Who has played football professionally, or tried out at that level?

So I never played anything other than in the NYS adult league. This was back in '05 I was like 19. It was the same league the Buffalo Gladiators played in... I played for the Lyndonville Tigers... I played kind of a nickel linebacker role... We were playing the CNY Express and they had a guy named Chris Bresnahan... He was on the Patriots at one time... I was the 12th guy on the field and I put a hit on him. That's the closest I ever got to NFL action lol.

On 10/2/2019 at 3:49 PM, keepthefaith said:

If you're counting semi-pro, why not include D-I college ball?

Ah, I get it - very sneaky...and so true now, particularly with what California just enacted...can't wait for the NCAA's reaction to that.

36 minutes ago, akcash said:

So I never played anything other than in the NYS adult league. This was back in '05 I was like 19. It was the same league the Buffalo Gladiators played in... I played for the Lyndonville Tigers... I played kind of a nickel linebacker role... We were playing the CNY Express and they had a guy named Chris Bresnahan... He was on the Patriots at one time... I was the 12th guy on the field and I put a hit on him. That's the closest I ever got to NFL action lol.

12 guy on the field?

On 10/3/2019 at 1:42 PM, Mango said:

I rowed (crew) on the US National team for a few years, and lived at the Olympic Training Center. 

What high school did you go to? I was a lightweight 140 in high school but didn’t have grades for an Ivy League school. 

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:00 PM, MJS said:

I always kind of think of what I could have done football wise. I'm 6'3" and can run a 4.4 in the 40 and I have always been among the most athletic people that I know. I set the high jump record at my middle school and high school. Played WR. I played in high school but we moved around so much growing up that I never really had a chance to do anything. I felt like I was pretty good. I played ball with people who played on college teams and could always play to their level.

BUT, I have always been injury prone, so I think I would have been one of those guys that has skills but is always injured.

Is that you Al Bundy?

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

What made you a Bills fan?

My aunt and cousins are lifelong western New Yorkers and as little kids we grew up visiting them every summer and holidays here n there. Been a big fan since the early super bowl years. 

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Cool , what do you think about Josh Allen?

Insanely athletic, incredible arm, more accurate than people give him credit for, needs to stop being the hero and stop being so sloppy with the ball. Love his leadership and intangibles. Footwork is better but still needs consistency. 

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

Awesome.  Congrats on a great college career and making great memories 

I once had an ESPN the Magazine with you on the cover that sat in my bathroom for several months.  Thank god for smart phones!  No more of those magazines cluttering the throne room.  

Haha I didn’t think anybody would even guess or remember who I was. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

My aunt and cousins are lifelong western New Yorkers and as little kids we grew up visiting them every summer and holidays here n there. Been a big fan since the early super bowl years. 

Insanely athletic, incredible arm, more accurate than people give him credit for, needs to stop being the hero and stop being so sloppy with the ball. Love his leadership and intangibles. Footwork is better but still needs consistency. 

Haha I didn’t think anybody would even guess or remember who I was. 

I never bought into the inaccurate label once I saw him live

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I never bought into the inaccurate label once I saw him live

A lot of “inaccuracy” is based on poor decision making and trying to force things. Very common for young QBs. Footwork, which is very coachable, also has a big determination on ball placement and throwing accuracy