Would you have taken 3-2 at the bye?

Maybe I’m an optimist, but I always assumed we’d be 4-1 at the bye... 

we cant lose to the jets.

the giants have been a joke for a while

the bengals are a meh team

obviously we more less expect to lose to the Pats 

the titans are an A talent team that plays at a b- to c level any given day... 

• Like (+1) 1

I was expecting 2-3. Loss to Jets, Pats, and Titans. Figured the Jets would play hard in their home opener.

I'm thinking we can beat the Titans, now. I'm more confident knowing that our defense is so good.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, benderbender said:

Given the great early start the team has had, it’s easy to let the expectations skyrocket. And while I think even with Allen sitting we’re the better team, let’s say things don’t go well against the Titans. Would it really be that big of a let down? Before the start of the season, just based on the schedule alone, would you have been okay with a record of 3-2 at the bye?

I wouldn't have been thrilled, but yeah, it looked like that would be acceptable. 

The first half of this schedule had always looked easy. It's the second half that looks like a serious grind.

Hell no. As some have said, beating the Titans may likely help Buffalo’s chances with a wildcard spot in December. The division crown would be fantastic, but a WC is more realistic. This should be a defensive grind on Sunday and Buffalo needs this win. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tiffany980 said:

Allen is the weakest link on your team. He's a turnover machine and looks incapable of changing...

Allen is a turnover machine, there is not really much denying that statement. However, to state that he is incapable of change is way too premature. Allen is a gamer and I am confident that he will get things under control. At about a full season's worth of games under his belt now, he is still learning about the "big games " and the energy and excitement that comes with them. Imo, he's still trying to figure out how to channel his excitement on the field. Not all QB's are created equal and some obviously take a little bit longer to figure it out. 

• Like (+1) 1

We need to stop thinking like losers. This team should be 4-0 right now and they are a better team than Tennessee which means they need to be 4-1 at worst at the bye. No excuses. No moral victories. No "yeah buts" anymore. Just win.

8 hours ago, benderbender said:

Given the great early start the team has had, it’s easy to let the expectations skyrocket. And while I think even with Allen sitting we’re the better team, let’s say things don’t go well against the Titans. Would it really be that big of a let down? Before the start of the season, just based on the schedule alone, would you have been okay with a record of 3-2 at the bye?

No 4-1 or this team will start being on the downtrend.

We are at where we are at now. Historically teams with a 3-1 record have made the playoffs about 63% of the time.  That is decent.  Teams with 4-1 records have historically made the playoffs 75% of the time.  Teams with 3-2 records historically have made the playoffs 50% of the time.  Based on history, winning this game seems like it meaning fully increases the likelihood of making the playoffs.  I am not too familiar with the Titans. I assume that the Patriots offense is better than the Titans. Hopefully that means the Bills defense shuts them down.  In the first 3 games, the patriots opponents scored only 3 points against the Pats defense. Despite turnovers, Allen led the Bills to triple that with 10 points in 3 quarters.  I suspect the Titans defense is not as good as the Patriots.  Bills should score  more this week, especially if Allen plays.    I won't be happy with a loss.  Bills 20 Titans 10. 

Before the season started, I had us at 3-2 at the bye, with losses to the Jets and Patriots.  But I also had us finishing 9-7.  So yeah, I guess I would have taken that, but it would have been mildly disappointing, and it would be mildly disappointing now.

At the beginning of the season?  Would have been quite happy.  As of today?  I'd be disappointed because we should have won last Sunday and I think our D should give Mariotta fits on Sunday.

Even if we are 3-2 though, we should be optimistic going forward.  The supposed tough schedule we have later in the year is looking like it won't be that formidable.  The Dolphins are nothing, the finale against the Jets should have them running for the bus by then, the Steelers aren't the Steelers of old, Denver is trash as are the Skins. 

10 hours ago, benderbender said:

no I would not. Bills are a better team than the one they are seeing Sunday. So no 3-2 is a misstep.