Percy Harvin high during every NFL game he played

papazoid

16 minutes ago, Bakin said:

The leading cause of death is life.

If you compared the benefits of marijuana to the benefits of sugar - which list would be longer?

Here are the benefits of inhaling marijuana smoke or ingesting cannabinoids. There are at least 61 of them. 

https://www.herbonaut.com/benefits-of-marijuana/

The "benefits" are subjective, for one, and don't compare to the harm of inhaling over 50 proven carcinogens. Edibles are a completely different story. I doubt there are long term negative effects for edibles. Even I would try that.

2 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I get high pretty much every time I play sports.  Sometimes when I go running I am high and usually do about 3-5 miles.  Every time I go biking I am high.  I'm almost 40 and still regularly out perform people in their early 20's when I play sports with them while being high.  How many NBA'ers are high regularly during games?  A lot.  People have a lot of misconceptions about marijuana.  

That they most certainly do.....Reefer Madness!!!!

1 hour ago, Offside#76FredSmerlas said:

Scary thing is that most people who use harder drugs such as heroin always come back to the fact that they started with marijuana which led them to want to take stronger drugs.  If marijuana is a gateway drug and we are in the beginning stages of it being legalized probably in many states what does this say about future drug issues in the upcoming years?  Just like alcohol they are not legalizing it because of its benefits but the governments are legalizing it for the riches brought to the economy. The all mighty dollar. 

"Scary thing is that" people react with knee jerk emotions to things that confirm their biases.  It's correlation, not causation.  People with addictive personalities just would have started with something else if weed didn't exist.  That's like saying we should ban Tylenol because science men say 100% of heroin users have at some point also used Tylenol.  Beware the intellectual scams that are the phrases "linked to" and "consistent with".  You can find that posting on fan forums is "linked to" puppy murder if you twist some numbers and sprinkle in some weasel words.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-gateway-drug

...These findings are consistent with the idea of marijuana as a "gateway drug." However, the majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, "harder" substances. Also, cross-sensitization is not unique to marijuana. Alcohol and nicotine also prime the brain for a heightened response to other drugs52 and are, like marijuana, also typically used before a person progresses to other, more harmful substances.

It is important to note that other factors besides biological mechanisms, such as a person’s social environment, are also critical in a person’s risk for drug use. An alternative to the gateway-drug hypothesis is that people who are more vulnerable to drug-taking are simply more likely to start with readily available substances such as marijuana, tobacco, or alcohol, and their subsequent social interactions with others who use drugs increases their chances of trying other drugs. Further research is needed to explore this question.

Once in college, we got high before practice.  Literally, it was one of the worst decisions I ever made.  I didn’t want to have any physical contact and just feel like I had no stamina.  There are a bunch of other things that I think would be more helpful to play than weed. 

That said, it’s so stupid the nfl bans it.  Football is the best sport on each and the nfl is run by morons. 

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

The "benefits" are subjective, for one, and don't compare to the harm of inhaling over 50 proven carcinogens. Edibles are a completely different story. I doubt there are long term negative effects for edibles. Even I would try that.

Uh, the benefits are not subjective. 

Many of them are proven by science. 

Ask a cancer patient or an epileptic or a PTSD sufferer. 

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Bill Walton and most of the entire UCLA basketball team that won numerous NCAA titles were high every practice and every game. I knew a guy who played on those teams.

Bill Walton was quite a character. And still is. :)

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bill+walton+john+wooden+marjiuana&view=detail&mid=C8D486EFDB32636081F6C8D486EFDB32636081F6&FORM=VIRE

18 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Depends on the amount of sugar/weed no? 

Should I quit using my fireplace...or quit sitting around a camp fire, cuz you know any smoke is bad for you.

You know that oxygen causes nearly all things to be corrosive, right? If it were not for that doggon oxygen, we would never get older.

Again, go look at the context of the thread. I said as much up there. Pound for pound, smoke is worse.

30 minutes ago, Bakin said:

The leading cause of death is life.

If you compared the benefits of marijuana to the benefits of sugar - which list would be longer?

Here are the benefits of inhaling marijuana smoke or ingesting cannabinoids. There are at least 61 of them. 

https://www.herbonaut.com/benefits-of-marijuana/

You’re switching the argument (that you weren’t even an original part of) now. I’m saying that inhaling smoke intentionally is bad for the body. Done for no reason other than electively, it’s not wise. Same as how eating excessive sugar for no reason other than joy is unwise. 

48 minutes ago, MJS said:

Hmm, that's not consistent with what I have read from multiple sources, but I assume there's a lot of room for error there. Probably effects everyone differently.

Mine are supported by science, though.

again...says every scientist. I'm not just reading high times and throwing poop at the wall. Your article is 20+ years old

Just now, Bakin said:

Uh, the benefits are not subjective. 

Many of them are proven by science. 

Ask a cancer patient or an epileptic or a PTSD sufferer. 

Science doesn't prove things. Science provides models based on evidence.

Do you know what subjective means? Based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions. Do you know what the most effective form of treatment in history is? The placebo.

And regardless, medical marijuana is not the topic here. There is a huge difference between that and recreational smoking.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

"Over fifty known carcinogens have been identified in cannabis smoke.[36] These include nitrosamines, reactive aldehydes, and polycylic hydrocarbons, including benz[a]pyrene.[37] Marijuana smoke was listed as a cancer agent in California in 2009.[38] A study by the British Lung Foundation published in 2012 identifies cannabis smoke as a carcinogen and also finds awareness of the danger is low compared with the high awareness of the dangers of smoking tobacco particularly among younger users."

It is totally carcinogenic.

The bar for getting listed as a cancer agent in California is notoriously low.  They rely heavily on "linked to" pseudoscience to come to the conclusion that almost EVERYTHING is a "cancer causing agent".  It's a meme that petting kittens and being kind to the elderly is a cancer causing agent in California. 

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Incredibly obscure point.

Yet it's a valid one.

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

again...says every scientist. I'm not just reading high times and throwing poop at the wall. Your article is 20+ years old

I never posted a link to an article. So where did you get the "20 years old" thing?

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Do you know what subjective means? Based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions. Do you know what the most effective form of treatment in history is? The placebo.

And regardless, medical marijuana is not the topic here. There is a huge difference between that and recreational smoking.

Medical marijuana is the best...much more potent.  Colorado dispensaries we’re getting robbed for the product and not the cash.  

There would be a safe filled without thousands of dollars, they wouldn’t touch it.  Just wanted the weed. 

Just now, MJS said:

not really. if some one likes how they feel while under the "influence" at an early age, say Chrone's Disease, anxiety, what have you, then they were put in the "stoner" category.And labeled a 2nd class citizen. does zantac help your heartburn? ever? you may want to read an updated version of effects caused sir. same thing 

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Bill Walton and most of the entire UCLA basketball team that won numerous NCAA titles were high every practice and every game. I knew a guy who played on those teams.

THE Bill Walton? SHOCKING, I tell you! 

?

3 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Yet it's a valid one.

It's really not. Has there been a controlled study done on the Icelandic people? If so, that would be interesting. But making a correlation like that and then making claims based on that is not arguable. I'll use the age old cliche: "Correlation does not equal causation".