PREDICTION: Will Josh Allen Play This Sunday vs Tennessee?

Will Josh Allen Play This Sunday vs Tennessee?  

272 members have voted

1. 1. Will Josh Allen Play This Sunday vs Tennessee?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Prediction or wishful thinking?

I guess I might be the only one that would be happy if Barkley plays. I need to see if the problem is the OL, WRs, or just some horrible throws.

If Josh Allen is completely recovered then I can live with the decision....

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 2

If he clears protocol, he obviously starts.  And he's pretty close to clearing protocol, so yeah sure, my guess is that he starts.

4 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

I think barkley is going to start the game with allen backing him up...but if barkley sucks royal knob i think allen will enter the game...if barkley does good and puts us in position to control the game and win then allen rests until after the bye

Something like this is the least likely outcome IMO.  Allen can't be the backup unless he's been cleared to play, and if he's cleared to play he's the starter.  Allen either starts, or he's inactive.  

Edited by BillsFanSD
  • Like (+1) 3

As per Chris Brown, Josh Allen is in stage 4 of the protocol.  Stage 5 is fully cleared for contact.  Today was the first day of preparation for the Titans game.  Josh was there, and participated in practice, just not contact.  As a QB, he wears the red jersey in practice anyway.  Maybe he took things a little easy, but he apparently was not VERY limited.   There was no reason for him not to participate in meetings as well.  By Sunday, he will have had a full week of preparation.  Progress through the protocol cannot be charted in advance.  However, the fact that Josh has proceeded through it at the fastest pace possible to this point suggests he could reach stage 5 - full clearance- as soon as tomorrow.  I think he is more likely to start than is Barkley, based on what has happened thus far this week.  With concussions you either have it or you don't.  If Allen is clears the protocol, he should in theory be at no greater risk of recurrence than he would a year from now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

I guess I might be the only one that would be happy if Barkley plays. I need to see if the problem is the OL, WRs, or just some horrible throws.

If Josh Allen is completely recovered then I can live with the decision....

I hope so

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

You hope the starting QB doesn't play?

I don’t buy the NFL’s concussion protocol and don’t want him in an unsafe position. Would I like to see him play? Of course, but only if it’s safe. A game is not worth a person’s safety 

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

I think he will.    I also think House and Medium are the worst tv shows to ever air.  

Watching house makes me think if my toe has an itch I might have an ear infection I obtained from Russia, even if ive never been there

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Adam said:

I don’t buy the NFL’s concussion protocol and don’t want him in an unsafe position. Would I like to see him play? Of course, but only if it’s safe. A game is not worth a person’s safety 

I think this coaching staff has shown that they are willing to let guys heal up. They've been cautious with players, in my opinion.

McDermott said today when asked if a week off would be good like last year to watch and learn more and he said there is no experience rep for playing.

If he passes concussion protocol he will play, i think they are making Tenn prep for with and without Allen.

With that said today taking part in drills and him in stage four he just needs to rep tomorrow and pass the independent Dr e v a l for concussion and he is clear to play and I think he will.

If Allen is 100% cleared and has no symptoms, fine, play him.  If there's any doubt, sit him and give him the three week break.  

Actually I think he might have needed a break anyway.  He looked lost at times against the Pats.  Of course that's a great defense that makes a lot of QBs look bad, but Allen was astoundingly bad.  A little break to regroup might be good for him.  Barkley has proven himself and with a full week to prep as the starter I think he'll do fine.  But, NO RUNNING Matt.

19 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Whether Josh plays Sunday or not, I hope the coaching staff dedicates a certain part of practice for Josh to learn how to slide.  Just run and slide feet first, over and over again.  

And rolling out to either side and trying to hit a select target 10 rows up. 

I heard on guys on the XM nfl radio the other day saying holmgren used to dedicate a portion of practice to Favre rolling to either side and chucking it into the stands for reps. 

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

And rolling out to either side and trying to hit a select target 10 rows up. 

I heard on guys on the XM nfl radio the other day saying holmgren used to dedicate a portion of practice to Favre rolling to either side and chucking it into the stands for reps. 

Right.  Throw it away when nothing is there rather than force it into a bad situation and get it picked off.  Favre still struggled with that late into his career.  Hopefully Josh will learn a little quicker than Brett.

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Right.  Throw it away when nothing is there rather than force it into a bad situation and get it picked off.  Favre still struggled with that late into his career.  Hopefully Josh will learn a little quicker than Brett.

Ya. As I was driving and listening I thought myself “did it actually work?” Lolol