Rams at Seattle, 8:20 ET on Fox AND NFLN

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Oh Joe, never change. 

The comment is on DK, not Oliver but carry on and when Oliver starts getting sacks, he will, you can change the goal post again!

Au contraire.

If/When Oliver actually starts producing sacks, I'll be the first to cheer him. That's what I need to see from him, is actual game-changing sacks.

What I learned from this game:

1) DangerRuss still is

2) When asked about his D, Pete Carroll said "what D?"

3) Goff and the Rams are All That - until they aren't.  Their "clutch" gene needs to up its expression

Who was it here who, when Ken Norton was announced as the new DC of Seattle, said "this is how you waste Russ Wilson's best years?"

Man, that tackling. 

Seattle wants to go anywhere but home, they better fix it fast.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What I learned from this game:

1) DangerRuss still is

2) When asked about his D, Pete Carroll said "what D?"

3) Goff and the Rams are All That - until they aren't.  Their "clutch" gene needs to up its expression

So Goff is responsible for the missed FG?  What else was he supposed to do?

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. And to AJ Brown. I had those three:

1 AJ Brown

2 DK Metcalf

3 Marquise Brown

And I didn't have any of them as first rounders. I had them all as high 2nd rounders. I never suggested that any of the 3 of them couldn't play but to pick any of them at #9 would have been absurd.

That’s fine.  The real issue was trading up for a projected guard in round 2 when Metcalf, Brown, McLaurin et al were available.  We’ll get to see AJ Brown up close this weekend.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

That’s fine.  The real issue was trading up for a projected guard in round 2 when Metcalf, Brown, McLaurin et al were available.  We’ll get to see AJ Brown up close this weekend.

I had the exact same grade on AJ Brown and Cody Ford. I'd have been fine with picking AJ Brown there, I'd have even been fine with Metcalf there even if he wasn't the top ranked player on my board. I repeat again that I had no issue with anyone who wanted to pick Metcalf in round 2. My issue is purely with anyone who wanted top spend a top 10 pick on him. I said before the draft he was touch and go to be taken in round one when the consensus was he was a definite first rounder. I didn't share the shock and amazement that he slipped to where he did. I can see the reasoning. But I would not have been against the Bills taking him or AJ at their pick. I think AJ is more complete but less explosive (I see Robert Woods to some extent) and Metcalf is explosive but has some holes. There wasn't a true #1 WR in the class so it was always pick your poison. I think Metcalf landed in a perfect spot in Seattle because they don't ask their receivers to run a really complex or complicated route tree.

18 minutes ago, mannc said:

So Goff is responsible for the missed FG?  What else was he supposed to do?

Where do you people get this stuff?

I wrote:

How do you translate this to "So Goff is responsible for the missed FG?"

I mean, I'm legit curious - what thought process goes through one's mind when one reads a sentence that begins "Goff AND THE RAMS are All That - until they aren't", and decide

1) it means the writer believes Goff is responsible for everything - the AND THE RAMS part of the sentence was just there as filler, and didn't really mean anything like, oh, maybe spreading responsibility around the team?  Dropped passes and etc?

2) therefore the writer believes Goff is responsible for the missed field goal

You then go on to "what else was he supposed to do?" which is apparently intended as rhetorical, but is an addressable question

What else is Goff AND THE RAMS supposed to do -

Oh, kinda like other teams who have lost a game by a missed FG, maybe play differently all around so the game doesn't turn on a missed FG at the end?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Where do you people get this stuff?

I wrote:

How do you translate this to "So Goff is responsible for the missed FG?"

I mean, I'm legit curious - what thought process goes through one's mind when one reads a sentence that begins "Goff AND THE RAMS are All That - until they aren't", and decide

1) it means the writer believes Goff is responsible for everything - the AND THE RAMS part of the sentence was just there as filler, and didn't really mean anything like, oh, maybe spreading responsibility around the team?  Dropped passes and etc?

2) therefore the writer believes Goff is responsible for the missed field goal

You then go on to "what else was he supposed to do?" which is apparently intended as rhetorical, but is an addressable question

What else is Goff AND THE RAMS supposed to do -

Oh, kinda like other teams who have lost a game by a missed FG, maybe play differently all around so the game doesn't turn on a missed FG at the end?

It was a fair question.If Zeurlein makes the kick, are you questioning Goff’s “clutch gene”? 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wilson is the best QB in the NFL 3 years running.

He is phenomenal. He is a much better QB now than the guy who won a Superbowl. This Seattle team has a legit championship shot despite being nowhere near their SB team in any other facets. Wilson is now on that level where the whole team runs through him.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, GunnerBill said:

He is phenomenal. He is a much better QB now than the guy who won a Superbowl. This Seattle team has a legit championship shot despite being nowhere near their SB team in any other facets. Wilson is now on that level where the whole team runs through him.

He IS that team.  The most exciting player in the NFL year after year.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wilson is the best QB in the NFL 3 years running.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

He IS that team.  The most exciting player in the NFL year after year.

He's done very well for not being black enough.

The dude is phenomenal.

• Haha (+1) 1