Gostkowski on IR

Virgil

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Would’ve been good if Allen didn’t take that sack

Absolutely. Taking a sack to take you out of easy field goal range is a big mistake for young QB's. Have to know that they need to throw the ball away (or at the feet of a receiver) in those circumstances.

Edited by MJS

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Well, that does it.   

I just know they're going to sign Chase McLoughlin off the Chargers practice squad and he'll become a star in NE...

I believe the Chargers just promoted McLaughlin to the active roster.

Just now, jkeerie said:

I believe the Chargers just promoted McLaughlin to the active roster.

Yep, you're right.   I took my post down after I realized he was on the active 53, not the practice squad.

Anyway....Chase will probably become a star for the Chargers now!!

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I like Chase.  Somehow, though, the Chargers have rarely had good luck with kickers.  (One of the reasons they had to promote Chase.)

I honestly wanted Chase to get a long look over Hauschka this preseason. As the Patriots did this year at the punter position, we should always be looking to get similar performance from cheaper players. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, MJS said:

Absolutely. Taking a sack to take you out of easy field goal range is a big mistake for young QB's. Have to know that they need to throw the ball away (or at the feet of a receiver) in those circumstances.

He cost us most likely two field goals Sunday, enough to tie the final score.  And when he loses yards he can really lose yards with those spin out of a tackle and retreat another 7 yards trying to make a hero play.

• Like (+1) 1

Sleeps with the fishes...

• Like (+1) 1