jw digs on Frank Gore

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Mayyyyyybe.........but it's Wawrow not Wowrow.........show the man some respect........Wowrow sounds like something you get your dog to say so he can get a treat.:thumbsup:    

Meh potato pototo.....but yeah, I knew you were still a little bitter   ?

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

He owns who he is: a 36 year old running back in a VERY young mans league. Absolutely love it and Gore is da man!

An aside: I think it is in the Bills app where he talks about feeding off the young guys. Impressive that he recognizes it and has found ways around Father Time. 

Gore just quietly goes about his business and lets his play do the talking. He invests in himself and places an urgency on his game. If I were a teammate of Gore's, It would be humbling, and I probably wouldn't complain about much.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Gore just quietly goes about his business and lets his play do the talking. He invests in himself and places an urgency on his game. If I were a teammate of Gore's, It would be humbling, and I probably wouldn't complain about much.

Hopefully motor (Singletary) is taking notes. I lke the kid and he is learning the game from a HOF'er!......

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It’s reasonable to be skeptical about a 35 year old RB. He was very good on Miami last year, too, but it’s not crazy to think he has to slow at some point. But it sure ain’t this year. 

All you gotta do is look at his stats.  Fifteen years; 12 of them are for 800+.  11 are 900+.  Nine are 1000+.

The guy is an absolute machine.  The signing was excellent before the ink dried.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GoreFr00.htm

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Hopefully motor (Singletary) is taking notes. I lke the kid and he is learning the game from a HOF'er!......

Gore is a good guy for Singletary to emulate. Gore is a selfless player and a good teammate.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

jw in an interview with Gore asks if he changed his running style after so long. Gore says you have to watch the film. Wawrow says, “Did they have film back then?”  Ha. Nice one. 

The irony is they really did use film way back then.  Now they just use that new fangled digital stuff.

• Haha (+1) 3

Frank's presence on the Bills will have long-lasting positive impact on Devin Singletary.  Just like Kyle Williams on Harrison Philips; Just like Lorax on Edmunds and Milano; Just like Derek Anderson on Josh; .....I like the "seasoned and accomplished vet in each position room" strategy

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/3/2019 at 7:44 PM, Jay_Fixit said:

Of the possible candidates of who I thought “jw” was. John Wawrow wasn’t one of them.

Seriously? If I'm not mistaken you've been on here for a long enough time you should have known that. Did you think it was a jehovah's witness?

Loving what Frank Gore is bringing to the table for us!

Edited by beerme1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JoeF said:

Frank's presence on the Bills will have long-lasting positive impact on Devin Singletary.  Just like Kyle Williams on Harrison Philips; Just like Lorax on Edmunds and Milano; Just like Derek Anderson on Josh; .....I like the "seasoned and accomplished vet in each position room" strategy

McBeane deserve props for understanding the importance of this type of thing. 

When the Bills drafted Sammy Watkins I was banging the drum for them to sign Anquan Bolden to mentor him.    Bolden was once the top HS player in the country so he understood being the golden boy.......being knocked down many pegs by injuries......and then figuring out how to go from injury prone/riddled into a great NFL player.    And he was from Sammy's neck of the woods with family members that knew each other etc...........so he was LITERALLY the best guy too bring in to show Sammy what to do.....and more importantly what not to do.    Like not to break your body over-training in the offseason.   I believe McBeane signed Anquan for that purpose but then decided that Sammy was too set in his ways by then.    I disagree but I think the fact that they recognized the need was important.  

• Like (+1) 3