Several Bills mentioned in the Athletic's All-Rookie Team (at the quarter mark of the season)

blacklabel

Subscription required to check out the whole article as it's The Athletic. 

Dane Brugler, a pretty good draft analyst who used to work for CBS (I think) and is now over at the Athletic, put together his All-Rookie Team after the first quarter of the season. 

Devin Singletary, Cody Ford, and Dawson Knox all received honorable mentions, while Ed Oliver was named as his top rookie DT so far. He did mention that Quinnen Williams has missed two games while other rookie DTs like Christian Wilkins, Jerry Tillery, etc. have gotten off to slow starts. 

An excerpt on Oliver: "...he has flashed the disruptive qualities that made him a top-10 pick. His quickness off the snap surprises interior blockers, either opening rush lanes or clogging up the run design."

So far, so good with Beane's 2019 picks. Going back to the start of the McBeane era they have drafted the following players who have become starters or at least contributors: Tre White, Zay Jones, Dion Dawkins, Matt Milano, Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmunds, Harrison Phillips, Taron Johnson, Siran Neal, Ed Oliver, Cody Ford, Devin Singletary, and Dawson Knox. And I feel pretty good about their 7th round guys this year in Darryl Johnson and Tommy Sweeney. They've definitely hit more than missed. 

• Like (+1) 1

So this guy Dane Brugler doesn't know that Whaley drafted Tre White? LOL He must have read that "McBeane" drafted him in this forum.

Our 3rd and 7th round picks were excellent, in hindsight. The jury is still out on Oliver and Ford. I will say this for Oliver. He's picking up a lot of double teams and that is helping the run defense. I think the facts that they are giving him extra attention and Edmunds is looking so much better against the run are not unrelated.

Edited by GreggTX