Expand Baseball Playoffs...

LabattBlue

6 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I was just about to type that...

I could forgive that strikeout as it was a nasty pitch and he had an MVP kind of season that year.

But I want no part of him as manager.  Dude has the personality of a brick wall 

It was a hanging curve ball that should have been jacked.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

And Dodgers!

Dave Roberts with the worst post season managing job since Grady Little.

Ho-lee Moses!!!

I turned it off at 3-1 in the 6th.  The Nats weren't doing anything and I gave them no chance!!!

Wow.  The Dodgers need to change things up at this point.  Too many chances and no results.

Astros better take heed tonite.  Losing to the Rays will be a bigger upset than the Nats taking out the Dodgers.

33 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It was a hanging curve ball that should have been jacked.

You know, I posted earlier that I thought it was a good pitch and then re-watched it yesterday and you're right.  It hung up high in the zone.  I think my memory of Beltran's jelly legs made me think it was a better pitch than it actually was.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Watching him stand there and watch strike three scarred me for life.

It is EASILY on my Top 5 most pissed off at something sports-related moments in my life.

I'm getting pissed as I type this.  That ***** bum.

Totally agree.  I Literally after that happened turned the Tv off & starred at the blank screen of the TV in the dark for a good hour.  My wife was actually quite concerned for my well being that night.

On 10/9/2019 at 1:23 PM, snafu said:

To be a little fair, that was a sick pitch from Wainwright.  Even if Beltran swung, I doubt he even fouls it off.

I was at that game.  Fans were PISSED OFF heading out of the stadium.

That was a great game, I got fond memories of Endy Chavez who was always a favorite of mine climbing the wall in LF to rob that homer.   I agree with Gungy, I thought Wainwright hung it a bit.

Edited by Gordio

9 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Totally agree.  I Literally after that happened turned the Tv off & starred at the blank screen of the TV in the dark for a good hour.  My wife was actually quite concerned for my well being that night.

And don't EVEN get me started on Willie Randolph.

Goddammit, there goes my blood pressure.

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And don't EVEN get me started on Willie Randolph.

Goddammit, there goes my blood pressure.

Haha, yes, to be a Mets fan, the heartbreak.  The only thing I could compare it to is being a Bills fan.  Unfortunately I am both.  I told my son when he was 4 to be a Yankees fan, you will have less heartbreak in your life.  He is now 15 & he didn't listen to me.  Heis as big of mets fan as I am.  

& I do remember that Marlins game.  Me & my son both threw our jerseys off after the final out & said we are going to be Red Sox fans.  That lasted about 3 minutes.  I never thought Glavine looked right in Blue & Orange.

Edited by Gordio

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

Haha, yes, to be a Mets fan, the heartbreak.  The only thing I could compare it to is being a Bills fan.  Unfortunately I am both.  I told my son when he was 4 to be a Yankees fan, you will have less heartbreak in your life.  He is now 15 & he didn't listen to me.  Heis as big of mets fan as I am.  

& I do remember that Marlins game.  Me & my son both threw our jerseys off after the final out & said we are going to be Red Sox fans.  That lasted about 3 minutes.  I never thought Glavine looked right in Blue & Orange.

Agree 100%.  He made Pedro look like a life-long Met.