 straight wins? We'd have a much different feeling around here right now.

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

I know your not going like this but the Bills are a missed FG away from being 2-2 and the Titans are a missed FG away from being 3-1.  In other words the teams are a lot closer than you think. 

We can play what ifs all day. If we're going to go down that road, then the Bills are a blocked punt away from being 4-0. 

Bill Parcells said, "You are what your record says you are"

27 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills are a cheap shot away and missed calls away from being 4-0.  

The Pats are a human soul and a pair of testicles away from being actual men 

Edited by Virgil
  • Haha (+1) 1

A loss to Tenn hurts big time the Bills. Already likely not winning the division with Patriots loss. 

A Loss to Tenn puts you are 3-2 same as WC Contender Tenn at 3-2 with losing the tie breaker at that point. So NO I will not accept 3-2 going into the Bye. 

The Bills match up very well against Tenn and are the Better team. So If they lose against Tenn I will NOT be happy going into the Bye. And you and others shouldn’t either 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don't agree that the Bills are a miss FG from 2-2. Because that FG in the Jets game came so early it would have affected strategy throughout the remainder of the game. The Titans are better than some here are giving them credit for but their offense struggles moving the ball and the Bills defense is legit. This is a game the Bills should win.

12 hours ago, benderbender said:

Given the great early start the team has had, it’s easy to let the expectations skyrocket. And while I think even with Allen sitting we’re the better team, let’s say things don’t go well against the Titans. Would it really be that big of a let down? Before the start of the season, just based on the schedule alone, would you have been okay with a record of 3-2 at the bye?

12 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

I would have taken 3-2 at the bye but not if coming off 2 straight losses. 

Bender followed by Belcher.

I mean right now even though Josh is hurt a loss to Tenn is devastating.  No, WE HAVE TO BE 4-1 headed into the bye.

My goodness, what can you say about them if they should be so fortunate and play hard enough to be 7-1 at the turn?  Just win your home games and you are likely in the playoffs at that point.  Win your home games and 1 road game and you are guaranteed to be in the playoffs in all but once or twice in NFL history (believe the Patriots missed the playoffs at 11-5 when Brady was hurt).

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Bender followed by Belcher.

I mean right now even though Josh is hurt a loss to Tenn is devastating.  No, WE HAVE TO BE 4-1 headed into the bye.

My goodness, what can you say about them if they should be so fortunate and play hard enough to be 7-1 at the turn?  Just win your home games and you are likely in the playoffs at that point.  Win your home games and 1 road game and you are guaranteed to be in the playoffs in all but once or twice in NFL history (believe the Patriots missed the playoffs at 11-5 when Brady was hurt).

D2D, if we can’t raise our expectations this year after such a prodigious offseason and hot start, and now visualize the team going 4-1 after this week, then when? I’m with you on this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

D2D, if we can’t raise our expectations this year after such a prodigious offseason and hot start, and now visualize the team going 4-1 after this week, then when? I’m with you on this. 

Rock solid, my friend.  Simply rock solid.

And "NO" TSW, I don't up vote HUDS so much because he is in reality my Aunt Susan.  He's just real good with his takes.

(*I love you, Aunt Suzy*)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

The Bills are a cheap shot away and missed calls away from being 4-0.  

The Pats are a human soul and a pair of testicles away from being actual men 

I feel like I need a teddy bear so you can show me where the bad Patriots touched you hurt you so bad.. lol (I’m kidding!!)

But you TOTALLY missed the point you think just because the titans are 2-2 they are some terrible team. They aren’t they are an inconsistent team that when motivated can handle the Bills O  (they manhandled a much more talented O opening day) and make it another low scoring nail biter type game. Both Ds are good, yes the Bills is better but the Bills O is more turn over prone than the Titans as well. 

The game is going be be something like 13-10 with whichever teams O Making the fewest mistakes winning. 

20 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Absolutely...I thought that this was what it was all about. The Bills are on the rise and turning the corner. The loss to the Pats should strengthen them if anything. I know it is difficult, but we have to change that mind set. If not now, when is the right time.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't agree that the Bills are a miss FG from 2-2. Because that FG in the Jets game came so early it would have affected strategy throughout the remainder of the game. The Titans are better than some here are giving them credit for but their offense struggles moving the ball and the Bills defense is legit. This is a game the Bills should win.

I see what you mean. The point is the Bills could easily be 2-2 (and as Virgil said 4-0) just like the Titans could as well.

i think people taking the Titans a bit to lightly as they are capable beating any team especially at home. Like I said I expect a very low scoring game.

We need to stop thinking this way, its been a culture problem for years. It's win the division or bust. The Bills already proved they can play with New England so why accept losses to lesser teams.? If the Bills needs to make adjustments then the trade deadline is weeks away we can always add some players.

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 2