Percy Harvin high during every NFL game he played

papazoid

27 minutes ago, MJS said:

I feel like you're getting into the weeds...

There's no debate, here. Inhaling smoke is bad for you. Do it enough and you will have long term consequences. Smoke from cigarettes, or Cannabis, or smoke from a fire pit makes little difference to the toxicity. It's toxic.

But in my attempt to answer your question, I'd say water? Water isn't bad for you, but if you drink too much you can dilute the sodium in your body and die, so even that comes with a caveat.

It's bad if you breathe it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don't have evidence and I don't necessarily feel the need to research it myself as It seems (and feel free to disagree with this) pretty instinctual that smoking any kind of substance is worse for the body than consuming a relative equal amount of sugar... One argument for this would be to look at how much sugar the average person consumes during any given day, and then compare the number of deaths related to smoking (which is done by a smaller population than those that consume sugar) and then look at deaths caused by sugar. Again... This doesn't seem like something that is debatable, but maybe I'm missing it... 

Edit: here's some basic research:

https://www.livescience.com/51385-sugary-drinks-global-deaths.html

Sugary Drinks Kill 184,000 People Every Year

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/index.htm

Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.1

As for the article that you referenced, it's worthless in this conversation because it doesn't speak to quantities and it isn't comparative. I am willing and able to admit sugar, especially large quantities of sugar, is terrible for the body. That isn't my argument at all. As for the scientist opinion, there is more anti-smoking literature in the world (not to mention laws) than there is ant-sugar. 

I don't smoke cigarettes though or was referring to it.  We know how bad tobacco is.

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

https://time.com/4087775/sugar-is-definitely-toxic-a-new-study-says/

But proving that the rise of the chronic diseases was actually linked to higher sugar consumption is a challenge. Dr. Robert Lustig, from the department of pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco, who has made a name for himself publishing books and research addressing the question of sugar’s effects on the body, wanted clearer answers. Now, in a paper published Tuesday, he and his colleagues believe they have come up with the definitive evidence that sugar, as Lustig says, “is toxic.”

Good job! You found one guy in the world that thinks sugar should be classified as a toxin!

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't smoke cigarettes though or was referring to it.  We know how bad tobacco is.

And chemically they are quite similar.

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Tomato Tahmato

Smoke is harmful to lung health. Whether from burning wood, tobacco or marijuana, toxins and carcinogens are released from the combustion of materials. Smoke from marijuana combustion has been shown to contain many of the same toxins, irritants and carcinogens as tobacco smoke.4-7

https://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/marijuana-and-lung-health.html

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Good job! You found one guy in the world that thinks sugar should be classified as a toxin!

And chemically they are quite similar.

They are in areas but we know tobacco causes cancer.  Most research shows weed doesn’t.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/does-marijuana-cause-lung-cancer-doctors-call-more-research-n993941#anchor-Doesmarijuanausecauselungcancer

Does marijuana use cause lung cancer?

“Most research says no, but that doesn’t mean that smoking joints long-term comes without consequences.”

Im not saying inhaling smoke in your lungs is fine.  There are other issues that come with it but saying it’s an absolute carcinogen...not conclusive.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They are in areas but we know tobacco causes cancer.  Most research shows weed doesn’t

Does marijuana use cause lung cancer?

“Most research says no, but that doesn’t mean that smoking joints long-term comes without consequences.”

Im not saying inhaling smoke in your lungs is fine.  There are other issues that come with it but saying it’s an absolute carcinogen...not conclusive.

"Over fifty known carcinogens have been identified in cannabis smoke.[36] These include nitrosamines, reactive aldehydes, and polycylic hydrocarbons, including benz[a]pyrene.[37] Marijuana smoke was listed as a cancer agent in California in 2009.[38] A study by the British Lung Foundation published in 2012 identifies cannabis smoke as a carcinogen and also finds awareness of the danger is low compared with the high awareness of the dangers of smoking tobacco particularly among younger users."

It is totally carcinogenic.

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

There are differences between weed and tobacco.  

We know for sure tobacco causes cancer....

Yes I know smoking anything isn't as good as consuming it other ways.  I acknowledge that.

I would rate marijuana below any narcotic, alcohol and even sugar as far as health.

36 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude...I haven't played Madden since 2005 on a PS2.  I think Steve McNair was on the cover?

I don't have anything now but I wonder how good I would be playing the latest version?

I hadn't played since Madden 2005 either. I literally never lost a game to anyone(over storm brave was unstoppable).

Last year, I went to a friend's house for a Bills game. His 8 year old son beat me 45-0. Good luck.

Just now, MJS said:

"Over fifty known carcinogens have been identified in cannabis smoke.[36] These include nitrosamines, reactive aldehydes, and polycylic hydrocarbons, including benz[a]pyrene.[37] Marijuana smoke was listed as a cancer agent in California in 2009.[38] A study by the British Lung Foundation published in 2012 identifies cannabis smoke as a carcinogen and also finds awareness of the danger is low compared with the high awareness of the dangers of smoking tobacco particularly among younger users."

It is totally carcinogenic.

So all the doctors/scientists are wrong in my article.  All the doctors/scientists in your article are right?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

There are differences between weed and tobacco.  

We know for sure tobacco causes cancer....

Yes I know smoking anything isn't as good as consuming it other ways.  I acknowledge that.

I would rate marijuana below any narcotic, alcohol and even sugar as far as health.

Yes, there are... That article clearly indicates the differences. 

Smoking anything is bad. Clearly. 

The health issues of pot outside of smoking is another conversation for another day. Smoking pot is bad because it's inhaling smoke into your lungs. It is worse than sugar in it's negative health impact. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So all the doctors/scientists are wrong in my article.  All the doctors/scientists in your article are right?

No, they are looking at different things. Your article is looking only at specific cases of cancer caused from cannabis. The issue is the availability of quality data to analyze. That data won't be available for decades because it is only now starting to become wide spread enough to collect quality data.

My article is talking about the chemical compounds found within, over 50 of which are carcinogenic. Tests on the chemical compounds do not require data like that.

Just now, MJS said:

No, they are looking at different things. Your article is looking only at specific cases of cancer caused from cannabis. The issue is the availability of quality data to analyze. That data won't be available for decades because it is only now starting to become wide spread enough to collect quality data.

My article is talking about the chemical compounds found within, over 50 of which are carcinogenic. Tests on the chemical compounds do not require data like that.

Great.

Iceland smokes more pot than any other country in the world....but have one of the lowest lung cancer rates in developed countries.

Can you tell me why there isn't a lung cancer epidemic in this country?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yes, there are... That article clearly indicates the differences. 

Smoking anything is bad. Clearly. 

The health issues of pot outside of smoking is another conversation for another day. Smoking pot is bad because it's inhaling smoke into your lungs. It is worse than sugar in it's negative health impact. 

I guess we will agree to disagree.

We know sugar destroys are body.  It kills people.  We know that for sure.  It's leading to an obesity "epidemic" in this country (other factors lead to this too but sugar intake is a major component).