Help with Parking this weekend at Nissan Stadium

AtlBills

Nashville used to have fre busesbut ended it last month

http://www.nashvillemta.org/news/pub172.pdf

this map is a good downtown map.

there is parking all over downtown.  The stadium is on the east side of the river from downtown.

denumbrun going west of the map after crossing 40 is where Vanderbilt is located salons  with centennial park.

my brother lives  just off the bottom left corner near the gulch. It’s a bout a 30 min walk from there to the stadium.  There are likely also bus routes you can take.

https://www.nashvillemta.org/Nashville-MTA-Maps-and-Schedules.asp

other bus route map

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Does Nashville have e-scooters? Might have to take one from the hotel. Can you get a DUI on an e-scooter?

In June someone was killed on a scooter. The mayor said he’d ban them.

There were new rules this summer....yes you can get DUI.  They are not allowed after 10/11 at night.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2019/07/16/nashville-scooters-rules-metro-council-vote/1736120001/

nashville also is a big bachelorette part town where they have the beer trolleys.

Edited by djp14150

6 hours ago, CBD said:

There's parking at the Music City Center  (201 5th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203), or there's a garage next to the Ryman (401 Commerce St, Nashville, TN 37203). Both are then walkable to the stadium if you use the Pedestrian Bridge. Would then set you up nicely if you wanted to go out after the game on Broadway. 

This is the correct answer. Pre-game at the bars on Broadway, pedestrian bridge to the stadium, back to Broadway after the game. Music City center is my go to for Titans and Predators games. Easy access in and out.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Well what ya do is, as you come into the lot, slow way down, turn into a parking spot, when your all the way in put the brakes on all the way, put the shifter in “N” or “P”  then turn off the ignition and put on the parking brake. That’s it, ? next ???  you’re Golden.

you forgot “be sure to pull through if you can”

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

This is the correct answer. Pre-game at the bars on Broadway, pedestrian bridge to the stadium, back to Broadway after the game. Music City center is my go to for Titans and Predators games. Easy access in and out.

Not sure about pre-game downtown. Looks like Rippy’s doesn’t open until 11:00am, and it’s a noon game Nashville time. You need to be getting to the stadium by the time they open! 

Going to the Pred’s game Saturday night. Used to have a condo in Green Hills, love the town! We are staying in a hotel near Vandy and plan to Uber to the game like we did last time. Worked fine, and didn’t leave a car at the stadium when we walked over the bridge into downtown. I’ll probably wander to the Gulch for 4:00 games, then eat and Uber back to hotel. My son will leave early, Ubering to airport to make work the next morning. 

Since I didn’t drive last time, I’m not sure how the lots work. I know the bus/RV lot was a little south of the stadium and was PACKED with Bills fans! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

Not sure about pre-game downtown. Looks like Rippy’s doesn’t open until 11:00am, and it’s a noon game Nashville time. You need to be getting to the stadium by the time they open! 

Going to the Pred’s game Saturday night. Used to have a condo in Green Hills, love the town! We are staying in a hotel near Vandy and plan to Uber to the game like we did last time. Worked fine, and didn’t leave a car at the stadium when we walked over the bridge into downtown. I’ll probably wander to the Gulch for 4:00 games, then eat and Uber back to hotel. My son will leave early, Ubering to airport to make work the next morning. 

Since I didn’t drive last time, I’m not sure how the lots work. I know the bus/RV lot was a little south of the stadium and was PACKED with Bills fans! 

I haven't been to Nissan Stadium since the Bills were here 2 years ago, but when I lived in Nashville everything on Broadway opened early on Titan game days. It may have changed since then, however... 

As an aside, a lot of the West End hotels run free shuttles down to Broadway. Might check on that, would save you an Uber fare

Edited by BillsFanCRNA
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

I haven't been to Nissan Stadium since the Bills were here 2 years ago, but when I lived in Nashville everything on Broadway opened early on Titan game days. It may have changed since then, however... 

As an aside, a lot of the West End hotels run free shuttles down to Broadway. Might check on that, would save you an Uber fare

I just googled Rippy’s since my son’s best friend used to play there and I’d visit him each time in town. The website said 11:00am on Sundays, and I bet it’s liquor laws over establishment preference. My guy used to have first shift and played to the 10:00am breakfast beer tourist crowd the rest of the week. 

Thanks, I’ll check with the Hampton Inn about easier, cheaper options. Worst case, we have 3 hotel nights, 3 club seats and frightening food and beverage overhead! If we have to Uber, it will be a drop in the bucket (even at surge prices). I used to Uber into town from Green Hills for about $10. The first hour of parking was often about $12.....when you could find it.

Again, I love that town! Many people think it’s just country music, but it’s so much more! 

7 hours ago, AtlBills said:

Traveling to Nashville this weekend to watch the Bills beat the Kitans. Went on the Titans stadium website and there is no parking offered other than to season ticket holders parking passes. Where do people other than season ticket holders park?? Driving with my wife but will be part of the Bills Backers of Atlanta contingent. We will take over Nashville as we did 2 yrs ago.

Any help or advice with the parking situation is greatly appreciated.

Go Bills!!

