Percy Harvin high during every NFL game he played

papazoid

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

These guys don't believe a player can get high and produce.  Not one of them would agree to that.  Suspensions a re rare.  They don't want their players to get injured if under the influence.  They really hate paying players not to play.

I will bet you any sum of money that the drug policy changes SIGNIFICANTLY with respect to Weed in the next CBA.  I would even venture to say it's no longer a "banned substance" in states that it's legal. 

6 minutes ago, MR8 said:

I will bet you any sum of money that the drug policy changes SIGNIFICANTLY with respect to Weed in the next CBA.  I would even venture to say it's no longer a "banned substance" in states that it's legal. 

You're betting that the CBA will allow players to smoke weed in certain states and not in others?  How would that be written and enforced?

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How so?  Can you  name the white middle aged billionaire in the group who would be just fine with his players getting high right before a game?

I think they would all be okay with it as long as they produce and don't get caught until the next CBA gets rid of the enforcement on it....just like the MLB and NBA.  

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

You're betting that the CBA will allow players to smoke weed in certain states and not in others?  How would that be written and enforced?

No, they just won't have it on the banned list or won't test for it anymore.  Other sports leagues have done this....

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not my job to write man, but yes I am betting it's no longer on the banned substance list, but in the case of places where it is illegal, players will be held to the law of the land, but in places where it is not illegal, there will be no punishment from the league.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they just stopped testing for it all together. 

1 minute ago, MR8 said:

Not my job to write man, but yes I am betting it's no longer on the banned substance list, but in the case of places where it is illegal, players will be held to the law of the land, but in places where it is not illegal, there will be no punishment from the league.

It's decriminalized in Atlanta....even though it's "illegal".

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

It's decriminalized in Atlanta under an ounce.  

And in NY, and fully legal in Colorado, California, and Washington State... like I said its going to come off the list, and the only times players will get in trouble for it is if they are arrested for possession in a state where it is still illegal.  It'd be the same as if they were arrested for possession of a fire arm etc.... the League will be forced to take action in those instances because of player code of conduct, and the negative light it puts the league in.

But I would bet they stop testing for it and no longer have an official stance. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think they would all be okay with it

as long as they produce and don't get caught until the next CBA gets rid of the enforcement on it....just like the MLB and NBA.  

LOL go right up to Terry next time you see him  and say, "Hey Boss, would care if your team got baked right before kickoff?" 

NONE of these guys would say..."yeah, sure, I trust that they will still produce.".  ALL of them are convinced a football player cannot produce at the level they are paying him if he's high.  I'm not sure how you could even consider this possible. 

Also, in MLB and NBA, no one is hitting each other---that's the point.

6 minutes ago, MR8 said:

So they would test them in certain cities?  And the NFLPA will be OK with some guys being exposed to suspension because of where they live, but not others?

Flesh this out for me.

Edited by Mr. WEO

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

LOL go right up to Terry next time you see him  and say, "Hey Boss, would care if your team got baked right before kickoff?" 

NONE of these guys would say..."yeah, sure, I trust that they will still produce.".  ALL of them are convinced a football player cannot produce at the level they are paying him if he's high.  I'm not sure how you could even consider this possible. 

Also, in MLB and NBA, no one is hitting each other---that's the point.

Dude...stop being naive and being ridiculous.  

Proof it then.  Proof ALL of them are convinced.  I need concrete evidence.

Oh that's the point?  Do NHL players not hit each other?  Do MMA fighters not hit each other?

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Same in Buffalo. It’s been unofficially decriminalized for about 10 years now. Just recently made it official

Yep.  There's a video going around in Atlanta where a cop gives back the driver his baggy.  

My friend is a cop and he told me that they are told not to even worry about it from his precinct.  

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Yep.  There's a video going around in Atlanta where a cop gives back the driver his baggy.  

My friend is a cop and he told me that they are told not to even worry about it from his precinct.  

Don’t have any on video but I’ve been given my weed back almost every time. The one time I was arrested for it the judge yelled at the prosecutor and cop for wasting his and my time.

9 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Don’t have any on video but I’ve been given my weed back almost every time. The one time I was arrested for it the judge yelled at the prosecutor and cop for wasting his and my time.

I went to a charity event a few weeks ago....it was a boxing match between cops and fireman.  The gym was filled with about 200 cops and 200 fireman cheering on their guys.

I was hanging out with my friend (the cop) around his other cop friends...both on duty and off.

I told my friend that I was going to walk out for a sec to hit my vape a few times.  He told me to just do it right here...no need to go out.  I asked if it really is okay in front of these cops...especially since there was on duty ones.  He told me it would be fine.  I started hitting my vape in front of all these cops and none of them cared.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude...stop being naive and being ridiculous.  

Proof it then.  Proof ALL of them are convinced.  I need concrete evidence.

Oh that's the point?  Do NHL players not hit each other?  Do MMA fighters not hit each other?

"Proof"....what?  Give me one reason why ,say...the Maras or Jerry Joes or Kraft or Pegula would be fine with their employees playing for their franchise under the influence.  What makes it obvious to you that they are absolutely fine with this concept right now

Anyway.  I'm guessing weed is not the drug of choice for NHL players.  And MMA?  who cares?  They aren't players who are paid by an owner.  If the want to get high and step into the ring, then they won't make much money.

2 hours ago, MR8 said:

Ugh the old semantics argument... the refuge of people grasping at straws...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/ambigamy/201404/psychological-crutches-ten-myths-and-three-tips

You don’t need to copy the entire article.  Just saying.  

The idea is you post a link and the the author to get their due clicks