Who has played football professionally, or tried out at that level?

A few searches through the forums yielded no results, so I’ll start a new topic.  Who has played at a professional level, or tried out at that level?  Semi pro counts as well.  In the spirit of total disclosure, I never played higher than pick up street or playground football, and usually was among the last to be picked.  ?  Moderators, my apologies if this was better posted in ‘Off the Wall’.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I'm a professional football watcher.

Who’s paying you? I’ve been doing out for FREE all this time! How do I sign up? 

I never played past HS, played rugby in college with a guy who was briefly on the Redskins as a DB. He couldn’t hang in the league, and he was an absolute FREAK! These guys are CRAZY athletes! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I never played past HS, played rugby in college with a guy who was briefly on the Redskins as a DB. He couldn’t hang in the league, and he was an absolute FREAK! These guys are CRAZY athletes! 

I do it pro bono.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

......my 4.5 forty wasn't good enough.....said 4 hrs and 30 minutes was a bit slow.....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 17
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I always kind of think of what I could have done football wise. I'm 6'3" and can run a 4.4 in the 40 and I have always been among the most athletic people that I know. I set the high jump record at my middle school and high school. Played WR. I played in high school but we moved around so much growing up that I never really had a chance to do anything. I felt like I was pretty good. I played ball with people who played on college teams and could always play to their level.

BUT, I have always been injury prone, so I think I would have been one of those guys that has skills but is always injured.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

great topic!   and for those who say "played in college," let us know where.  Anywhere is impressive! 

I played in middle school, had # 82 for Don Beebe.  Then did cross country and track in HS.  Sometimes wish I continued football.   

Edited by RyanC883

I played HS and some college until I hurt my knee and then left college early to pursue some business opportunities.  Was never going to have a real shot at going pro, I wasn’t fast enough before I hurt my knee let alone after lol.  

I did later also play in a flag football league with former NFL guys like Chris McCalister and also some lesser ex players and former college guys too.  Damn Chris was so fast still.  Imagine some middle aged average joes who were never very fast even in their prime trying to cover Chris and his friends lol, it wasn’t pretty hahaha.  Let’s just say we changed leagues to the Venice co-Ed two hand touch league instead where we became champs lmao.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2