Where are the ATL Bills Backers meeting up? Were they mostly doing the 1,200 person, full-package deal by Nashville Bill Backers? I’m from Atlanta, but doing our own thing. Do you go to Whitehall Tavern? 

Hey all, with so many #BillsMafia going, and so many from this board as well, thought it might be helpful to have a thread of where you plan to be, and also a place to post real time how things are where you partying etc. Based on Jacksonville this would have been helped avoid about $40 in Uber rides to various bars that were all so crowded and packed with Bills fans one could not get in. Have a feeling that may happen again.

Here is the list of the "official" events and gathering places...and based on Jacksonville again ....places i will most likely avoid( i know that makes them more attractive to the rest of you cretins)

Edited by plenzmd1

12 hours ago, djp14150 said:

In June someone was killed on a scooter. The mayor said he’d ban them.

There were new rules this summer....yes you can get DUI.  They are not allowed after 10/11 at night.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2019/07/16/nashville-scooters-rules-metro-council-vote/1736120001/

nashville also is a big bachelorette part town where they have the beer trolleys.

I mean, we've had like 4 deaths here in Atlanta already and are still scootin' strong. ?

I figured it was a yes on DUI, was mostly joking.

Thanks for the info! Go Bills!

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Where are the ATL Bills Backers meeting up? Were they mostly doing the 1,200 person, full-package deal by Nashville Bill Backers? I’m from Atlanta, but doing our own thing. Do you go to Whitehall Tavern? 

Jumping in, sorry.

Yes, most of the BBA is doing the full package tailgate thing. Although a good number of us arent. I just dont believe we'll get our $50 worth with 1200+ people going. HOWEVER, I did learn something interesting. The people putting on the Bills tailgate is actually a company that hosts a "Visitors" tailgate every week in Nashville. So, for example, theyll be out there hosting another tailgate on 10/20 for Chargers fans. Which is a bonus that they might be prepared to handle the amount of Bills fans, but also says something really sad about Titans fans. Can you imagine a company hosting visitors tailgates at the Ralph?!? They'd be stormed and run out of town!

Hell yeah to Whitehall this year. I had been anti-Whitehall recently, but they re-did their wings for us, AND took down the Brady jersey. It's been a lot more fun this year. Have you been going?

Really think this should be two threads..this is specific to parking and think we need one for people to post in real time Friday, Saturday and Sunday night..where they are , having fun , too crowded,  ran out of beer etc. Really nothing to do with parking on Sunday

That may not get any replies, i am just basing it on Jacksonville, and think we will have every bit of the crowd this weekend we had that weekend, most likely even more. I am fine using a hashtag on Twitter too, but don't know how many folks use twitter on this board, i mean we have tons of old folks like @Augie who barely just learned how to text, let alone use a hashtag?

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I mean, we've had like 4 deaths here in Atlanta already and are still scootin' strong. ?

I figured it was a yes on DUI, was mostly joking.

Thanks for the info! Go Bills!

Jumping in, sorry.

Yes, most of the BBA is doing the full package tailgate thing. Although a good number of us arent. I just dont believe we'll get our $50 worth with 1200+ people going. HOWEVER, I did learn something interesting. The people putting on the Bills tailgate is actually a company that hosts a "Visitors" tailgate every week in Nashville. So, for example, theyll be out there hosting another tailgate on 10/20 for Chargers fans. Which is a bonus that they might be prepared to handle the amount of Bills fans, but also says something really sad about Titans fans. Can you imagine a company hosting visitors tailgates at the Ralph?!? They'd be stormed and run out of town!

Hell yeah to Whitehall this year. I had been anti-Whitehall recently, but they re-did their wings for us, AND took down the Brady jersey. It's been a lot more fun this year. Have you been going?

I think they are putting restrictions on this in Atlanta due to the deaths (possible only to a certain hour a/k/a BAC). 

I’ve not been to Whitehall yet this season. On vacation week 1, son came over week 2, at home opener week 3 and too nervous to be around people week 4. 

I only put this here because it is neither parking related nor real time helpful info, therefore my best chance to tick of @plenzmd1 who seems to want things to be done his way. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I think they are putting restrictions on this in Atlanta due to the deaths (possible only to a certain hour a/k/a BAC). 

I’ve not been to Whitehall yet. On vacation week 1, son came over week 2, at home opener week 3 and too nervous to be around people week 4. 

I only put this here because it is neither parking related nor real time helpful info, therefore my best chance to tick of @plenzmd1 who seems to want things to be done his way. 

BTW, i think i have 6 different scooter apps on my phone, use the poop out of them in DC

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ve not been to Whitehall yet this season. On vacation week 1, son came over week 2, at home opener week 3 and too nervous to be around people week 4. 

Yeah, they shut the scotters down at like 11pm, right? Still doesnt address the issue that Atlanta drivers will TAKE YOU OUT even if you are in the bike lane. I believe one of those deaths was someone hit by a MARTA or Cobb bus, right?

If/when you're ready to hit up Whitehall, give me a shout. It's been a blast this year so far. Club is back to feeling like how it was pre-2013 when we were at Tavern99/Hudson Midtown/Cheyenne. Alex has done a great job getting Whitehall to get their act together.

• Like (+1) 1