Gostkowski on IR

Virgil

6 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

The surgery doesn't have to be some big scary serious procedure.  A minor clean up procedure technically qualifies as a surgery for the headlines.  I'm not saying this is the case, but I wouldn't put it past Belicheat to say "Let's get you booked in for an endoscopic tune up so we can say you're injured and having season ending surgery".  I mean just look at his injury report shenanigans and the meme of Brady being listed as "questionable" for 15 years straight.

Way too much paranoia over a guy having hip surgery.  Any surgery gets you eligible for IR.  

I wouldn't be surprised if they draft a kicker next April & say goodbye to Gostkowski.  

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Come On Man!  Get the facts before posting nonsense.  He's having hip surgery.  Do you think he's faking surgery?  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27753227/patriots-kicker-stephen-gostkowski-season-ending-hip-surgery

This conspiracy is deeper than anyone realized. Read the bread crumbs.

11 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Way too much paranoia over a guy having hip surgery.  Any surgery gets you eligible for IR.  

I wouldn't be surprised if they draft a kicker next April & say goodbye to Gostkowski.  

Isn't that...my point...?

2 minutes ago, SMAKCruiser said:

The guy is having season ending surgery... What are the Patriots supposed to do with him?   Keep him on the active roster?   People are reading way too much into a non issue.

You can have an endoscopic clean up on a joint or something and be back in a week.  Has anyone reported yet what the actual surgery is?  All I've seen so far is "having surgery, out for year".  The vagueness of it so far is what is making me skeptical.

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

You can have an endoscopic clean up on a joint or something and be back in a week.  Has anyone reported yet what the actual surgery is?  All I've seen so far is "having surgery, out for year".  The vagueness of it so far is what is making me skeptical.

It's a kicker... who cares!?!?!?

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Come On Man!  Get the facts before posting nonsense.  He's having hip surgery.  Do you think he's faking surgery?  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27753227/patriots-kicker-stephen-gostkowski-season-ending-hip-surgery

Well damn...im getting ready to have a hip replacement so i can feel for his pain...

37 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Thats true...players recover from surgery faster than ever these day...hell, im having a complete hip replacement and I've been told my recovery time is 4-6 weeks and to expect it to be closer to the 4 since I'm relatively young...

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

That’ll teach him to miss and extra point

Teach him what? 

Sit on the sidelines and collect his full paycheck? Seems like a good deal to me. 

Cutting him would be far worse... so I'm guessing he must be injured?