Percy Harvin high during every NFL game he played

papazoid

@Offside#76FredSmerlas You may be the dumbest person to have ever opened their cobweb infested mouth. For one, it is almost indisputable the number of negative effects alcohol has in relation to marijuana. You are stuck in refer madness mentality my ill informed friend. Let me ask you a question or two..if you ever went to any real parties where real drinking went on, you would know drugs come out in abundance there. That said, most can agree that it is not uncommon to see/ hear of someone doing harder drugs like cocaine, painkillers, benzos, etc. More times than not the decision is influenced by raw alcohol intake. If you’ve ever smoked bud, you’d know that you’d just want to munch and maybe take a nap after getting all your s*** done. Also, open your mind to

the fact that the pharmaceutical companies and constantly-lobbied politicians on multiple levels have their own agenda/ reputation at stake. Do you think it would do many medical industries favors to consume a substance nationwide with no need for prescription, essentially lowering the need to lean on medical insurance for supplementation? Meaning less copayments for

those with health insurance towards pills, etc.  All food for thought.

12 hours ago, MJS said:

Staring at screens all day is certainly bad for you.

Bro, if you've never rolled up a "hog-leg", fired it up and a taken such a hit that you feel like your chest is on fire and your eyes want to pop, and then sat down with a good ol' bowl of sugar coated frosted flakes, then you just don't know what you're missing.....:flirt:

11 hours ago, Chill said:

People use substances as excuses for why they do not meet their full potential. Xanax, cannabis, alcohol, whatever the crutch is is no excuse. 

Percy has a mental problem, and he is attempting to self medicate. It’s the user, not the substance. Everything is bad if abused, yes, everything.

Moderation is the key to a successful life. 

Once again, shallow insults are not necessary. 

Immensely critical thing to say people who take prescription drugs are using it as a crutch.  Not a subscriber to psychopharmacology? 

17 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I hear great things about snorting antifreeze.... Same logic?

You have?! From where? Oh, wait, this is made up to prove a point that can't be proven with a real example isn't it?

Edited by vincec

12 hours ago, Chill said:

People use substances as excuses for why they do not meet their full potential. Xanax, cannabis, alcohol, whatever the crutch is is no excuse. 

Percy has a mental problem, and he is attempting to self medicate. It’s the user, not the substance. Everything is bad if abused, yes, everything.

Moderation is the key to a successful life. 

Once again, shallow insults are not necessary. 

38 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Immensely critical thing to say people who take prescription drugs are using it as a crutch.  Not a subscriber to psychopharmacology? 

Every single conservative I’ve ever met (my entire family is chock full of them) has one thing in common:

A complete and total inability (or absolute refusal) to empathize with those who are different from them. 

They live in their bubbles (99% of the time privileged bubbles) and no other perspectives in this complicated world matter. Their views are superior and everyone must live by them. Those who don’t are simply inferior and/or are living their lives wrongly.

34 minutes ago, vincec said:

You have?! From where? Oh, wait, this is made up to prove a point that can't be proven with a real example isn't it?

Your emotional response to the use of irony is really telling about your personal need to defend marijuana. The problem is that i wasn’t attacking marijuana. In fact, if you go throughout this entire thread, you will not find me attacking pot or even positing an opinion of that plant. Rather, what I was doing with my post that went over your head was showing  that the argument “don’t knock it unless you’ve tried it” is stupid and has no validity in a genuine discussion about anything, including marijuana. 

That being said, you prefer a real, demonstrable example of things that we, as a society, can knock without having tried... here’s a couple:

1- Cocain

2- Heroin

3- Suicide

4- Murder

5- Rape

6- Eating contaminated meat

7- telling your wife that those pants do make her butt look fat

8- licking an electrical outlet

9- investigating the clogged mower deck while the blades are on

10- sex with animals

11- etc. 

As you’ll see from this list, and from the context of my original post, and the use of irony that again, went over your head, there are many many things we as a society and as individuals can condemn without ever having tried them. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Every single conservative I’ve ever met (my entire family is chock full of them) has one thing in common:

A complete and total inability (or absolute refusal) to empathize with those who are different from them. 

They live in their bubbles (99% of the time privileged bubbles) and no other perspectives in this complicated world matter. Their views are superior and everyone must live by them. Those who don’t are simply inferior and/or are living their lives wrongly.

Well as a conservative I find this highly offensive ... Funny how you are criticizing "conservatives" for having a "refusal to empathize with those who are different" and yet you yourself go on to take shots at "conservatives" with blanket statements like they're over privileged or that they're superior... While sounding arrogant and "superior" yourself.

