How the Pats exploited the Bills Special Teams

Protocal69

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Even if that was the play - the snap was basically on the ground.  

I imagine the teams guys are getting drilled pretty hard this week on what to do in those situations.  

It was a subpar snap, but the main point of the article remains

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

It was a subpar snap, but the main point of the article remains

In that situation - I'd bring the guys in and punt it out of bounds... 4th and 15 or whatever is a long conversion and you're backed up.  But if that was 4th and 5 from the 35+?  I'm probably saying take that snap and throw it up to johnson past the sticks... its a what 30 yard throw to the outside with 0 coverage - i can make that throw.  

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

me thinks you missed my point. 

They Exploited one play ... whoop de do 

Or I was trying to give you some credit since your point appears to be that giving up a blocked punt for a TD was no big deal in a game where each defense only gave up one TD and one FG.   And that somehow kicking another FG would have made up for it.

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Or I was trying to give you some credit since your point appears to be that giving up a blocked punt for a TD was no big deal in a game where each defense only gave up one TD and one FG.   And that somehow kicking another FG would have made up for it.

thanks ... 

Had they made and gotten the FG then the score is down to 3. 

Late in the 4th QTR the Bills only needed 3 to tie the game and not 6.   

Housch has been very good 50  +.  Take the shot and tie the game and hope to win the toss in OT versus a MUST get TD. 

13 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Can we please move on from this ***** game?

No....embrace the game....talk about the game....discuss how mistakes can be fixed...or pretend it didn't happen and use that cute catch phrase " on to Tennessee".....anyway discussions like these are therapeutic. 

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

thanks ... 

Had they made and gotten the FG then the score is down to 3. 

Late in the 4th QTR the Bills only needed 3 to tie the game and not 6.   

Housch has been very good 50  +.  Take the shot and tie the game and hope to win the toss in OT versus a MUST get TD. 

Except they never got close enough to try another FG.  They had their backup QB and couldn't stop the Pats pass rush and turned the ball over on their last possession.   How would that have been different?   Not to mention, SH had already missed from 49.  And you're assuming NE couldn't respond.  And you're assuming they'd win in OT without Allen.

All that instead of simply getting one yard to actually take the lead in the Q4??   Sorry....they made the right call and couldn't execute.   Sometimes that happens.

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No....embrace the game....talk about the game....discuss how mistakes can be fixed...or pretend it didn't happen and use that cute catch phrase " on to Tennessee".....anyway discussions like these are therapeutic. 

95% of the threads/posts here are vanilla garbage, here we have an instance of blatant, frankly irrefutable poor coaching and people want to ignore it, we are "beating a dead horse," blah blah blah.

That punt was, as the score stands pretty much the game.  We allowed the PAts something which  is unforgivable for a well coached NFL team, a gimme.

Special teams coordinator needs to be held accountable.  I think this is borderline a fire-able offense to let this go on week after week.  Not genius on the part of the Pats, hard work and common sense.

16 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

95% of the threads/posts here are vanilla garbage, here we have an instance of blatant, frankly irrefutable poor coaching and people want to ignore it, we are "beating a dead horse," blah blah blah.

That punt was, as the score stands pretty much the game.  We allowed the PAts something which  is unforgivable for a well coached NFL team, a gimme.

Special teams coordinator needs to be held accountable.  I think this is borderline a fire-able offense to let this go on week after week.  Not genius on the part of the Pats, hard work and common sense.

Brady's 46 yard completion, the punt block, Brady's INT at the end of a 90 yard cakewalk drive, those were the main points of the game.

37 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

me thinks you missed my point. 

They Exploited one play ... whoop de do 

A lot of rings have come from exploiting one play.

See it’s a football life and the story line about that Russel Wilson pick in the Super Bowl. 

It is fascinating how good they are at seeing stuff on film 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You have a funny idea of what the word "therapeutic" means.