Who has played football professionally, or tried out at that level?

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Crew is a B word! It’s not for pansies. Congrats on that hard work. I did it in HS for a bit. Worked my butt off and never saw the water. Turns out they had 3 times as many kids as seats, and I was one day away. Last kid out....oops! 

Lived in Sarasota, FL where they have a big international venue now. Very cool draw to the area. 

That sarasota course is absolutely world class. 

Thank you for the kind words. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

That sarasota course is absolutely world class. 

Thank you for the kind words. 

Most importantly, it’s across from Casa di Pizza! Need your awesome Buffalo pizza carbs after that kind of workout!   ?

11 hours ago, Mango said:

I rowed (crew) on the US National team for a few years, and lived at the Olympic Training Center. 

Sweet, always wanted to be an Olympian. I was a good wrestler but not that good and i sucked at Olympic weight lifting. If Powerlifting was in, i would have been golden.

6 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The closest that I got to the college football field was eating at the training table at Doak Campbell Stadium and running into Bobby Bowden and Mickey Andrews. The food was good and there were future pros there like Kamerion Wimbley, so it was a pretty cool experience. 

You’re......Rob Ryan?!?!

?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

2 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Lol yes. 

Awesome.  Congrats on a great college career and making great memories 

I once had an ESPN the Magazine with you on the cover that sat in my bathroom for several months.  Thank god for smart phones!  No more of those magazines cluttering the throne room.  

"A Few Seconds of Panic: A Sportswriter Plays in the NFL" is a fun book on the subject.  Author, NPR journalist and Scrabble master Stefan Fatsis tries out to become a kicker on the Broncos. 

https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asin=B001BAGW3W&preview=newtab&linkCode=kpe&ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_on0LDbDV9R8D0

Fun story about a regular Joe, trying to make the NFL...

And no football for me.  The only pros I know stand sideways on boards or ride bikes :beer: 

I had a full ride for Cal but hurt my shoulder and lost it.

Oh wait, that wasnt me.

I have played baseball most of my life, and I cant count the number of people I have encountered who claim to have had a full scholarship and hurt their shoulder before they attended.  Then you look at their mechanics on a ballfield and determine there is no way this individual even started on his high school varsity team.

football?  Tons of sandlot football, 2 years of little league (didnt like it) and recreational flag football in college.  Looking back at it, I think I could have been a good high school HB.  

When I fist started at UB, someone came over to the student section and asked if someone wanted to come catch punts on the field at halftime

In my wasted drunken stupor, i accepted this challenge thinking back to the one day in HS football that I actually caught the punt before getting blasted and fumbling.

Walked down onto the field. UB was playing Pitt that day and the Pitt QB ended up rushing for a TD right in front of me and I realized how big he was and suddenly realized that me trying to go out and catch a punt as the halftime entertainment while drunk may not have been the best idea. But alas, I walked onto the field and proceeded to drop every single one before finally tripping, ripping my shirt and being walked off the field (mercifully).

I knew then, I may not have what it takes to play college football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I played football in high school but was promptly dismissed from my position when I pulled a Percy Harvin......man, I smoked a mother ass blunt before a game and decided to chase grasshoppers on the field, rather than chase the play.

Everyone was disappointed.....and me?.......well, in my mind, it was the best game I ever played and I still stand behind that notion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mickey said:

I never made it out of training camp but my parents do have an aerial shot of me playing in an exhibition game,  I'm the guy in the "34" jersey:

Image result for vibrating football game

Those players ??? do the same thing most 7-9 year olds do in peewee football -  spin around in circles when the ball is snapped.