Who has played football professionally, or tried out at that level?

Just now, row_33 said:

sousaphone, got to dot the V

?  I wasn’t saying anything, I was sneezing!

20 hours ago, Mango said:

St. Joes. Graduated in 05 

20 hours ago, aristocrat said:

I was canisius 01

Rowers who are still rowing in Grade 12 are some dedicated and hardcore athletes.  They also have probably burned out all their pain receptors.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DBilz2500 said:

A lot of “inaccuracy” is based on poor decision making and trying to force things. Very common for young QBs. Footwork, which is very coachable, also has a big determination on ball placement and throwing accuracy 

Yea I've been coaching and scouting for 20 years.. Wyoming is not a region I touch tho so I never got to see Allen live..  all I heard were the myths around him

I've definitely seen a huge improvement in footwork from his last season in Wyoming to now

36 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea I've been coaching and scouting for 20 years.. Wyoming is not a region I touch tho so I never got to see Allen live..  all I heard were the myths around him

I've definitely seen a huge improvement in footwork from his last season in Wyoming to now

Yes he was very much a raw product coming out and he was always gonna take the most time out  of all the 18’ prospects 

14 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Yes he was very much a raw product coming out and he was always gonna take the most time out  of all the 18’ prospects 

This is why I don't get all the overreaction here, and people wanting Barkley to start, and calling him a bust

He is tremendously talented , but because of missing a season at Wyoming, relying on arm strength over fundamentals and mechanics, and generally playing too much hero ball because he is usually one of the best athletes on the field... 

He has really not learned yet how to play the QB position properly... And with all the nuances it would be maddening to think he has it down pat 15 starts in

With Josh, patience will be a virtue

I played 4 years of HS all conference 2 years in Livingston County, played 2 years of college ball at the University of Saint Mary, an NAIA school in Leavenworth, KS. 

Coached HS ball in NY for 9 years, was a football recruiting asst at a D1 school for 2 years, and a football recruiting coordinator for a couple of D3 schools in Pennsylvania 

I played "football" with friends as a teen. 

My athletic career started and ended playing baseball for the St Andrews Mustangs (Town of Tonawanda), 2nd or 3rd string outfielder.

In Army basic training, I went up against a high school athlete when we did the pugil sticks (giant Q-tips you beat each other with). My opponent had strength and balance. I got my butt kicked in short order.

During the final physical testing session, they mis-counted and gave me an extra back-and-forth on the monkey bars. Because of that, I got the E-2 stripe, while my more athletic buddy did not. 

Kudos to all you guys who coach kids or officiate games. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Tried out at Virginia Tech, missed the last cut. Moved on to helmet testing and hung out with the guys anyway.

“Alright young man, sit here wearing the newest helmet design.  My assistant Beaker will administer the next test”.

WHAM!  ???

”Thank you, young man.  Here’s your $10, and your coupon for a free Whopper at BK”.

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

This is why I don't get all the overreaction here, and people wanting Barkley to start, and calling him a bust

He is tremendously talented , but because of missing a season at Wyoming, relying on arm strength over fundamentals and mechanics, and generally playing too much hero ball because he is usually one of the best athletes on the field... 

He has really not learned yet how to play the QB position properly... And with all the nuances it would be maddening to think he has it down pat 15 starts in

With Josh, patience will be a virtue

I am happy to have Josh and believe he gives us the best chance to win each week on top of his long-term potential. The Pats would have feasted on Barkley's lack of velocity and been able to shut down the run/plays into the flat and slot. Barkley can win games against teams with weaknesses in the secondary/ability to lead receivers against teams like the Jets, but the Pats would be able to play tight coverage against our outside and deep balls knowing that Barkley is not a mobile threat and reliant on open space for his receivers to make a play. That being said, I do wonder if Josh would benefit from 1-2 games observing from the bench and getting his mind/body in shape. Watching the offense from a position where he has no impact on the result of the play could help him to be more disciplined and not feel that he has to try to be the hero and make a play every down, and prioritize just taking what the defense gives him rapidly (which is when he manages strong drives and avoids putting himself in a situation to take hits or force balls out of desperation. I don't think we are better against the Titans with Barkley instead of a healthy Allen, but a game seeing the offense from the bench next to Daboll as he fully recovers from the concussion could be what he needs after showing overall progress paired with streaks like Q1 vs. the Pats that determine too many games. He seemed more decisive and sharper after being out for a few weeks last year (+ Foster giving him a competent receiver/deep threat) and focusing on film and mechanics through the bye week could be just what he needs. 

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

“Alright young man, sit here wearing the newest helmet design.  My assistant Beaker will administer the next test”.

WHAM!  ???

”Thank you, young man.  Here’s your $10, and your coupon for a free Whopper at BK”.

Lol close! No, but really it's quite the testing operation they have going on there.

• Like (+1) 1