Percy Harvin high during every NFL game he played

papazoid

2 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I get high pretty much every time I play sports.  Sometimes when I go running I am high and usually do about 3-5 miles.  Every time I go biking I am high.  I'm almost 40 and still regularly out perform people in their early 20's when I play sports with them while being high.  How many NBA'ers are high regularly during games?  A lot.  People have a lot of misconceptions about marijuana.  

I'm not keen on playing competitive sports when I'm lit, but it's a nice way to spend a couple of hours at the gym, especially when I'm doing longer cardio sessions.

1 minute ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Exactly. Pre game jitters, etc. Its mostly out of the system, mostly, by the start of warm-ups. Nice and relaxed, perfectly clear headed and (in my experience) extremely focused by that point. No way was he actually "stoned" while on the field. 

Takes like 20-30 minutes to start feeling it, correct? Then lasts 2-3 hours on average? I'd say he was probably still high through at least a portion of the game.

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

You could, and it sounds like you want to try. But without a comprehensive study that demonstrates it, i'm happy with the reality that you're wrong and simply trying to fit your narrative. But have fun with that. 

and for the second point, do tell me how you know more about lungs than the american Lung association. I wont wait because i'm done with this thread and with people who are willing to deny logical and science to excuse vices. ;)

Smoke is harmful to lung health. Whether from burning wood, tobacco or marijuana, toxins and carcinogens are released from the combustion of materials. Smoke from marijuana combustion has been shown to contain many of the same toxins, irritants and carcinogens as tobacco smoke.4-7

https://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/marijuana-and-lung-health.html

What kills more people?

marijuana addiction or obesity?

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

True that. Yes, heavily processed meats (like Bacon) were recently added to the list of carcinogens by the World Health Organization because they have been shown to cause cancer. Didn't know about coffee, but I don't drink coffee.

Supposedly if you let the coffee cool down, it’s better for you.

Just now, MJS said:

Takes like 20-30 minutes to start feeling it, correct? Then lasts 2-3 hours on average? I'd say he was probably still high through at least a portion of the game.

Incorrect. Im assuming he got the fine herb. The effect is nearly immediate (dank not skank), then lasts for...a while. Go run a lap 30 minutes later, and you won't feel "stoned" at all, but you will be concentrating on your form, etc, and nothing else matters.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Is your argument that smoke isn't toxic? Because smoke, in all it's forms and from all sources, is toxic, including cannabis:

"A 2007 study found that while tobacco and cannabis smoke are quite similar, cannabis smoke contained higher amounts of ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, and nitrogen oxides, but lower levels of carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs).[32] This study found that directly inhaled cannabis smoke contained as much as 20 times as much ammonia and 5 times as much hydrogen cyanide as tobacco smoke and compared the properties of both mainstream and sidestream (smoke emitted from a smouldering 'joint' or 'cone') smoke.[32] Mainstream cannabis smoke was found to contain higher concentrations of selected polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) than sidestream tobacco smoke.[32] However, other studies have found much lower disparities in ammonia and hydrogen cyanide between cannabis and tobacco, and that some other constituents (such as polonium-210, lead, arsenic, nicotine, and tobacco-specific nitrosamines) are either lower or non-existent in cannabis smoke.[33][34]

Cannabis smoke contains thousands of organic and inorganic chemical compounds. This tar is chemically similar to that found in tobacco smoke or cigars.[35] Over fifty known carcinogens have been identified in cannabis smoke.[36] These include nitrosamines, reactive aldehydes, and polycylic hydrocarbons, including benz[a]pyrene.[37] Marijuana smoke was listed as a cancer agent in California in 2009.[38] A study by the British Lung Foundation published in 2012 identifies cannabis smoke as a carcinogen and also finds awareness of the danger is low compared with the high awareness of the dangers of smoking tobacco particularly among younger users."

Absolutely.

for every article that you can find saying how bad weed is, I can find an equal amount that says bull####

5 minutes ago, Bakin said:

What kills more people?

marijuana addiction or obesity?

I’m not arguing about the toxcicity of marijuana... go back and look at the context of the thread. My chief argument is that inhaling smoke is always bad for the body and that it is bad to a greater extent than the consumption of sugar.

9 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Wrong

Oxygen, the gas vital to sustain life, can also destroy it. It may become toxic at an elevated partial pressure....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4925834/

Not wrong. It isn't a toxin.

Toxin:

"An antigenic poison or venom of plant or animal origin, especially one produced by or derived from microorganisms and causing disease when present at low concentration in the body."

"A poisonous substance that is a specific product of the metabolic activities of a living organism and is usually very unstable, notably toxic when introduced into the tissues, and typically capable of inducing antibody formation."

"Any poison produced by an organism, characterized by antigenicity in certain animals and high molecular weight, and including the bacterial toxins that are the causative agents of tetanus, diphtheria, etc., and such plant and animal toxins as ricin and snake venom."

Edited by MJS

24 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Here come all the anti-weed activists and moralists. 

And Bakin!   ?

I don’t care what anyone else wants to do in this regard. Who am I to judge? Everything has health risks, and we will all die one day. As long as you’re not hurting anyone else, why should I care?   

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If you smoke, it’s instant and lasts about 40-45 minutes.

If you eat it, it takes about an hour to kick in.

Hmm, that's not consistent with what I have read from multiple sources, but I assume there's a lot of room for error there. Probably effects everyone differently.

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

for every article that you can find saying how bad weed is, I can find an equal amount that says bull####

Mine are supported by science, though.

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I’m not arguing about the toxcicity of marijuana... go back and look at the context of the thread. My chief argument is that inhaling smoke is always bad for the body and that it is bad to a greater extent than the consumption of sugar.

The leading cause of death is life.

If you compared the benefits of marijuana to the benefits of sugar - which list would be longer?

Here are the benefits of inhaling marijuana smoke or ingesting cannabinoids. There are at least 61 of them. 

https://www.herbonaut.com/benefits-of-marijuana/

23 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Depends on the amount of sugar/weed no? 

Should I quit using my fireplace...or quit sitting around a camp fire, cuz you know any smoke is bad for you.

You know that oxygen causes nearly all things to be corrosive, right? If it were not for that doggon oxygen, we would never get older.

27 minutes ago, MJS said:

Hmm, that's not consistent with what I have read from multiple sources, but I assume there's a lot of room for error there. Probably effects everyone differently.

I’ve been smoking for 20 years as of all of my friends.  I’ve partied and smoked with probably 200 different people between college, living in Los Angeles and now....it’s pretty consistent.