Expand Baseball Playoffs...

LabattBlue

51 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I love hockey, but less is more in my opinion.

i don't watch hockey, i watch the Leafs

they should have a nice regular season and then lose to Boston again in the playoffs.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:30 AM, Gordio said:

I am a lifelong Mets fan but also had extra incentive that year to route on the Mets.  I put a futures bet at Harrah's in March for the Mets to make it to the World Series.  Put in $150 bet at 8-1 odds which would of paid a cool $1,200.  To this day I can't believe beltran struck out looking down a run with the bases loaded from that curve ball from Wainright to end the game.  Unbelievable.  

To be a little fair, that was a sick pitch from Wainwright.  Even if Beltran swung, I doubt he even fouls it off.

I was at that game.  Fans were PISSED OFF heading out of the stadium.

1 hour ago, snafu said:

To be a little fair, that was a sick pitch from Wainwright.  Even if Beltran swung, I doubt he even fouls it off.

Also because Wainwright was a rookie nobody IIRC.  Beltran might have gotten more slack if everyone understand how good Wainwright was going to be.

But yeah, that certainly put a damper on his Mets career.  And turned Endy's all-time catch and Ollie's wonderful (and shocking) start into mostly forgotten footnotes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, snafu said:

Didn't he watch all three strikes?  

2 hours ago, snafu said:

I re-watched it just now.  He took the first and third pitches.  Fouled off the second pitch.

Interesting.  I would have bet anybody that he never swung the bat.............My memory is not what it used to be! 

33 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

And Dodgers!

Dave Roberts with the worst post season managing job since Grady Little.

Dodgers puss out 95% of the time in the playoffs

very very very passive organization and way of playing the game and player personalities

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:30 AM, Gordio said:

I am a lifelong Mets fan but also had extra incentive that year to route on the Mets.  I put a futures bet at Harrah's in March for the Mets to make it to the World Series.  Put in $150 bet at 8-1 odds which would of paid a cool $1,200.  To this day I can't believe beltran struck out looking down a run with the bases loaded from that curve ball from Wainright to end the game.  Unbelievable.  

Watching him stand there and watch strike three scarred me for life.

It is EASILY on my Top 5 most pissed off at something sports-related moments in my life.

I'm getting pissed as I type this.  That ***** bum.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It is EASILY on my Top 5 most pissed off at something sports-related moments in my life.

the worst of the pits of cheering for teams....

1) Ronnie Harmon

2)  can't even think of anything in this wheelhouse...

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Beltran

Harmon

Timo Perez -- game 1 goat in 2000

Familia -- game 1 goat in 2015 with this stupid ***** quick pitch that Alex Gordon was just sitting on.  :censored:

......there's a #5 and for some reason I'm blanking on it right now.  (no, not Norwood).

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Beltran

Harmon

Timo Perez -- game 1 goat in 2000

Familia -- game 1 goat in 2015 with this stupid ***** quick pitch that Alex Gordon was just sitting on.  :censored:

......there's a #5 and for some reason I'm blanking on it right now.  (no, not Norwood).

How about Glavine remembering his Braves roots on the final day of the season, on which the Mets just needed to beat the ***** Marlins to get into the playoffs. 

That scumbag gave up seven first-inning runs.  To the ***** Marlins.  That put the exclamation point on the infamous collapse of 2007.

WHY THE ***** ARE WE DOING THIS TO OURSELVES TODAY?!!??!?!?

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Gugny said:

...and they're bringing him in to interview for the manager vacancy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

...and they're bringing him in to interview for the manager vacancy. 

I was just about to type that...

I could forgive that strikeout as it was a nasty pitch and he had an MVP kind of season that year.

But I want no part of him as manager.  Dude has the personality of a brick wall