Bills release Conor McDermott; claimed off waivers by Jets

YoloinOhio

McDermott can help us the next time we play the Jets by playing .... Let me be the first to Thank you Conor.

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Or Byron Marshall...if DiMarco hasnt cleared protocol and Singletary can't play we can't go into a game with only 2 RBs...

Meh .... We'll just have Barkley throw 50 passes ?

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Spell checkers?

wtf did you just call me.

16 hours ago, CSBill said:

Na, it's too fun seeing it posted every week and watching the poster get roasted by the TBD spell-checkers.

we have a job to do.
try not to be the hater.
Christian Wade.  Cannot and Will not play this season. end sentence. full stop.

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Is anyone else pretty shocked this guy was claimed? I thought there was zero chance he wasn’t available for the practice squad after he cleared waivers. 

I hear the Jets need spleens.

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

If Nsehke can't go, who is the active backup tackle?

ryan Bates?  He played tackle at PSU but really is better at guard. 

I think Bates is the consensus on here.  ?  No ideal backup T’s, although

Bates likely better than McDermott.  

Cody Ford has struggled at tackle from everything I have seen. 

(We) haven't solved that position for a number of years of now.  At least this FO tried with Ford, but I think it may be back to the drawing board next off season.  

10 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I think Bates is the consensus on here.  ?  No ideal backup T’s, although

Bates likely better than McDermott.  

I would think by the fact that McDermott was cut Bates is seen as better by his everyday coaches.

4 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Ike Boettger played a ton of RT at Iowa. He's been mostly a guard here, but he has experience playing out there. One of he or Bates is probably the backup. 

Id like to see Ford build some momentum with consistent playing time there this week. 

Let’s hope that’s the case. Sometimes that works for a player. We need you to step up. Ford seems like his personality might respond favorably to this. He also seems to have that classic olineman demeanor of wanting to protect his QB. This should be heightened with Allen coming off injury. It takes a certain mindset to be a good olineman. Tough, smart, and protective. 

5 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Ike Boettger played a ton of RT at Iowa. He's been mostly a guard here, but he has experience playing out there. One of he or Bates is probably the backup. 

Id like to see Ford build some momentum with consistent playing time there this week. 

Good point.  I forgot that he played tackle at Iowa.  

20 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

wtf did you just call me.

we have a job to do.
try not to be the hater.
Christian Wade.  Cannot and Will not play this season. end sentence. full stop.

I know, I know! Just bust'en on the numerous people that don't seem to get that ... not the mods, I love and appreciate the mods. Mods are my friend!