This isn't a "Liberal vs Conservative" debate man, but FTR, liberals have no problem judging, demeaning, and belittling conservatives either... 

But back to the topic at hand....

Depression, anxiety, stress, mental illness, all sorts of issues are helped by medical usage of numerous drugs.  Those drugs are NOT a "Crutch" they are aids to help people be able to function. 

The hard part about pot being argued as medicinal when these guys are doing it on their own is that there is no discussion with a Doctor to figure out dosage and regiment.  There is such a thing as too much, and there is dependency that can come from over medicating, so it's a slippery slope.  But the statement that people who need drugs to be even keel is flat out wrong and ignorant.

I sincerely hope people who think that don't need to face situations where they themselves or their loved ones need medication, because watching people deal with anxiety, depression, and mental illness is very difficult.  And if your stance on it is "they're just weak"... well then It's safe to say your loved one won't have the support system they need to get better. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Well as a conservative I find this highly offensive ... Funny how you are criticizing "conservatives" for having a "refusal to empathize with those who are different" and yet you yourself go on to take shots at "conservatives" with blanket statements like they're over privileged or that they're superior... While sounding arrogant and "superior" yourself.

This isn't a "Liberal vs Conservative" debate man, but FTR, liberals have no problem judging, demeaning, and belittling conservatives either... 

But back to the topic at hand....

Depression, anxiety, stress, mental illness, all sorts of issues are helped by medical usage of numerous drugs.  Those drugs are NOT a "Crutch" they are aids to help people be able to function. 

The hard part about pot being argued as medicinal when these guys are doing it on their own is that there is no discussion with a Doctor to figure out dosage and regiment.  There is such a thing as too much, and there is dependency that can come from over medicating, so it's a slippery slope.  But the statement that people who need drugs to be even keel is flat out wrong and ignorant.

I sincerely hope people who think that don't need to face situations where they themselves or their loved ones need medication, because watching people deal with anxiety, depression, and mental illness is very difficult.  And if your stance on it is "they're just weak"... well then It's safe to say your loved one won't have the support system they need to get better. 

You’re offended? Good grief.

I mean, the very definition of conservative is one who is averse to change and innovation. So you’re basically offended by someone who describes conservatives as exactly what they are by the definition of the word. 

Conserve the status quo. Why conserve it? What is your fear of progress? How else would you explain a conservative other than not having empathy for those who are different? If you had empathy for that person, why would you be against change that would benefit that person?

If you interpret that as “taking shots” then you’re being oversensitive. 

All that said, based on your view of this topic, I don’t think you’re nearly as conservative as you say you are.

1 minute ago, teef said:

now it needs to pull a vonte davis and retire at halftime.

We're way past halftime. Once political strawman arguments came out, we found ourselves deep in the bottom of the 11th inning, the other team just got a 3 pointer, and we just got a yellow card for a helmet to helmet hit...

It's a cluster *****... 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I train in brazilian jiu jitsu and Muay Thai....I take a big hit before I walk in the gym.  

When I'm stretching, I feel like I'm on clouds.  When I actually start working, I don't feel it.  When the round ends, I start feeling it again in the minute or two break.

My ex used to run marathons and she would keep a cookie in her pocket.  She would eat pieces through out the run and it really helped her.

So what you're saying is that it really does enhance performance...

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

We're way past halftime. Once the enlightened liberal got here to educate us all about how evil conservatives are, we found ourselves deep in the bottom of the 11th inning, the other team just got a 3 pointer, and we just got a yellow card for a helmet to helmet hit...

It's a cluster *****... 

So how long are we in the penalty box?

8 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

You’re offended? Good grief.

I mean, the very definition of conservative is one who is averse to change and innovation. So you’re basically offended by someone who describes conservatives as exactly what they are by the definition of the word. 

Conserve the status quo. Why conserve it? What is your fear of progress? How else would you explain a conservative other than not having empathy for those who are different? If you had empathy for that person, why would you be against change that would benefit that person?

If you interpret that as “taking shots” then you’re being oversensitive. 

All that said, based on your view of this topic, I don’t think you’re nearly as conservative as you say you are.

Sorry, I'm not getting sucked into a political debate with some dude on a football message board.  

Have a nice day. 

8 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

So how long are we in the penalty box?

Until the other team gets a turkey.

(sorry, ran out of good sports references and had to dig deep for bowling... I'm not proud of it.)

5 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Sorry, I'm not getting sucked into a political debate with some dude on a football message board.  

Have a nice day. 

You're only walking away cause you're a close minded conservative... ;)

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 3